Kevin Moore as CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but Payne has proper business qualifications and I don't think Dunn has any. Payne does however lack experience in the position however.
I think you'll find that Paul Dunn did have the CEO job for South Sydney when they came back in. He knows more than Rae Rae for sure.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but Payne has proper business qualifications and I don't think Dunn has any. Payne does however lack experience in the position however.
Dunn does have some form of business degree & maybe MBA as well. Not 100% sure about the post grad.
He was CEO @ souths for a while.
But deputy chair at the Dogs for a long time.

I mean I think the club should go to the market and hire the best candidate.

Not Corey Payne is what I was saying.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And he is a qualified accountant....
He is?

Looking at his linked in profile, he has done a financial planning course and seems to be running a marketing company of some sort these days.

https://au.linkedin.com/in/pauldunn63

Edit: Having said that, of all the names bandied about lately, I think he would be a preferred person, but the CEO is a fulltime job (as opposed to just being on the board), and so would he wiling to do that?

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To me it depends how the board sees the CEO role. If it is someone that can run a $30m corporation, then business acumen would be the priority (in sports administration would be desirable).

If you want a figurehead as someone suggested in this thread, you can the own in a club legend.

If you can find someone who can straddle both, well, great. But I wouldn't rule someone out because they have no connection with the Club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can put a line through Dunn he went up against Dib on a rival ticket to the board in 2008. They don't get along at all. It will be a Dib yes man that gets the gig.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Moore has no ceo experience. Didnt strike me as an administrator, even though he has the bloodline. Mortimer is the only ex dogs player with ceo experience. Hes has quit positions like ceo before here, but always had a job at the club, just different roles. He falls on his sword a lot but its not been fatal so far.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bring Kevin Moore back! Give him a chance to bring back the glory days of his father! We gave Rae who was an outsider a chance, why not someone who was part of the fabric when his dad was running the show - During Bullfrog's time at Canterbury, we won five premierships, runners-up four times, Dogs made the finals 20 of 26 years he was there! I'm willing to give him a chance just on his father's stats!
Appoint Kevin Moore as CEO on one condition - his father's soul inhabits Kevin's body until the job's done!

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hard to imagine Moore being put in place as a CEO when he has no experience, especially when he'd be overseeing the coach who replaced him.
I agree. We don't want to stack the club with past footy players making key operations decisions. ( look at Parra over the last 10 years) These days the role requires someone with business administration experience. By all means bring Moore in as a support and a voice for club culture.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 1 hundred per cent, but try telling that to ray dib,&his bum chum coorey,they won't have a bar of it,that's y next board elections we have to try to get these guys of d board,they only interested in self promotion,not d club

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you'll find that Paul Dunn did have the CEO job for South Sydney when they came back in. He knows more than Rae Rae for sure.
Ok didn't know. All I know anybody with a rugby league background is better than Rae Rae

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Did someone suggest Paul Dunn as CEO? Seriously? Last time he was on the board he and Dib had such a bad relationship that they watched the games in different areas. Dunn and Andrew Farah had a massive feud with Dib that saw them leave the club.
Dib convinced Mortimer to run against Dunn at the board elections which is when Mortimer became a director. As he does Dib used Mortimer for his own gain then chewed him up and spat him out when it suited him.

Don't expect anyone special to be appointed CEO this time around. All the board want is a puppet they can control.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Bring Kevin Moore back! Give him a chance to bring back the glory days of his father! We gave Rae who was an outsider a chance, why not someone who was part of the fabric when his dad was running the show - During Bullfrog's time at Canterbury, we won five premierships, runners-up four times, Dogs made the finals 20 of 26 years he was there! I'm willing to give him a chance just on his father's stats!
FMD are you serious? If my dad is a surgeon can I just jump on in and start cutting people open?

N

Natboy

Steve Mortimer back as CEO?

Or what about Geoff Toovey?? or Barry Ward ??
I know you don't like Turvey!
He doesn't have the experience but would still do a lot better job that Raelene and Noad did.

I hope we get someone decent and it's not just scum Dib making the call

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Did someone suggest Paul Dunn as CEO? Seriously? Last time he was on the board he and Dib had such a bad relationship that they watched the games in different areas. Dunn and Andrew Farah had a massive feud with Dib that saw them leave the club.
Dib convinced Mortimer to run against Dunn at the board elections which is when Mortimer became a director. As he does Dib used Mortimer for his own gain then chewed him up and spat him out when it suited him.

Don't expect anyone special to be appointed CEO this time around. All the board want is a puppet they can control.
Problem is Dib hasn't gone great has he??

Question is would the club have gone better had Dunn won the vote and become the Chairman with his ticket. In my opinion YES.

Dib has done a lot in Rugby League and as far as I know the financial position of the club remains strong. However the on field performance of the team and the feel of the club, there's something off! He's the boss not Castle or Des, Dib is the man responsible and in the end the members voted him in.

There is no doubt Dib will appoint his lickspittle / yes man to the CEO role. That's why I suggested Dunn, because this club needs a change at the very top in my opinion and it can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.