For some reason I have a bad feeling about Foran signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I have to say the club should be answering a number of questions about the signing of Foran (if it's true we signed him).

As I understand it, there are a number of serious allegations about him that are still being investigated in relation to a number of past (alleged) indiscretions.

He also walked out on Parra to resolve personal problems, only to somehow sign with the Warriors a few months later.

Why did he walk out on the eels and sign with the Warriors?

Why (if it's true he signed with us), did he leave the Eels for only a single year with the Warriors, only to come back and play with us in 2018?

Why didn't he go back to the Eels once he resolved his personal problems?

It's also concerning to hear that his phone is frequently confiscated and checked when he travels through Sydney airport by the authorities.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If fit the below spine would be the best in the comp. Mark my fkn words

1. Morris
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
9. Mbye

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
For a club that supposedly places 'the family values and character' of players at a very high level, I have to admit (based on past stories of Foran), I find the club's recruitment claims very confusing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have to say the club should be answering a number of questions about the signing of Foran (if it's true we signed him).

As I understand it, there are a number of serious allegations about him that are still being investigated in relation to a number of past (alleged) indiscretions.

He also walked out on Parra to resolve personal problems, only to somehow sign with the Warriors a few months later.

Why (if it's true he signed with us), did he leave the Eels for only a single year with the Warriors, only to come back and play with us in 2018?

It's also concerning to hear that his phone is frequently confiscated and checked when he travels through Sydney airport by the authorities.
This frequently taking his phone is bs. Was twice in about 20 trips. Would say eels bridge is burnt and I'd say he wanted out considering they were cheating the cap and if you recall he had a clause originally that he could terminate the deal if the board or club was brought into turmoil then the board made it get removed cause he would still be paid. The club cheating and the shit with rushing him back to play when he wasn't healed and was prepped for an op in wrong shit would be enough to want out, plus all the shit off field with the x misses and kids.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This frequently taking his phone is bs. Was twice in about 20 trips. Would say eels bridge is burnt and I'd say he wanted out considering they were cheating the cap and if you recall he had a clause originally that he could terminate the deal if the board or club was brought into turmoil then the board made it get removed cause he would still be paid. The club cheating and the shit with rushing him back to play when he wasn't healed and was prepped for an op in wrong shit would be enough to want out, plus all the shit off field with the x misses and kids.
Not sure about you, but I've never had AFP or airport officials approach me and confiscate my mobile phone and sift through it in search of something.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given his track record at eels and now warriors and his past , Now i am having second thoughts.

We would have to get rid of Frawley and Reynolds to accommodate Foran and one or two years down the track he stuffs up again or jumps ship mid way through the contract (as it has happened to us a number of times ala Barba, Hannant etc) we will not only lose him but in the process we had already gotten rid of Reynolds and a promising talent in Frawley.

We are putting all eggs in one basket here and I have a bad feeling about this.
Foran won't sign for more than 2 years...that's how long Hasler is signed for

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess the next couple months will determine if Reynolds or Frawley will partner Foran in the halves.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gut feeling is he has turned a corner now and wants a fresh start. Being back in Sydney and getting co-custody (or whatever they call it) with his children seems to be important to him. Apparently been training well at the Warriors. I think the Dogs being a family club will be good for him as will being back under Des.

I think he just went off the rails with depression. Can happen to anyone. Seems a much more sensible bloke than many other players that have had repeat off field dramas.
While I agree with you on his family life, like most I want him and his family to be happy so for that we can only support them as loyal fans of 'the family club'. I think his a great football player but I have reservations in signing a player who is STILL under investigation for betting and match fixing. I'm not saying he's guilty of the act but what if he is found guilty, then how badly does it effect the club, team and fans? We inherit the problem. Let's hope he is cleared of any wrong doing and he can be an asset to the Dogs.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler has been trying to get Foran since 2012, he also wanted to bring Brett Stewart. Everyone from Manly that Des has brought over has been a dud, we can only hope Foran isn't the same.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Given his track record at eels and now warriors and his past , Now i am having second thoughts.

We would have to get rid of Frawley and Reynolds to accommodate Foran and one or two years down the track he stuffs up again or jumps ship mid way through the contract (as it has happened to us a number of times ala Barba, Hannant etc) we will not only lose him but in the process we had already gotten rid of Reynolds and a promising talent in Frawley.

We are putting all eggs in one basket here and I have a bad feeling about this.
I disagree
I think Foran will be awesome for us

I really preferred we get teddy for full back with Reynolds in halves with Frawley and mbye as hooker

But we got Foran and not teddy

That leaves us with no full back

I still want mbye at hooker
And Frawley and Foran as halves

Reynolds has to go unfortunately unless he accepts a low salary and utility roll.

But we still need a fullback

Unless abbey can somehow improve 10 fold

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
o please... he would have gone to Melbourne / Bellamy if his family was in Melbourne.

he has already rejected Des twice. lol
No
The club rejected Foran once
The first time parra cheated the cap and out bid us my a massive amount

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Because brad Arthur was a dumb shit and tried to force him back to training when the doctors had put the poor bastard in the wrong arm sling after surgery which re injured his shoulder which

Arthur thought Foran being uncommitted didn't believe that he couldt train and drive to training because of pain meds so he pretty much sacked him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take a panadol and have a lie down champ

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its ok guys! The latest article from the warriors CEO says that he hasn't signed anyway and was advised by dogs reps last night to ignore todays articles, Foran is still making a decision.

So you will all be happy to know that at this point we've only locked up Woods.

Glad to clear that up!

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your kidding if you think he has not signed

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.