Man runs down people on Flinders St in Melb with 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To keep them in care you need funding. There's been more cuts to funding for mental health
You are right..they shut down places like Callan Park and Gladesville hospitals..they throw them in boarding houses..where they don’t get proper ‘help’ for their problems..in addition their pensions are controlled and exploited..as they themselves are..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You are right..they shut down places like Callan Park and Gladesville hospitals..they throw them in boarding houses..where they don’t get proper ‘help’ for their problems..in addition their pensions are controlled and exploited..as they themselves are..
The whole situation is complex, its not as clear cut as what people make it out to be.

Many here reacted with bring back the death penalty, stone him etc, what if this guys reaction is based on the same kind of anger?

It's why I oppose division because as much as we all may hate to admit it, all humans are emotional creatures and we have a lot more in common than we'd like to think

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole situation is complex, its not as clear cut as what people make it out to be.

Many here reacted with bring back the death penalty, stone him etc, what if this guys reaction is based on the same kind of anger?

It's why I oppose division because as much as we all may hate to admit it, all humans are emotional creatures and we have a lot more in common than we'd like to think
Yes it’s extremely complex..as on many occasions people can only be identified if they seek help.. I understand exactly what you mean..But there needs to be accountability for what they do..especially if the crime is a heinous one..sometimes there is no excuse.. And again the innocent victims sometimes get lost in the scramble to ‘help’ the perpetrator..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes it’s extremely complex..as on many occasions people can only be identified if they seek help.. I understand exactly what you mean..But there needs to be accountability for what they do..especially if the crime is a heinous one..sometimes there is no excuse.. And again the innocent victims sometimes get lost in the scramble to ‘help’ the perpetrator..
Not saying perpetrator shouldn't be punished. Saying that the rest of society needs to come together and create better understanding amongst ourselves. While yes waleed may be annoying but an aspect of talking about Muslims after incidents such as these is to keep the division at bay.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And just to be clear I'm talking about actions to prevent future incidents

Pointing fingers and accusations or saying your side is better just creates more division

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is, it's very hard to have people committed against the will (often) until something like this happens.

Committal is normally only done when the person is deemed a danger to themselves or to society. (Speaking from experience here).

I was lucky to escape committal by agreeing to deal with my issues.

I do know of a guy though whose wife was schizophrenic. She was committed against her will as she was bat shit crazy. One day she escaped the psych ward, came back to her home and threatened to gut her kid with a knife to "cleanse them of the devils impurities". Ended up with cops and hospital staff there, and she was taken down less lethal and returns to hospital.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is, it's very hard to have people committed against the will (often) until something like this happens.

Committal is normally only done when the person is deemed a danger to themselves or to society. (Speaking from experience here).

I was lucky to escape committal by agreeing to deal with my issues.

I do know of a guy though whose wife was schizophrenic. She was committed against her will as she was bat shit crazy. One day she escaped the psych ward, came back to her home and threatened to gut her kid with a knife to "cleanse them of the devils impurities". Ended up with cops and hospital staff there, and she was taken down less lethal and returns to hospital.
The weird thing with schizophrenia is that it has a reputation of being crazy people wanting to kill everyone. In reality most schizophrenics (at least 98%) are non-violent. They're actually the opposite of violent. They're so socially afraid that they just won't interact with anyone and if attacked they'll generally not fight back out of fear of looking worse.

But all it takes is one violent schizophrenic. It's like gun ownership. Sure 99% of gun owners aren't a problem but all it takes is one crazy gun owner and you have 30 dead people.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And just to be clear I'm talking about actions to prevent future incidents

Pointing fingers and accusations or saying your side is better just creates more division
Yes, just like SSM did.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
see even the well informed / unbiased guy like you doesn't remember the first person to carry out the "terrorist" act by running over people using a motor vehicle in Melbourne, not even 12 months ago.

only if he said "Allahu Akbar" or he was remotely related to islam. lol
Honestly, don't choose to remember names of evil fucks.

But how can I forget what that **** rash did.

We know Islam is the latest "boogeyman", I don't fall for it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, just like SSM did.
I'm talking about innocents tank. There's plenty of Christians who supported SSM and said live and let and live. It wouldn't be fair to tarnish them with the same brush as Abbott, Lyle Shelton etc

But as far as pointing the finger at actual perpetrators by all means we should. They need to be pointed out and opposed.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not saying perpetrator shouldn't be punished. Saying that the rest of society needs to come together and create better understanding amongst ourselves. While yes waleed may be annoying but an aspect of talking about Muslims after incidents such as these is to keep the division at bay.
Yep..it’s better to make a clear stance straight away.. hesitation or delay only causes others to speculate and make false assumptions.. As a result of not being upfront in the past it leads to unwarranted accusations in the future..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm talking about innocents tank. There's plenty of Christians who supported SSM and said live and let and live. It wouldn't be fair to tarnish them with the same brush as Abbott, Lyle Shelton etc

But as far as pointing the finger at actual perpetrators by all means we should. They need to be pointed out and opposed.
My bad bro, I missed that part.

As you know, I'm with you. Name, shame then annihilate. Not to up set My bro Realist, but we need to bring back their Spanish Inquisition for evil *****.

I even made it clear that I'm not bringing his race, creed or whatever into my conversation. He is evil so I'm talking about about evil. It's TankTalk ;)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with captain Jackson. There should be public discussion and discourse about Islam because there is clearly issues there.

However, for the same politically correct reasons as with SSM, it won’t happen. It’s become too politically incorrect to even mention the word Islam, unless you’re ethnic....and on an ABC show...where the theme of the show is how great diversity is and how evil white man are.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with captain Jackson. There should be public discussion and discourse about Islam because there is clearly issues there.

However, for the same politically correct reasons as with SSM, it won’t happen. It’s become too politically incorrect to even mention the word Islam, unless you’re ethnic....and on an ABC show...where the theme of the show is how great diversity is and how evil white man are.
That's not what I said at all.

My post was in reference into not tarnishing innocents. The Quran has a lot of inappropriate verses, verses that have no place in the modern world but so does the bible, they're more numerous in the bible.

So given that there are many people, From all religions, who ignore those inappropriate verses and take only the good verses to live their lives, we can, to a degree, discount religious content as the primary reason for these attacks.

It goes beyond religious texts. It goes into people feeling alienated, people feeling targetted, people having no purpose in life, people having mental health issues, people being brought up in the wrong environments, etc etc

It's a much more complex issue and by targeting just religion alone you're alienating people and building the base of a breeding ground for people to commit terrorist actions. So I'm saying that people who promote this division should be held accountable for their part in these actions.

So your comment Britt, I see as part of the problem, you're adding to it.

This isn't to say Islam doesn't have it's problems, it does and it's no different to any other religion. Criticism of any religion has been done to death and is readily available on the internet. The problem arises when you point the finger at innocents, who pick and choose a more tolerant version of their religion, and alienate them

As an example maybe we might get a better reaction if western governments sold the war on Isis as a means of protecting Christians and Muslims in that area. More media of Muslims being protected in those lands.

That is what they're doing but they just need to promote it more

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

My post was in reference into not tarnishing innocents. The Quran has a lot of inappropriate verses, verses that have no place in the modern world but so does the bible, they're more numerous in the bible.

So given that there are many people, From all religions, who ignore those inappropriate verses and take only the good verses to live their lives, we can, to a degree, discount religious content as the primary reason for these attacks.

It goes beyond religious texts. It goes into people feeling alienated, people feeling targetted, people having no purpose in life, people having mental health issues, people being brought up in the wrong environments, etc etc

It's a much more complex issue and by targeting just religion alone you're alienating people and building the base of a breeding ground for people to commit terrorist actions. So I'm saying that people who promote this division should be held accountable for their part in these actions.

This isn't to say Islam doesn't have it's problems, it does and it's no different to any other religion. Criticism of any religion has been done to death and is readily available on the internet. The problem arises when you point the finger at innocents, who pick and choose a more tolerant version of their religion, and alienate them

As an example maybe we might get a better reaction if western governments sold the war on Isis as a means of protecting Christians and Muslims in that area. More media of Muslims being protected in those lands.

You just did what you hate. Your ex-faith is more appropriate? The one that wants you dead because you turned your back on?

Don't start bro. You could of left all books have content "inappropriate" for these times. Everything man touches is corrupt or corruptable. Yes even religions and science.

PS what you and most people think is yes the old testament is outdated, but us Christians don't follow the old testament, which is basically the Torah.

We follow Christ and the New Testament. The most the OT is for us is a reference.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Yep Cap..but Islamic leaders need to be at the fore front of this..and be the ones taking charge.. It’s obvious to you and me..and anyone with half-a-brain these people who commit these attacks do not represent the true essence of Islam..but to rednecks thinking it’s not so clear..they believe all Muslims are like these fools.. So it’s these closed minds that need education..and it’s the leaders of Islam who are the ones best to do it..

And who knows..with clear guidance and instructions it may just stop some of these crazies to realise they are not following Islam how it is meant to be followed..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep Cap..but Islamic leaders need to be at the fore front of this..and be the ones taking charge.. It’s obvious to you and me..and anyone with half-a-brain these people who commit these attacks do not represent the true essence of Islam..but to rednecks thinking it’s not so clear..they believe all Muslims are like these fools.. So it’s these closed minds that need education..and it’s the leaders of Islam who are the ones best to do it..

And who knows..with clear guidance and instructions it may just stop some of these crazies to realise they are not following Islam how it is meant to be followed..
To show fairness and impartiality, the Catholic Church needs to do the same with pedos. Name and shame them and boot them out. Real Christians say the same as I do.

Told You, everything man made is corrupt.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
didn't see any one debating Christianity in the 70s when IRA were blowing shit up in Europe and the same afghans, Iraqis and Syrians were much more peaceful.

why not debate the point why there are so many refugees on our shores in the first place, now when there were none 40 years ago.

watch out for the next wave of Yemeni refugees, thanks to uncle Sam/ Saudi America led war in yemen,

why not discuss the common factor , the elephant in the room, in all this who have been bombing the shit out of the middle east for few decades now.

you don't want refugees , don't bomb them or stop the people/countries who are making these refugees in the first place.

lets debate.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To show fairness and impartiality, the Catholic Church needs to do the same with pedos. Name and shame them and boot them out. Real Christians say the same as I do.

Told You, everything man made is corrupt.
Yep pro-active..it sends a clear message..and most importantly it clearly states what the Church or others like..stance is..

Ps..I’m with you..there lies the problem with Pedophilia and the Church..the continual cover up of vile creatures because of some outdated ‘rule’ that needs to be updated for the modern world..How about the victim receiving some solace and cleansing.. Just wicked..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
didn't see any one debating Christianity in the 70s when IRA were blowing shit up in Europe and the same afghans, Iraqis and Syrians were much more peaceful.

why not debate the point why there are so many refugees on our shores in the first place, now when there were none 40 years ago.

watch out for the next wave of Yemeni refugees, thanks to uncle Sam/ Saudi America led war in yemen,

why not discuss the common factor , the elephant in the room, in all this who have been bombing the shit out of the middle east for few decades now.

you don't want refugees , don't bomb them or stop the people/countries who are making these refugees in the first place.

lets debate.
Hey you got no debate with me..hidden agendas cause all the problems in the world .. I still stand by the comment..No oil..no Israel..no problems in the Middle East..

Status
Not open for further replies.