Des Hasler - Bulldogs premiership 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People who think we will make the top 4 or top 8 this year need to take their blue and white goggles off.

2017 Bulldogs squad is the weakest squad since Des took over 2012. All the other teams in the NRL have strengthened their squads and updated their styles of play.

Every single player we have lost has in the important positions, have not been replaced by a better player or equal to.

Barba - we still do not have a genuine FB
Hodkinson - we still do not have a genuine HB
Finucane - we still do not have a genuine Lock
Ennis

Our forward pack lacks grunt which is very unbulldog like.

Our 2012 forward pack was perfectly balanced and now its all over the shop. We were always in dire straits for a FB, HB and winger and the only thing we managed was Rona who did the runner after a couple of seasons.

N

Natboy

People who think we will make the top 4 or top 8 this year need to take their blue and white goggles off.

2017 Bulldogs squad is the weakest squad since Des took over 2012. All the other teams in the NRL have strengthened their squads and updated their styles of play.

Every single player we have lost has in the important positions, have not been replaced by a better player or equal to.

Ennis

Our 2012 forward pack was perfectly balanced and now its all over the shop. We were always in dire straits for a FB, HB and winger and the only thing we managed was Rona who did the runner after a couple of seasons.
Time will tell.
We usually rise against the odds when written off.
I'll be putting money on us and I don't every year

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time will tell.
Our history proves this! But no with this lot of players. This team doesn't enjoy playing Hasler's game plan!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Ennis

You're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't make it right. Hoppa is a good FB despite the ragging he cops on here and Abbey will grow into the position during the year when he gets a shot. Write off Mbye at your own peril. This kid can play and if you look at some of the highlights from last year he knows how to set up the outside men and now he has had a season in the 7 will be much better. Sure he needs to get the ball when he wants it and if they fix that up then the world is his oyster. I was sorry to see Finucane go but there was no choice between him and Jacko - we won that hands down. Lichaa is a bit like Mbye, only a kid growing into the position. He looked a lot sharper in the trials and if he keeps going in that direction he will do well. If not, then one of the other young blokes will get his shot. We have plenty of depth and plenty of grunt. How you can say a pack with Graham, Klemmer and Kas doesn't have grunt is beyond me. They are three of the fiercest competitors in the game. I not only expect us to finish top 4 but I can't see why we won't win. We have a good bench and a few hand second stringers in key spots so unless we get smashed with injuries we will be there. Yes I can see a few chain pass scenarios this year but I can also see plenty of ball movement to the edges with the Mozz's and Lee racking up a few tries.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Time will tell.
I agree with you first 2 paragraphs. Ill be putting money on us and I loose every year, the third one lol

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I believe in development and creating coherence in a playing group - so far we have not achieved that - it can be hit and miss even though I do believe it we have to miss that much before a hit. Anyway, I am hoping Des has become grounded in the reality that the team was complacent and he was delusional about it. And I am also hoping that the new attitude and reset in the offseason has changed the rules of how to play - and we are in for an adventure in 2017 - I can dream can't I?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe in development and creating coherence in a playing group - so far we have not achieved that - it can be hit and miss even though I do believe it we have to miss that much before a hit. Anyway, I am hoping Des has become grounded in the reality that the team was complacent and he was delusional about it. And I am also hoping that the new attitude and reset in the offseason has changed the rules of how to play - and we are in for an adventure in 2017 - I can dream can't I?
I hope so, because in the last few years all we've had is nightmares!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope so, because in the last few years all we've had is nightmares!
14 other teams have the exact same mindset with the exact same salary cap. Most of them with better players where it matters most. We essentially have one bench kiwi player and an English prop as far as internationals go.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I highly doubt Barret or Brown would actually say that... They're talking about 'rebuilding', 'making the 8', 'playing consistent footy week to week...
I understand where your coming from essentially, however will respectfully continue to disagree with your statement that all coaches will publicly state their team can win the comp...
I think it's a desperate comment from a desperate coach... It's unlike Des to make any positive comments particularly before a ball has been kicked. Regardless, let's hope his words have inspired the team.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
14 other teams have the exact same mindset with the exact same salary cap. Most of them with better players where it matters most. We essentially have one bench kiwi player and an English prop as far as internationals go.
Are you serious????? What about klemmer, jackson and kasiano?????? All internationals.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham, Klemmer, Eastwood, Kasiano, J Morris & B Morris are all internationals. Jackson, Hoppa and Reynolds have at least played origin. Agree that we have ordinary players in key positions.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the positives.....,...........,.......... Crusher has left! After he Des-troyed our recruitment!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are you serious????? What about klemmer, jackson and kasiano?????? All internationals.
Kasiano was the kiwi I referred to. Jackson and Klemmer aren't in the first squad bud. Going on tour and playing in the big games is a different thing. Don't get me wrong, Klem and Jacko will get there, but as a squad right now we are no where near the top.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Half our team have been intrrnationals, I agree, But Other than Klemmer and Jacko the best is behind a lot of our good players. We have a good team but not very good imo. I think we should be rebuilding but des won't compromise his top 8 bonus for anything...I hope I'm wrong but when the coaching staff is as professional as we are and the players certainly try hard and don't give up, But the best we could finish in the past 4 years is 5th, with a decent injury run. Then maybe, just maybe our squad isn't as good as we once thought.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look at the positives.....,...........,.......... Crusher has left! After he Des-troyed our recruitment!
Good point, and no more negativity. Round 1 is upon us. I do think des isa good coach yet he got a bit too smart for his own good the past 4 years. Hope we go back to basics this year, go dogs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.