Board Meeting called for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If its a general board meeting then why does desmond have to front the board?
Who has stated that Des needed to front the board? or is it a meeting which Des would attend irrespective?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If its a general board meeting then why does desmond have to front the board?
He doesn't. The reports are that they're holding a board meeting. The rest is media speculation. The only statement released by the Bulldogs is that this is a regular board meeting with nothing out of the ordinary. That said, all sections of a media are saying that the Bulldogs are full of it and this meeting is all about Hasler's future. And it's not just the tabloid journalists. The ones saying it are the ones that have actual sources.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The media don't go nuts over scheduled meetings... Also it makes sense to sack him now. We can't make the finals, so now is a better time to put change in than what the Tigers did by waiting until the season started. Off season wasted.
The timing reminds me of when Moore got sacked...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raelene castle said haslers job not on the line at tonight's meeting and that it was planned 8 months ago for him to attend,seriously our club has lost the plot ,i dont know how low we need to sink for him to get the punt

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This meeting was apparently called around 6 months ago (Jan) for Des to do some presentaions on moving forward.

Just what I heard, so guessing nothin to see here?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I BELIEVE HE'S GONE !
Let us recall the events that led to his contract extension.
* The team's horrible performances that led to the fans OUTRAGE !
* The Great Steve Mortimer's announcement of the BULLDOGS LOST CULTURE !
* The Ray Dib declaration that Steve was wrong and pointed out that Steve KNOWS what we have agreed on. ((Steve acknowledged that)).
In my opinion the contract was done and waiting for the right time to be announced. (( After the win against Brisbane ))
* Let's dissect what Dib said to Mortimer,( Steve knows what we've agreed on) .
As the pressure was mounting to sack Hasler EXACTLY WHAT DID THEY AGREE ON ?
I am assuming
Being contracted on high $$$$$ for 2017 Hasler wasn't going nowhere.
In order to stabilize the club, the management and the board have extended Hasler's contract, a good move ONLY if there is an exit clause in the club's favor (( NO GOOD RESULTS NO CONTRACT )). Otherwise they should all resign !
My question is, Truly...DO THE PLAYERS WANT HASLER ?
Despite their continuous off field support THEIR ON FIELD PERFORMANCES POINTS THE OTHER WAY !
Or is it just HIS TACTICS ?
Bring Back The Dogs Of War !

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely anyone can see we are in a mess and somethings gotta give...

My prediction, Hasler agrees to leave end of year and is announced tomorrow, trying to save his career

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I BELIEVE HE'S GONE !
Let us recall the events that led to his contract extension.
* The team's horrible performances that led to the fans OUTRAGE !
* The Great Steve Mortimer's announcement of the BULLDOGS LOST CULTURE !
* The Ray Dib declaration that Steve was wrong and pointed out that Steve KNOWS what we have agreed on. ((Steve acknowledged that)).
In my opinion the contract was done and waiting for the right time to be announced. (( After the win against Brisbane ))
* Let's dissect what Dib said to Mortimer,( Steve knows what we've agreed on) .
As the pressure was mounting to sack Hasler EXACTLY WHAT DID THEY AGREE ON ?
I am assuming
Being contracted on high $$$$$ for 2017 Hasler wasn't going nowhere.
In order to stabilize the club, the management and the board have extended Hasler's contract, a good move ONLY if there is an exit clause in the club's favor (( NO GOOD RESULTS NO CONTRACT )). Otherwise they should all resign !
My question is, Truly...DO THE PLAYERS WANT HASLER ?
Despite their continuous off field support THEIR ON FIELD PERFORMANCES POINTS THE OTHER WAY !
Or is it just HIS TACTICS ?
Bring Back The Dogs Of War !

If you never heard a statement from the players and just watched the games any person that knows footy would tell you that a team with rep players that are playing like this do not want to play either this way and/or for this person. Interesting that the cheaper payout clause hasn't been mentioned at all until recently, did people in the know not know or kept it secret? Don't know why it would be a secret. I am hoping that on the board side of things that they signed Des up just so they could secure Foran, add the clause (If true) so they could boot him after the fact?

Reactions: DT

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paul Kent and rothfield both said the meeting wasn't allocated for tonight

Board members called for it to happen today
It wasn't scheduled at all

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul Kent and rothfield both said the meeting wasn't allocated for tonight

Board members called for it to happen today
It wasn't scheduled at all
Time will tell i guess, who really knows what's really going on , im not getting any hopes up des is gone.already had enough disappointment this year not going to torture myself with this one .
The club seems hell bent on not addressing the core of the problem as it is coming out with shit like gutsy effort when we get belted , so who fucking knows what shit they are going to be dribbling

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just tweeted by The Mole..

'Latest word is that Des will survive tonight's Bulldogs board meeting.'

Let's see if The Mole knows his stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.