Des officially re-signed to 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
only way i can see this turning around is getting some new cattle in next season
not sure how Des can actually improve the current squad? im all out of ideas (specially when he names mbye at 7 later today and frawley back in reggies)
I agree, he will name Mbye at 7, but surely Mbye is on notice! It'll be interesting what happens in the next few weeks, especially if we lose to the knights!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
enjoy the ever declining position on the ladder since 2012!
Maybe now we have a confirmed coach we can start signing players.

People need to stop complaining... what's done is done. You can't change it, I can't change it, so lets just move on and actually get behind the team and club.

Either support what we've got, or take out a Roosters / Souths membership and join the chorusline of whinging fans.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

People need to stop complaining... what's done is done. You can't change it, I can't change it, so lets just move on and actually get behind the team and club.

Either support what we've got, or take out a Roosters / Souths membership and join the chorusline of whinging fans.
So that means we will not hear a beep out of you when it comes to Raelene Castle?

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If i was a loser and had zero knowledge of the game id be rite behind u. So in this case i say get stuffed and don't tell passionate supporters who to support and how.

This club has become a joke and so are u my friend. I will not support hasler irrespective.

Absolutely filthy at this outcome and hope everyone that is involved with this re-signing is held accountable.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

If I have a blood Des-ease, unfortunately I cant go and replace my blood group type or replace the entire blood in my body but I can assure I will do my best and every thing in power to get rid of the Des-ease.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran is a mercenary aka SBW. He will go to the highest bidder. NRL 360 last night spoke of how Foran wanted out of the Sydney media spotlight (hence Warriors), wanted to get away, not chase the big bucks but play for "unders" for a season...get back to enjoying his footy again...then look to MAXIMIMIZE his value. After his last weekends performance, the teams are lining up.....St George, Broncos, Titans, Bulldogs, Roosters, Warriors will all be interested. He will go to the highest bidder.

With all the talk surrounding the uncertainty of the salary cap for the next few years, any club could make him an offer too good to refuse eg. $1.5m pa for 3 years...all depends how "courageous" a front office wants to be. Broncos losing Ben Hunt and being able to offer much better 3rd parties than any Sydney team have to be favourite for Forans signature.

I also dont see the rush to resign Hasler. Who else out there wanted him. I thought at end of last season when Turvey fell on his sword, the whisper was that the Board would wait till mid season.

Who gives a fuck about us fans? Obviously not the Board or CEO. We are an annoying distraction. The majority wanted Haslers head. Membership renewals have been awful, the crowd at the Broncos game abyssmal ......the pressure on the Board will now intensify leading into next years elections if Hasler does not again deliver a top 8 outcome this season. Im sure most of us concede we are not a top 8 team this year...so to get us in the top 8 this year would be a good result for Hasler. Then the Board and the CEO can again say Hasler has had another successful season. Yep.....the DNA of the Bulldogs has been smashed with the acceptance of mediocrity....2 more years of this to our beloved Club and who knows WHAT we will stand for, believe in, look like. RIP CBRLFC
Dude, you are a tool, judged on their performance over the past 10 years Bellamy is #1 and Des Hasler is the #2 Coach!!! and I am stoked to have him as our coach to at least the end of 2019 and hopefully beyond. Onya Dessie!! :-)

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Foran is a mercenary aka SBW. He will go to the highest bidder. NRL 360 last night spoke of how Foran wanted out of the Sydney media spotlight (hence Warriors), wanted to get away, not chase the big bucks but play for "unders" for a season...get back to enjoying his footy again...then look to MAXIMIMIZE his value. After his last weekends performance, the teams are lining up.....St George, Broncos, Titans, Bulldogs, Roosters, Warriors will all be interested. He will go to the highest bidder.

With all the talk surrounding the uncertainty of the salary cap for the next few years, any club could make him an offer too good to refuse eg. $1.5m pa for 3 years...all depends how "courageous" a front office wants to be. Broncos losing Ben Hunt and being able to offer much better 3rd parties than any Sydney team have to be favourite for Forans signature.

I also dont see the rush to resign Hasler. Who else out there wanted him. I thought at end of last season when Turvey fell on his sword, the whisper was that the Board would wait till mid season.

Who gives a fuck about us fans? Obviously not the Board or CEO. We are an annoying distraction. The majority wanted Haslers head. Membership renewals have been awful, the crowd at the Broncos game abyssmal ......the pressure on the Board will now intensify leading into next years elections if Hasler does not again deliver a top 8 outcome this season. Im sure most of us concede we are not a top 8 team this year...so to get us in the top 8 this year would be a good result for Hasler. Then the Board and the CEO can again say Hasler has had another successful season. Yep.....the DNA of the Bulldogs has been smashed with the acceptance of mediocrity....2 more years of this to our beloved Club and who knows WHAT we will stand for, believe in, look like. RIP CBRLFC

Dude, you are a tool, judged on their performance over the past 10 years Bellamy is #1 and Des Hasler is the #2 Coach!!! and I am stoked to have him as our coach to at least the end of 2019 and hopefully beyond. Onya Dessie!!
My apologies, I responded to the wrong post...me bad!! :-)

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pan down and you'll see we're actually jumping into a river to swim across in search of greener pastures! :p
I'll just leave this here for those that are searching for greener pastures, bluer skies, prettier chicks and other Bandwagons to jump on too. Sad to see you go ......But :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here for those that are searching for greener pastures, bluer skies, prettier chicks and other Bandwagons to jump on too. Sad to see you go ......But :grinning:

Err jokes aside, we're not going anywhere mate. Just like the stupid, self defeating footy team we follow.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure about Maguire.
Green & Flanagan are above Hasler for sure.
How are either of those above Hasler, or Maguire and Robinson for that matter? None of them have anything like Des' record as a coach across two different clubs. Much as I don't have a great opinion of Bennett he has delivered in multiple clubs now and Bellamy although in only one club and principally with 3 players has had longevity, but the other 4, come back in 10 years and we can talk. Look what happened to both Robinson and Maguire when they had a couple of "stars" go missing. They aren't in the same league as Des, Benny and Bellyache. I can't see either the Cows or Sharks making the 4 and wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the 8.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
lol

All 3 have premierships with there current clubs.

Des has squat at the dogs.

Time to stop blowing on those tissues...
No what they had was Thurston, Burgess & Maloney. That's what got them a premiership. We have good players across the park but not game breakers of that calibre. If we had any one of them over the past 5 years we would've won the comp. In fact most teams would have given the way they individually played in the seasons where they won.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If i was a loser and had zero knowledge of the game id be rite behind u. So in this case i say get stuffed and don't tell passionate supporters who to support and how.

This club has become a joke and so are u my friend. I will not support hasler irrespective.

Absolutely filthy at this outcome and hope everyone that is involved with this re-signing is held accountable.
Going to be a looooong 2 years for you

Unlucky

Reaction score
No what they had was Thurston, Burgess & Maloney. That's what got them a premiership. We have good players across the park but not game breakers of that calibre. If we had any one of them over the past 5 years we would've won the comp. In fact most teams would have given the way they individually played in the seasons where they won.
you mean like how we won the comp in 2012, lol

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much as I don't have a great opinion of Bennett he has delivered in multiple clubs now and Bellamy although in only one club and principally with 3 players has had longevity, but the other 4, come back in 10 years and we can talk.
Is that counting Bennetts time at Newcastle?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They make most of their money from sponsorships, the nrl and pokies. So i dont see them caring a whole lot. I get what u are trying to do and why, just dont think it will make any difference
Totally understand that, but when crowds are down, merchandise is down it does put pressure on the Dogs hierarchy as that can affect sponsorship as well, if companies think our brand isnt as strong as it is.

I just want my old Dogs team back, when even when we were 10-16 down with 10mins to go, i still thought we could win.. we had that spirit and tenacity.. its not there anymore

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What an idiot!

Says the wanker who has had Haslers cock in his mouth for the last 5.5yrs... and will still be sucking it for the next 2.5yrs..

Status
Not open for further replies.