Nick Tedeschi - Rumour Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Coaching Crosshairs: Des Hasler may have survived the board meeting last week but he will not be coaching Canterbury in 2018. Hasler will be sacked after November 1 as it supposedly halves his contract payout to $500,000. Believe nothing Ray Dib is saying in public. The Bulldogs board have moved against Hasler and have signed Trent Barrett. Manly will release Barrett because Bob Fulton no longer wants him there. Barrett wants out because he wants no more of Fulton’s influence. The board know that the Hasler situation is not tenable. They know they made a mistake not signing Cleary when they had the chance. The Barrett deal is as good as done and Hasler’s time at the Bulldogs will be over after Round 26.

Rumour Mill: Cooper Cronk is firming by the day to join the Bulldogs. Elijah Taylor seems set for a return to the Warriors. James Graham is reportedly working at getting out of Canterbury to join Newcastle in 2018. The rumour mill is hot that there is more to Jack Bird not playing on Friday against the Warriors than injury. Jacob Lillyman seems set to sign with the Roosters. Judging from the Instagram account of one former international, he has a serious issue with ice that needs addressing.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol how did it get to this?

Des will do better at manly. But I wonder if he will implement the bullshit he did here.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who knows what to believe anymore?

I wonder how many of the rumours in that article aren't completely made up...

I'll believe it when I see it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, I don't believe for a second we have already signed Barrett.

The only thing I think is correct in that whole article is that we should have signed Cleary.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Why the constant Barrett talk? I must admit that I watch bugger all footy these days and even less of Manly........does anyone rate him as a Coach?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why the constant Barrett talk? I must admit that I watch bugger all footy these days and even less of Manly........does anyone rate him as a Coach?
Depends when you read the comments on the Silvertails forum.
In the beginning, they wanted to hang him....then as they started to win and get in the top 4....they wanted to sign him for life.
After the last two poundings by the opposition....they now want him shot and thrown off North Head. :p

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Depends when you read the comments on the Silvertails forum.
In the beginning, they wanted to hang him....then as they started to win and get in the top 4....they wanted to sign him for life.
After the last two poundings by the opposition....they now want him shot and thrown off North Head. :p
hmmm ok, that's why I don't understand his name always being thrown up. Unproven and if you are doing that then why not Dean Pay, Dymock, Walker Bro's, Walters instead of another Manly piece of shite?

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan either but ANYTHING must be better than what we have atm.
I remember watching him on Sterlo and he was saying that he did clash heads with Fulton but at the same time he washed it down saying how Fulton has helped him as well......
Should be interesting to see if there is any truth to it.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Coaching Crosshairs: Des Hasler may have survived the board meeting last week but he will not be coaching Canterbury in 2018. Hasler will be sacked after November 1 as it supposedly halves his contract payout to $500,000. Believe nothing Ray Dib is saying in public. The Bulldogs board have moved against Hasler and have signed Trent Barrett. Manly will release Barrett because Bob Fulton no longer wants him there. Barrett wants out because he wants no more of Fulton’s influence. The board know that the Hasler situation is not tenable. They know they made a mistake not signing Cleary when they had the chance. The Barrett deal is as good as done and Hasler’s time at the Bulldogs will be over after Round 26.

Rumour Mill: Cooper Cronk is firming by the day to join the Bulldogs. Elijah Taylor seems set for a return to the Warriors. James Graham is reportedly working at getting out of Canterbury to join Newcastle in 2018. The rumour mill is hot that there is more to Jack Bird not playing on Friday against the Warriors than injury. Jacob Lillyman seems set to sign with the Roosters. Judging from the Instagram account of one former international, he has a serious issue with ice that needs addressing.
Man I hope this is true It'll make the last 3 years bareable Barrett or mickeymouse as coach couldn't give a stuff as long as it's not des and Barrett has flipped rosters quickly and successfully remember last year he had a horror injury run

Maybe we get tapau and lane back too

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember over the past few years think as assistant coach for Penrith and / or Country coach he kept getting mentioned in the media as a future top level coach. Not really followed much of him but seems to be doing well.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't really understand why we would say no to Cleary then say yes to Barrett.

But I can totally believe that Des will be gone by next season. I mean seriously, we can't endure more of his shit. I think Grahams time is up, happy to see him go to Newcastle and seems believable. As for Cooper Cronk, that seems quite far fetched but when you look at all of the other teams in Sydney, the Bulldogs is pretty much the only one that makes sense as a possibility.

I think for Coops it is retirement or us.

Status
Not open for further replies.