Bulldogs vs Panthers - Trial 1 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
was at the game here is a run down; first half the team looked very ordinary Klemmer and jackson were the only decent players from the starting team , the second half had alot more postives Brad Abbey was absoutly outstanding as well as Josh Cleeland by far our two best , in the forwards Kasiano was good and played alot more minutes and Renof Too omaga was fantastic our best forward by far made about 4 powerful runs and a clean brake , Zac Woolford played the final 20 mins and started off with a sloppy pass but other than that was great created a line brake with a nice pass and got a repeat set with a nice grubber near the line , Was the best of the 3 hookers and Lichaa and Garvey were shocking as usall
I like the sounds of Cleeland and Abbey

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Abbey
2. BMoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa/Kennar
5. Lee
6. Reynolds
7. Cleeland
8. Graham
9. Mbye
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Eastwood

14. Kas
15. Klemmer
16. To'omaga
17. Woolford / Saunders
Thats our best team tbh..... ffs des... please read this hahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS did our new KIA jerseys look as bad as KIA
cars do?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think its pretty much settled then. Abbey, Cleeland and Woolford to FG. Lichaa, Mbye and Hopoate to the reggies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think its pretty much settled then. Abbey, Cleeland and Woolford to FG. Lichaa, Mbye and Hopoate to the reggies.
Wooldford wont last 80mins. Hoppa would suit the centres.

1. Abbey
4. Hoppa
7. Cleeland
9. Mbye

17. Woolford (maybe)

They are not going to drop a 700k Mbye to reserve grade.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come everyone keeps putting Faitala-Mariner in the starting 13??? I thought he was ordinary last year and he hasn't been mentioned in one post from last night. Has he got some high work rate that I'm missing or haven't we got anyone else

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come everyone keeps putting Faitala-Mariner in the starting 13??? I thought he was ordinary last year and he hasn't been mentioned in one post from last night. Has he got some high work rate that I'm missing or haven't we got anyone else
I was actually thinking the same thing his defence isn't anything to write home about he hasn't really done anything to cement a starting spot.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wooldford wont last 80mins. Hoppa would suit the centres.

1. Abbey
4. Hoppa
7. Cleeland
9. Mbye

17. Woolford (maybe)

They are not going to drop a 700k Mbye to reserve grade.
Your probably right. Supercoach wont drop Mbye so as to save face. But he should. Mbye has been pathetic for a while now.
Hes another Lafai. Lafai was totally useless but supercoach persevered with him.
Hopoate is to slow (ponderous) He cannot read defence and misses tackles, and doesnt link up like a good FB should.
Lichaa is another proven failure. Same situation. Supercoach chased him for two years. And hes proven to be a dud.
Woolford is the future. Play him at No 9 now with Cleeland at 1/2.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got to disagree, he had some moments last year in the limited time he had and in the few games at the Warriors that showed he is a raw talent, he has an offload, speed, good lateral movement and a decent step for a backrower. All he needs to improve is his contact defense and we can have a set backrow of him and Jacko for the next decade.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I got to disagree, he had some moments last year in the limited time he had and in the few games at the Warriors that showed he is a raw talent, he has an offload, speed, good lateral movement and a decent step for a backrower. All he needs to improve is his contact defense and we can have a set backrow of him and Jacko for the next decade.
I agree we saw glimpses of something last year. I hope des hasn't coached this out of him yet.

N

Natboy

He has a definite x-factor I'm sure we will see more of this season

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me sideways... just saw the highlights... talk about fucking ripped off.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/02/11/highlights_bulldogs_.html

SUMMARY:
1st Panthers try - Huge miss by Phillips
2nd Panthers try - Huge miss by Phillips
3rd Panthers try @ 1:05 The player was held / held up. Gets up to play the ball and refs blow a try?!?!?
4th Panthers try @ Immediately after above, pass goes about half a metre forward for them to make a clean break and score.

Good to see the refereeing is as shit as ever!
Phillips will never be a regular first grader....he is rubbish

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the game at the ground last night it seemed Hopoate was ordinary at fullback offered nothing - watching the highlights confirmed that his defence - ie he arrives too late to assist in cover defence - hasn't changed since last year, admittedly they were both created by terrible defence by Philips. Up until lasts nights game I did not think Abbey would ever be ready for first grade - but he was so much better than Hopoate and so much better than any game he, Abbey, played last year - has far more footy in him than Hopoate.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After hearing reports about Abbey it's sink or swim time with him. You can't have someone in NSW Cup getting $300k a year.
No wonder we are over the salary cap and can't sign quality players.....imagine how much Eastwood and Tolman are being paid and I bet u the Morris boys are on very decent coins.....yet we don't have 1 marquee player and are over the cap...wow.....well done Hasler...just fuk off

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Phillips will never be a regular first grader....he is rubbish
He has been so lucky in his couple of games in first grade not to really cost us. He isn't really that fast, has terrible hands and can't tackle.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fatigues. I don't think he has a big motor which makes him soft in defence.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching the game at the ground last night it seemed Hopoate was ordinary at fullback offered nothing - watching the highlights confirmed that his defence - ie he arrives too late to assist in cover defence - hasn't changed since last year, admittedly they were both created by terrible defence by Philips. Up until lasts nights game I did not think Abbey would ever be ready for first grade - but he was so much better than Hopoate and so much better than any game he, Abbey, played last year - has far more footy in him than Hopoate.
Great to see a report from someone at the game, and not judgements based on a twitter feed...
Did the forwards see much ball at first receiver on the 4th?... Was lichaas passing game crisp?...
Did Holland get a run, I'm hearing conflicting reports?...

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been so lucky in his couple of games in first grade not to really cost us. He isn't really that fast, has terrible hands and can't tackle.
Like piggy said he's fkn garbage. Ron massey cup at best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Problem is that he just isn't suited to the left edge. I think be could make a very good lock if he could improve his defence and fitness. The skills you listed are all things we need there instead of another slow prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.