Michael Lichaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanna ask on your opinions with Michael Lichaa.. I think he's a great player and has a lot of potential but the reason he looks shit half the time is because des. When watching him at Cronulla he was a beast, used to always kick from dummy half, run for dummy half and used to gameplay. I absolutely love him. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Nah Des said he doesn't shackle players last night and that Mick Ennis only said that because he's a paid commentator on a platform and he is paid for an opinion!

Last edited:

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree he has a lot of potential only problem is des wants him to get fitter so he makes him tackle and do simple stuff. But if given a new coach watch him perform like crazy

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
He can't pass. In 3yrs that hasn't improved. Admittedly his running game has gotten better, i just wish when he runs it doesn't look like an accident and he runs with purpose.
I've never seen a more stunned look on a players face when he scored that try on Monday! Poor bloke couldn't believe he'd scored himself and off a run roo!

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah Des said he doesn't shackle players last night and that Mick Ennis only said that because he's a paid commentator on a platform and he is paid for an opinion!
Des will say just about anything to keep the fans on his side at the moment. The pressure is on

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a absolute plodder he has the worst pass of any first grade hooker in the history of the NRL, no pace, no vision and no kicking game. Only thing he provides is tackling and even then they are rarely dominate tackles.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's just not very good and most of that has to fall on Lichaa and Mbye for not working on their game and improving.

Both players possibly would have flourished under better coaches but at the end of the day they're the ones that deserve almost all of the blame for being so shit and getting worse year after year.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has plenty of potential but his strengths do not fit into the Desi Gameplan. Des wants a tackling machine like Matt Ballin and all the tackling Lichha has done blunts his attack.

Under a different coach he could develop into a real weapon, but if he stays at the Dogs he will have wasted his career.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does Des tell him to not pass of the ground? Lichaa isn't the first hooker to be coached by Des and while the others haven't looked spectacular none of them have looked garbage other than Lichaa.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanna ask on your opinions with Mihael Lichaa.. I think he's a great player and has a lot of potential but the reason he looks shit half the time is because des. When watching him at Cronulla he was a beast, used to always kick from dummy half, run for dummy half and used to gameplay. I absolutely love him. What do you guys think?
Are we talking about the same Michael Lichaa? I'm sorry, but he lacks the most basic skill required from a hooker, efficient passing off the ground. It's been a failed 2 year experiment. Yes, he's had a couple of good games for us but in reality, he's just short of the mark.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never watched him at the Sharks did he pass off the ground there?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shithouse service no thanks but hes a plodder so des will re sign

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He seems like a likeable guy but he just isn't a very good player. His passing is is really slow and ordinary, which no matter what Des has done to hinder his play style, should be of a much higher standard.

He makes a good amount of tackles, but anyone can do that. Even if Des let him do whatever he wants, he doesn't seem to have the raw skill to be able to effectively play what is in front of him. I would honestly prefer we stick Mbye there than re-sign him.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When he signed I read that he was a running dummy half and quite quick. But he's got no speed whatsoever , has more of a darting running style.

I was more impressed watching woolford on the weekend against the cutters. Made a break from dummy half that set up a try in the second half plus his passing off the ground was impressive and hitting lewis who was quite deep at times.

Only problem is woolford is quite small in statue like his dad was but he didn't go missing in defence put a good hit on luciano leilua. But then again NRL is a different level and he would struggle at the moment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I never watched him at the Sharks did he pass off the ground there?
Not really. He was more agile and sorta used to draw the markers and use short passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.