Royal commission on catholic sex abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
why did the Catholic church cover up Stanley?
I still don't see how people (not just aimed at you) believe in a 'god'. I know it helps a lot of people get through tough times and what not but cmon, to be so serious about it.
People and young children die from disease everyday whilst still praying to Jesus ? Religion has caused war over who'd is the 'real one'. If he were real would he not send a sign or a figure of something to say so war could end ?
And what about Mrs god ? Where is she in all of this.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So the Catholic church prohibits nuns from having sex, and priests from having sex.

But what's their policy on RealDolls?

why did the Catholic church cover up Stanley?
Well whichever Stanley the Catholic church covered up, it certainly wasn't with healing cloths that's for sure.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What isn't man made? If men didn't pass down or god give the bible how would we ever have known about Jesus, Moses etc.
How would we know about our history had man not written it down?
Everything on this earth now is pretty much man made, science, isms, processed foods, governments, laws, books, stand up comedies etc. So if we go by everything man made is fkd up then what's left really? The bible is the one thing not man made but the word of God. The Catholic Church you say is man made do you? That was the first church which saint peter by the blessing of God and has kept christs teachings all along.
A man made version of Christianity is the Protestant denomination if anything, Martin Luther refused to accept the catholic doctrine which was straight from Jesus and started his own clan (Protestantism).

Man made things have led to many great things only look at the health sector and what surgeons can do now with man made instruments. Just because there is a fingerprint of man doesn't automatically mean it's evil. What it does mean though is that evil can still be a choice for a man and then it becomes evil.
Just like a Catholic priest. There could be one god fearing doing all what the doctrine of Christ has told then the other man will be like no I will give in to my evil human urges.
Where is pedophilea allowed in the church from the bible and doctrine? How does it represent the church? The priest represents the church not the act.

P.s you should have kept going with your scripture studies. Why'd you let a human get in the way of the word of god?
no he meant man made as in its not a true story and the reason it has stuck is because the roman empire and others enforced it everywhere for many years, like how north koreans believe kim jong un is the supreme daddy

if the emperor at the time thought that a banana was sent from god and that everybody needed to stick it up their ass in order to receive the power of god then thats what the churches would be doing as their communion right now

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no he meant man made as in its not a true story and the reason it has stuck is because the roman empire and others enforced it everywhere for many years, like how north koreans believe kim jong un is the supreme daddy

if the emperor at the time thought that a banana was sent from god and that everybody needed to stick it up their ass in order to receive the power of god then thats what the churches would be doing as their communion right now
I know what he meant, it's just like political correctness. Man made.
I love it how you missed everything to the lead up of how Catholicism became legalised in Rome and the known world. Please do enlighten me on how it's right to ignore what happened to the early Christians at the hands of the pagan romans.

And Catholicism was illegal up until 300ad up until that time all Christians were being martyred and killed for their belief by pagans and Jews, sort of like today on some parts of the world Christians still being killed for being Christian.

What happened was emporer Constantine went to battle and saw the cross of Christ in the sky and used that symbol to defeat the enemy and that is when Catholicism started to be seen as not just myth but actual a religion of the true god of Abraham. But that's the fairytale and man made.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still don't see how people (not just aimed at you) believe in a 'god'. I know it helps a lot of people get through tough times and what not but cmon, to be so serious about it.
People and young children die from disease everyday whilst still praying to Jesus ? Religion has caused war over who'd is the 'real one'. If he were real would he not send a sign or a figure of something to say so war could end ?
And what about Mrs god ? Where is she in all of this.
My aunty and uncles baby died a day before her first birthday. She should have died at 4 months with a rare disease she had there was no cure. They first said 2 weeks but God gave us 6 more months with his angel. When God wants someone we can't argue that's when we fall for the devil and start getting tempted to do evil and start rebelling against what's right.
Before she died as Catholics we have icons of saints and Jesus Christ she would be sound asleep we'd all be praying and then she'd wake and take the icons and kiss them. This is a baby who was meant to be brain dead by that time. The drs could not explain. So this for me reassures me thatGod is there

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I know what he meant, it's just like political correctness. Man made.
I love it how you missed everything to the lead up of how Catholicism became legalised in Rome and the known world. Please do enlighten me on how it's right to ignore what happened to the early Christians at the hands of the pagan romans.

And Catholicism was illegal up until 300ad up until that time all Christians were being martyred and killed for their belief by pagans and Jews, sort of like today on some parts of the world Christians still being killed for being Christian.

What happened was emporer Constantine went to battle and saw the cross of Christ in the sky and used that symbol to defeat the enemy and that is when Catholicism started to be seen as not just myth but actual a religion of the true god of Abraham. But that's the fairytale and man made.
history is written by the winners tbh, he probably won the battle naturally and then just added the story of the cross in the sky because he wanted to further the religion or make himself the main man that god chose to help

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paedophiles are an evil thing, but I'm equally disgusted that the church would cover it up and in so many cases they'd allow the perpetrators to carry on in respected positions. This is a massive black eye for Catholicism.

Many questions arise after what has been exposed. What else has the church let go unpunished to avoid tarnishing their image. How can you still believe in the morality of an entity that will continually cover up evil acts.

For many people a sacred trust will have been broken beyond repair and deservedly so. The hypocrisy of telling people they must come to them for moral guidance is astounding.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
history is written by the winners tbh, he probably won the battle naturally and then just added the story of the cross in the sky because he wanted to further the religion or make himself the main man that god chose to help
So what history are we to believe then aye?
Also that's extremely debatable what you've stated that all history is written by the victors. Most of the history written on crusaders and the Spanish Inquisition were from the other side (losing, apparent oppressed sides) and the history they've painted about them is highly inaccurate and demonising. So extremely debatable with your statement.

Some would say wel most would say the ottomans won the crusader wars for keeping jeruslem so being the victors by your theory have written a history that's been manipulated?

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paedophiles are an evil thing, but I'm equally disgusted that the church would cover it up and in so many cases they'd allow the perpetrators to carry on in respected positions. This is a massive black eye for Catholicism.

Many questions arise after what has been exposed. What else has the church let go unpunished to avoid tarnishing their image. How can you still believe in the morality of an entity that will continually cover up evil acts.

For many people a sacred trust will have been broken beyond repair and deservedly so. The hypocrisy of telling people they must come to them for moral guidance is astounding.
Are you Catholic?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
So what history are we to believe then aye?
Also that's extremely debatable what you've stated that all history is written by the victors. Most of the history written on crusaders and the Spanish Inquisition were from the other side (losing, apparent oppressed sides) and the history they've painted about them is highly inaccurate and demonising. So extremely debatable with your statement.

Some would say wel most would say the ottomans won the crusader wars for keeping jeruslem so being the victors by your theory have written a history that's been manipulated?
im sure at the time and for hundreds of years afterwards the inquisition and the crusades were covered well on national nine news but now the rational people are winning

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im sure at the time and for hundreds of years afterwards the inquisition and the crusades were covered well on national nine news but now the rational people are winning
We're talking about history. You're saying history is written by the victors.
So by your theory whatever history is written it's all pretty manipulated in the favour of the victors. So what do we believe then almighty one?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
We're talking about history. You're saying history is written by the victors.
So by your theory whatever history is written it's all pretty manipulated in the favour of the victors. So what do we believe then almighty one?
the spanish inquisition is manipulated in favour of the victors, it should be looked at as the worst thing in the world but you defend it

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you Catholic?
No. I'm a little critical of all religion in some ways. Religion in my opinion is very judgmental while it preaches that god is the only one who should judge.

I can respect most religions basically offer a set of guidelines towards behaving morally, but at the same time there are many examples throughout history where different churches have perpetrated some very nasty acts in the name of God.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the spanish inquisition is manipulated in favour of the victors, it should be looked at as the worst thing in the world but you defend it
Why should it be looked at the worst thing in the world? The victors wrote the history about? You're fkn high lol. If the victors wrote the history you wouldn't be thinking it was the worst thing that happened. The truth is which you fail to acknowledge or accept is that the mainstream history written on that period was by Jews and Protestants who have a natural bias against the Catholic Church.
youre pretty blind and not clever at all if you can't tell there is agendas and bias in almost all history.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No. I'm a little critical of all religion in some ways. Religion in my opinion is very judgmental while it preaches that god is the only one who should judge.

I can respect most religions basically offer a set of guidelines towards behaving morally, but at the same time there are many examples throughout history where different churches have perpetrated some very nasty acts in the name of God.
Ok you're not Catholic, you really no nothing of the faith yet you're claiming Catholics are hypocrites. Talking about a faith and making it seem it's preached to fuk children in an indirect way is quite pathetic especially someone who doesn't know the faith.

Where in the Catholic doctrine is this shit allowed? There are evil and corrupt men within the church but to paint the actual religion and it's teachings as evil? That's a bit rich bro

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
My aunty and uncles baby died a day before her first birthday. She should have died at 4 months with a rare disease she had there was no cure. They first said 2 weeks but God gave us 6 more months with his angel. When God wants someone we can't argue that's when we fall for the devil and start getting tempted to do evil and start rebelling against what's right.
Before she died as Catholics we have icons of saints and Jesus Christ she would be sound asleep we'd all be praying and then she'd wake and take the icons and kiss them. This is a baby who was meant to be brain dead by that time. The drs could not explain. So this for me reassures me thatGod is there
No offence to you or your family and I am truely saddened about your nice but wouldn't god let her live a lot longer ?
Jim Jefferies said in heaven its ment to be eternal happiness. But like everything you go there its great then u get bored. None of the strippers or drugs are up there, they're all with the devil

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you've lied, cheaten and stolen your whole life why would the devil punish you ? Your on of his boys he's gunna dig you !

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No offence to you or your family and I am truely saddened about your nice but wouldn't god let her live a lot longer ?
Jim Jefferies said in heaven its ment to be eternal happiness. But like everything you go there its great then u get bored. None of the strippers or drugs are up there, they're all with the devil
He did he gave us 6 extra months with his angel. It's called faith brother it's seriously if you don't have it you won't understand you can't prove faith really.

But why are drugs and strippers good? That's what society has made us to think is cool and great and I won't be a hypocrite I to get caught up in that. But it is part of the devil. When you go to heaven you're purified we don't know exactly what we will feel or whatnot but I'd rather go to heaven than OD on a good batch of cocaine and then go to hell and get raped by demons

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you've lied, cheaten and stolen your whole life why would the devil punish you ? Your on of his boys he's gunna dig you !
Exactly! The devil doesn't give a fuk about us. That's what people don't understand. He hates us more than anything hence him trying to take our souls. He puts in our minds his for us with his deceptive words and temptations and makes god look like the bad guy

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day all you guys are allowed to have your opinions on the Catholic Church, freedom of speech and opinion is part of our teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.