Des Hasler - Bulldogs premiership 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would any team sack the current premiership winning coach? Its a stupid question really. We are complaining about him recently, for many valid reasons, but if he got us our first premiership in 13 years, happy for him to stay. He hasnt won it yet but.
I think it's a valid question in all honesty. There have been a lot of frustrations the past 2 seasons mainly of des doing

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is on a million bucks a year and can't buy himself a decent pair of spectacles.

Reactions: DT

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We coukld make the 8 but woeful recruitment and junior development will kill us again. We are being judged bottom 4 by most pundits based on the squad on paper. If the squad was top 6 as it always should be for the bulldogs then we'd have a genuine chance at winning a comp. I feel injuries will derail us this year and we'll flop

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spectacles, ties, notes... majoring in minors... A mistake I refuse to ever make again in my life, is judging a book by its cover... Unless Kylie Minogue hits me up...

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd still like to see him gone.
I want a bulldog as head coach of the Bulldogs.
So which of our alumni would you recommend?
And what is the criteria for being a "bulldog"?... One club player, premiership winner, 20 games, 50 games, a combo of?...
There's a couple of names I expect will get bandied around whose actions were very 'unbulldog' like for mine...

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why would any team sack the current premiership winning coach? Its a stupid question really. We are complaining about him recently, for many valid reasons, but if he got us our first premiership in 13 years, happy for him to stay. He hasnt won it yet but.
The thing is, we may not get the opportunity to sack or re-sign... I think it highly unlikely Des will wait until a GF win to secure his future... Which is fair enough...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely agree... Even I'm not falling for Des will flick the switch in rd 20 this year...
The mentality must be there from the start. Along with good attacking football. None of this saving our best plays for the finals crap. Queensland have been running the same set plays for 10 years and it still works. It's about structure and execution.

If we are average from rounds 1-25 we will be the same in the finals. 2014 was just a one off, top 4 has to be the goal if Des is fair dinkum.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd still like to see him gone.
I want a bulldog as head coach of the Bulldogs.
And only Bulldogs juniors in the team? Who cares where they're from, if they're a good coach, isn't that all that matters?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll be in the top 16 for sure.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like I said in another forum I might not like Hasler very much but I want to win the premiership first and foremost and if Hasler achieves that then good on him and he should stay and if we fail this season its time for a change. Many people forget that the job of an Nrl coach is to assemble a control a winning team and Hasler in his 5th year with some of the best facilities and better 3rd party deals available there are no excuses anymore.

Reactions: DT

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And only Bulldogs juniors in the team? Who cares where they're from, if they're a good coach, isn't that all that matters?
Funny.
You've quoted my post, but clearly you didn't read it.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So which of our alumni would you recommend?
And what is the criteria for being a "bulldog"?... One club player, premiership winner, 20 games, 50 games, a combo of?...
There's a couple of names I expect will get bandied around whose actions were very 'unbulldog' like for mine...
Number of games played for the dogs is irrelevant.
Someone who understands what the club is about, and can instill the culture and pride that befits the Bulldogs is entirely relevant.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Number of games played for the dogs is irrelevant.
Someone who understands what the club is about, and can instill the culture and pride that befits the Bulldogs is entirely relevant.
That's all well and lovely, but they need to be able to coach too... So who?... I know its difficult if you cant nominate Pay or Dymock who shat on us and chose money over bulldog culture... I know its difficult cos you cant pick baa, who is the consummate Dog but cant coach for shit... Answer the question Claire (token breakfast club reference) ;)... Who is this mystery first grade ready coach that is a "bulldog"...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's all well and lovely, but they need to be able to coach too... So who?... I know its difficult if you cant nominate Pay or Dymock who shat on us and chose money over bulldog culture... I know its difficult cos you cant pick baa, who is the consummate Dog but cant coach for shit... Answer the question Claire (token breakfast club reference) ;)... Who is this mystery first grade ready coach that is a "bulldog"...
Off the top of my head ?
Pay, dymock, potter, folkes, ward. Take your pick.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Off the top of my head ?
Pay, dymock, potter, folkes, ward. Take your pick.
Pay and dymock shat on us... Folkes???... Ward??? As head coach?...U must be off the top of your head ;)...
Potter is the only one of that list I would consider... Appreciate you putting it out there...
Would consider folkes or ward (maybe) in a Meninga/QLD type set up where they are not actually the coach but a figurehead...

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The thing is, we may not get the opportunity to sack or re-sign... I think it highly unlikely Des will wait until a GF win to secure his future... Which is fair enough...
The thread question was would u keep Des if we won the premiership. Of course we would.

The question wasnt would u keep Des if he wanted to re-sign or leave before winning a premiership. My answer to that depends if i think we have changed enough in the right direction at the time.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith will win the comp this year or Canberra. We cannot compete with the raw talent these two teams have. For us to beat these top teams every single aspect of the game needs to go out way.
Yep, the most talented team almost always wins..

Status
Not open for further replies.