Freak accident - Man dies in ink vat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The guy who jumped in to help should be given a huge shout out. What a brave thing to do.

It's rare to find people who actually put themselves in danger to help others. Most people would have just looked on and then hash tagged shit.
I've been learning recently about the fight or flight response in the human brain. Remarkable thing and that's what would kick in not just for the person in trouble, but those around him.

That's why everyone would be jumping in to help.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been learning recently about the fight or flight response in the human brain. Remarkable thing and that's what would kick in not just for the person in trouble, but those around him.

That's why everyone would be jumping in to help.
Not everyone. They teach you about it in Psychology. The fight or flight response kicks to the body first so your body is ready to run or fight, but people won't necessarily respond hero style. Quite often fear will overcome the response to help and the person will freeze. That moment of being frozen gives the brain enough time to comprehend the situation. It's that moment when it comes down to bravery. The person will either overcome the fear and help, submit to the fear and run away, or in extreme cases of fear they'll just remain frozen completely unable to help.

But generally the person who jumps straight in doesn't do it out of bravery. More often it's an automatic reaction.

It's also possible that the person did think about it though. Generally a workman would have reached for the shutdown button then jumped in which is enough time to think about it. Unfortunately by that stage shutting down the blade wouldn't help 'cause the guy was already pinned.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not everyone. They teach you about it in Psychology. The fight or flight response kicks to the body first so your body is ready to run or fight, but people won't necessarily respond hero style. Quite often fear will overcome the response to help and the person will freeze. That moment of being frozen gives the brain enough time to comprehend the situation. It's that moment when it comes down to bravery. The person will either overcome the fear and help, submit to the fear and run away, or in extreme cases of fear they'll just remain frozen completely unable to help.

But generally the person who jumps straight in doesn't do it out of bravery. More often it's an automatic reaction.

It's also possible that the person did think about it though. Generally a workman would have reached for the shutdown button then jumped in which is enough time to think about it. Unfortunately by that stage shutting down the blade wouldn't help 'cause the guy was already pinned.
I don't know if I would have ju

The guy was a hero there's no doubt about it.

When I talk about people being cowardly I don't mean I expect someone to risk their lives like that, I'm talking about helping out or trying to help out .. For example the racist videos that have been going viral make me sick in more ways than one.. The racism is disgusting but the onlookers are just as bad

Status
Not open for further replies.