Paul Gallen - King of Irony!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cronulla captain Paul Gallen has called on the NRL to implement two-year bans for players caught using illicit substances in the wake of the Tim Simona and Ben Barba controversy

The 35-year-old said the two latest incidents could have been avoided if stricter penalties were in place.

"If they want to really deter it, make it illegal (under NRL rules)," Sharks captain Gallen told Sky Sports Radio.

"It's illegal in general society. We've got this softly-softly approach ... just make it illegal all the time.

"It's a pretty simple fix. I think it will deter people a whole lot more from taking the risk of taking it over the weekend.

"You're going to get tested on Monday and cop a two-year ban. I think that's a pretty simple fix but for some reason, it's not."

Under the current rules, a second positive test results in a 12-match suspension.

Oh REALLY PAUL???

On 22 August 2014, Gallen was one of the Sharks players who pleaded guilty to having used banned peptides, and in exchange was given a reduced, backdated ban from ASADA and Sports Minister Peter Dutton for his part in the 2011 supplements scandal. Gallen received nearly $80,000 from the NRL to cover legal fees, however, in late October, Gallen sent an offensive tweet aimed at the NRL, complaining of a lack of support to him regards his confessed drug use. It was later deleted and replaced with a story which Gallen attempted to blame his father, which Gallen admitted lying about before taking responsibility.

Remind us all again how many games you sat out for being a drug cheat?? I recall it was 3.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Cronulla captain Paul Gallen has called on the NRL to implement two-year bans for players caught using illicit substances in the wake of the Tim Simona and Ben Barba controversy

The 35-year-old said the two latest incidents could have been avoided if stricter penalties were in place.

"If they want to really deter it, make it illegal (under NRL rules)," Sharks captain Gallen told Sky Sports Radio.

"It's illegal in general society. We've got this softly-softly approach ... just make it illegal all the time.

"It's a pretty simple fix. I think it will deter people a whole lot more from taking the risk of taking it over the weekend.

"You're going to get tested on Monday and cop a two-year ban. I think that's a pretty simple fix but for some reason, it's not."

Under the current rules, a second positive test results in a 12-match suspension.

Oh REALLY PAUL???

On 22 August 2014, Gallen was one of the Sharks players who pleaded guilty to having used banned peptides, and in exchange was given a reduced, backdated ban from ASADA and Sports Minister Peter Dutton for his part in the 2011 supplements scandal. Gallen received nearly $80,000 from the NRL to cover legal fees, however, in late October, Gallen sent an offensive tweet aimed at the NRL, complaining of a lack of support to him regards his confessed drug use. It was later deleted and replaced with a story which Gallen attempted to blame his father, which Gallen admitted lying about before taking responsibility.

Remind us all again how many games you sat out for being a drug cheat?? I recall it was 3.
If I recall correctly, Gallen always maintained his innocence, but took the ban because if he fought the charge and lost he would've been on the sidelines for up to 2 years, as opposed to the 3 matches.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kettle is black in the Shire first Flanno on Simona now Gal

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Oh REALLY PAUL???

What a dickhead

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a fucking hypocrite peptide Paul is. This is one of those occasions where her have been better off without commenting

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Gallen always maintained his innocence, but took the ban because if he fought the charge and lost he would've been on the sidelines for up to 2 years, as opposed to the 3 matches.
Gallen plead guilty and he maintained ignorance as opposed to innocence of injecting peptides with the rest of his juiced up team mates

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hypocrite peace of shit.. I still hate that the NRL continue using him as the face of the game and allow his head to be used for promotion. He is a convicted cheat who served a ridiculous sentence.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

This guy has a wonderful career as a comedian after footy.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gallen plead guilty and he maintained ignorance as opposed to innocence of injecting peptides with the rest of his juiced up team mates
Either hes flat out lying OR

Shows how full of himself he is to think he could play 80 minutes in SOO and be a non stop wrecking ball naturally

Hopefully there's no robbie farah this year aswell so I can finally want nsw to win

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Either hes flat out lying OR

Shows how full of himself he is to think he could play 80 minutes in SOO and be a non stop wrecking ball naturally

Hopefully there's no robbie farah this year aswell so I can finally want nsw to win
That year I remember Gallen running 200m in Origin and two days later run like 250m against us and I was thinking 2 things

1 wow
2 Rodney Howe

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That year I remember Gallen running 200m in Origin and two days later run like 250m against us and I was thinking 2 things

1 wow
2 Rodney Howe
Lol ffs seriously how full of himself is gallen.

He can get fucked

Even though I was happy for ennis I hated seeing them win last season

Fuck gallen barba and sharks fans

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest **** in the game.

Serial grub, racist druggy. Great example to be the "face" of the game.

Was hilarious seeing nsw host him on their shoulders and walk him around game 3 last year - like the **** ever achieved anything for them. Will go down as one of the biggest losers in nsw history.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1 wow
2 Rodney Howe
Of 100 people surveyed 100% picked the second answer...

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
He's in the Wayne Bennett category now which means that I don't give a shit what he thinks

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
**** thinks hes an authority on everything now he finally won a GF.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gallens brother got done for the roids way back in the day when magically big Gal put on 15kg of muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.