Des Sucks, Dogs rubbish in 2017, yadda yadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The amount of negativity around here these days is quite honestly draining.

I don't know how many times I have to read "Fuck Des", or "Des Sucks", or other rubbish like that..

WE GET IT.. YOU DON'T LIKE DES.

Add in a loss in our first trial, and people are already writing us off.

All this .. from apparently Bulldogs fans!

But here's a few facts:
  1. Des is still our coach at the moment.
  2. NOTHING you whinge or moan about here will make a bees dick of difference to that situation. The entire 10000 memberbase could threaten to pull membership and the club won't listen.
  3. Lets just wait, see and evaluate.
  4. NOTHING we can do as fans will change the performances, or what happens on the field.
So how about we cut the whinging and moaning, cut the FUCK DES comments and actually start acting like supporters and support our team, regardless who the coach is, and regardless what the result is.

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bulldogs supporter.... are you?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm a dogs supporter but I disagree that standing up for what you believe in doesn't make change. At the very least you can hold your head high. We have already seen that disgruntled fans has put pressure onto the club management who had no intention of listening so you can be happy to say nothing and blindly follow but I definitely am not like that and certainly wouldn't encourage my kids to be that way either. Goodluck to you on that. Two types of people in this world, leaders and followers. Leaders always protect the followers.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Us fans have lost our culture tbh
Whoa so your saying we lost our Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus .this is not good .one cant make yogurt without this

Reactions: DT

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I try not to get caught up in the negative stuff now, as people can have their opinions. I will NEVER get how any so called Doggies fans hope we will lose, EVER. Just my way of supporting but I dont give a shit who is coaching I will never hope we will lose to get rid of the coach.

TBH I can get as negative as any on here but I always kind of reset when season is about to kick off. I'm looking forward to the season like usual. I looked forward to it after we came last, I looked forward to it after we lost SBW, I looked forward to it after losing our points and I am looking forward to it now even with DEs at the helm. It may be ground hog year, but I will still be watchng every single game cheering the boys on. Probably going to abuse a few of them but what ever. COME ON THE DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the first part of the season.

But I disagree that people having their say won't change anything. Supporters had a hand in the change away from Moore as coach and without supporters saying things on forums and facebook I don't think you would've seen the board meeting of last year and the moving on of useless people such as Cleal.

The truth is (as someone said in another thread) Des doesn't particularly care for the club, it is just a job to him and you can see that in the way he refers to the club when talking about it. If that delivers a premiership then good, if not 6 years is enough and it's time to move in another direction.

I will always support and watch the team no matter what, I did when they got the spoon and every year prior and after but generally if I make a negative comment about things it is only because I care about the club and hope things will change for the better.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't know how many times I have to read "Fuck Des", or "Des Sucks", or other rubbish like that..

But here's a few facts:
  2. NOTHING you whinge or moan about here will make a bees dick of difference to that situation. The entire 10000 memberbase could threaten to pull membership and the club won't listen.
  4. NOTHING we can do as fans will change the performances, or what happens on the field.
So how about we cut the whinging and moaning, cut the FUCK DES comments and actually start acting like supporters and support our team, regardless who the coach is, and regardless what the result is.

you just plagiarized my "Can you believe it" thread, lol

naah , agree 100%

getting sick of continuous negativity on this forum going on for years.

but i cant help it, as it relieves the pain a little

so

Fuck you Des!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
you just plagiarized my "Can you believe it" thread, lol

naah , agree 100%

getting sick of continuous negativity on this forum going on for years.

but i cant help it, as it relieves the pain a little

so

Fuck you Des!
Seeing you ready for the season gives me hope
images-248.jpg

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

But here's a few facts:

About time. Common sense.

Don't feel bad bro. It's what happens when a forum gets taken over by twelvies, who were born after our last premiership

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just a glass half full guy. I didn't renew my membership mainly because I can never make games. $300 odd a year for membership and parking to make 2 games.. OUCH!

I am REALLY hoping for change and that we go well this season... HOPE is all supporters can do...

If by say Round 8-10 its the same rubbish as last year though, one has to really question why the club refuses to act on things.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just a glass half full guy. I didn't renew my membership mainly because I can never make games. $300 odd a year for membership and parking to make 2 games.. OUCH!

I am REALLY hoping for change and that we go well this season... HOPE is all supporters can do...

If by say Round 8-10 its the same rubbish as last year though, one has to really question why the club refuses to act on things.
Different strokes mate. I get it.

I've been a full membership going on 11 years now. I will be dropping the amount of games though, due to the fact that I find the whole game day experience abysmal. It's just becoming boring, with their over-the-top and constantly mention of sponsors (I get their place in our game, but really? Do I need to hear a player is sponsored by your mums box when they are subbed onto the field?), terrible atmosphere, exuberant food pricing, and lately.. just a boring brand of footy.

I get people want change - but they've only really demanded it after a fall from grace towards the back end of last year. We were in the top 4 (or on the cusp of) with 5-6 rounds to go. I hate a lot of what Des has done to the club, but this is the first real moment where the pressure is squarely on him to undo many wrongs that have been input into our culture and systems.

Having said that - hanging at my mates man cave, agila in hand, a multitude of cheap food options, and a fridge full of beers... I think that conquers any potential game day experience.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without the "apparently" negative, so called fans, des would be under no pressure
Pressure is fine.

But the stuff that is said daily on this thread is honestly childish.

Honestly - I have learnt many things from supporters on this thread, over the years. They include:

a) We want a SBW-type player in every position. Someone who can blow a game wide open
b) Toilers are not wanted. We don't want a Grimaldi/Stagg type of player
c) Tolman is the reason for all our problems (this one is amusing lol)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different strokes mate. I get it.

I've been a full membership going on 11 years now. I will be dropping the amount of games though, due to the fact that I find the whole game day experience abysmal. It's just becoming boring, with their over-the-top and constantly mention of sponsors (I get their place in our game, but really? Do I need to hear a player is sponsored by your mums box when they are subbed onto the field?), terrible atmosphere, exuberant food pricing, and lately.. just a boring brand of footy.

I get people want change - but they've only really demanded it after a fall from grace towards the back end of last year. We were in the top 4 (or on the cusp of) with 5-6 rounds to go. I hate a lot of what Des has done to the club, but this is the first real moment where the pressure is squarely on him to undo many wrongs that have been input into our culture and systems.

Having said that - hanging at my mates man cave, agila in hand, a multitude of cheap food options, and a fridge full of beers... I think that conquers any potential game day experience.
I think league as a whole needs to wakeup a bit. The game day experience really does suck and you have to consider whether it's just not better to stay at home and watch the game on tv. Through the Nines the NRL gives the clubs an opportunity to have some preseason fun, build up anticipation for the new season and make some easy money over 2 days. Instead our club rejects the concept, sends out a reserve grade squad with a reserve grade attitude.

It's easy to ask us to spend money on the Dogs but what are the players giving back except talking it up in press conferences and then serving up a style of play that is no enjoyable to watch. I don't wish for the club to lose but I would like our well paid coach and players to put out something worth cheering for. Last year we had what the guys on Foxsports described as the worst set of six in history.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have deserved the backlash, but at what point do we say, okay, new year, let's see how we go. I do not like this carry over into a new year after a full offseason of revaluation and addressing of issues. This forum is starting to perform as good as the Dogs have in the past couple of years. We need to support our team and respectfully express our concerns not live in the whinge zone on everything. It gets very old and is not in the spirit of being a supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.