Round 6 - Dogs vs Knights - Team List and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But hasn't he had some sort of concussion problem for the past few weeks? It may be they are just resting him to let him get back up to speed. Alternatively if he runs out in the reggies on the weekend then clearly Des isn't happy with some aspect of his game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our forward packs performance and frawley kicking game went hand in hand. They assisted each other.
Nonsense!! Anyone knows your halfback cant do shit when his forwards dont dominate. Your kidding yourself. 5 forwards ran for more then 150m and it was the most metres gained in a match by any team this year. Im not denying he had a good game, but claiming that he is the reason we won is a little neive!! If th forwards didnt dominate he would not have forced a single line drop out.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But hasn't he had some sort of concussion problem for the past few weeks? It may be they are just resting him to let him get back up to speed. Alternatively if he runs out in the reggies on the weekend then clearly Des isn't happy with some aspect of his game.
Dude he have him 2 mins last week and the week before he put him in well into the 2nd half and instantly RFM looked our most dangerous forward

Des is a moron

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can the dogs put two good performances back to back?* when was the last time that happened?

* - even though last week was technically one good half. But I'll let it count.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nonsense!! Anyone knows your halfback cant do shit when his forwards dont dominate. Your kidding yourself. 5 forwards ran for more then 150m and it was the most metres gained in a match by any team this year. Im not denying he had a good game, but claiming that he is the reason we won is a little neive!! If th forwards didnt dominate he would not have forced a single line drop out.
Who said anything about JUST dropouts?

He found the grass on his other kicks to, which slows down their return and makes it easier for our forwards and more difficult for theirs.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't understand him..if Frawley plays you start him ffs. It just shows how little importance Des puts in his halves..no other coach in the game would consider rotating his halves during the game.
Short term memory loss? Or did you not watch the broncos roosters game???? None other then supercoach wayne bennet did exactly this with Nikorima a known half on the bench. Thank god he did after hunt limped off!!!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I see some names here that where busy posting how Des was stupid for dropping Frawely a few days ago, turns out he didn't, so now he is stupid for putting the guy on the bench because we are wasting a bench spot? (never mind there are also complaints most weeks that we don't use our whole bench or subs so this really shouldn't matter).

Remember when Folkes said some fans on this site where "niff-nuffs"? ..........

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Short term memory loss? Or did you not watch the broncos roosters game???? None other then supercoach wayne bennet did exactly this with Nikorima a known half on the bench. Thank god he did after hunt limped off!!!
That's totally different. Nikorima was never intended to play in the halves like Des intends to play Frawley.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole point of a half is to control the game. And especially with Frawley his kicking is what his game is based off.

It will be very hard for someone to come on after 20, 30, 40, 50 mins what ever (assuming he gets game time) and come on and play like him. He isn't an impact player, he isn't a barba who could come on and make things happen. He isn't a Reynolds who is a unpredictable player. He is a solid kick/pass half.

The jury is still out on him. I haven't seen enough to proclaim him as our saviour just yet. 80 mins doesn't make a career. But he was impressive last week and he should be credited with the win (maybye did nothing for the win last week).

I would have started him with maybye on the bench and if things aren't going our way inject Moses. If we get on a roll des won't change the halves in a team that's firing. If we are behind would he have the confidence to throw him in? If Frawley comes on when we are behind and he doesn't win the game does he get crucified? Lots of questions.

In all honesty looking forward to the game tonight. And as long as our forwards turn up even having jizza Nguyen in the halves should get us a win. So either way excited for kick off and hopefully we can get on a roll and Hasler has made the right calls (to justify his pay packet).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't follow sorry
What's rfm done wrong and why does he need to harden up

I'd have him over fualolo and drop nuts elliot
I dont think he has done anything wrong, but at the end of the day if everyone wants frawley in the team then someo e has to be dropped. Des made the choice to drop RFM. Maybe he has a blinder in reserves and starts next week. Who knows.
In regards to hardenning the fuck up, i suggested that if RFM feels like he is being treated like shit, as you have suggested that he is, then hypothetically he should harden the fuck up. I very much doubt he feels this way though.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see some names here that where busy posting how Des was stupid for dropping Frawely a few days ago, turns out he didn't, so now he is stupid for putting the guy on the bench because we are wasting a bench spot? (never mind there are also complaints most weeks that we don't use our whole bench or subs so this really shouldn't matter).

Remember when Folkes said some fans on this site where "niff-nuffs"? ..........
Haha exatly this!!!! You cant have everything you want. Unless your a single child with rich parents. Get my drift? Lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole point of a half is to control the game. And especially with Frawley his kicking is what his game is based off.

It will be very hard for someone to come on after 20, 30, 40, 50 mins what ever (assuming he gets game time) and come on and play like him. He isn't an impact player, he isn't a barba who could come on and make things happen. He isn't a Reynolds who is a unpredictable player. He is a solid kick/pass half.

The jury is still out on him. I haven't seen enough to proclaim him as our saviour just yet. 80 mins doesn't make a career. But he was impressive last week and he should be credited with the win (maybye did nothing for the win last week).

I would have started him with maybye on the bench and if things aren't going our way inject Moses. If we get on a roll des won't change the halves in a team that's firing. If we are behind would he have the confidence to throw him in? If Frawley comes on when we are behind and he doesn't win the game does he get crucified? Lots of questions.

In all honesty looking forward to the game tonight. And as long as our forwards turn up even having jizza Nguyen in the halves should get us a win. So either way excited for kick off and hopefully we can get on a roll and Hasler has made the right calls (to justify his pay packet).
You make some good points. I guess we will just have to wait and see. In any case people should be happy that they got what they wanted, frawley is in the team.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is the 2017 loud parrot :p

Des always needs someone like that to screw around with :p

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That bloke from TAB looks like Tolmans twin brother

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ