Nothing in the pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I've just had a chat with a very reliable source from the club and he's told me to expect a very disappointing year next year.
We are not in the market for anyone at the moment, including Lolohea.

The club is hoping Des will walk. He won't be sacked because they don't want to pay out his final year but it sounds like he's pretty much lost half the change room

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb club.

He wont walk.

Sack him and pay him out. Too many good players coming off contract in the NRL and we wont sign anyone while Des is there and we will be screwed for the next 5 years.

Very poor management

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Great....not even looking forward to 2017 untill something miraculously happens.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
So what's the story going around that he has or about to be extending his contract till 2019?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've just had a chat with a very reliable source from the club and he's told me to expect a very disappointing year next year.
We are not in the market for anyone at the moment, including Lolohea.

The club is hoping Des will walk. He won't be sacked because they don't want to pay out his final year but it sounds like he's pretty much lost half the change room

You sit in the most important exam of your life, you have no idea how to answer the questions, you know you are definitely going to fail, but there is a slim hope you may pass by some miracle, at the end the result is announced and you have badly failed with flying colors.

I am just going through that feeling after reading your post.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bunch of shit *****. Just pay him out ffs
They are fucken dumb. They should of sacked him day after Panthers loss. (Realistically long time ago, but it is what it is).

We should have a new coach by now and by November 1st they should be prepared to go out aggressively and land atleast 1 top flight player who is coming off contract i.e Holmes, Taumalolo, Pearce, Tedesco, etc

They land 1 player they will recoup that Hasler payout quick smart with sponsorships, memberships, merchandise, media wankfests, etc

Dumbcunts

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
And that's why he board should be removed , they can't make the tuff decisions.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fark me. We already knew it would be a very disappointing year looking at the roster and the shit dished up lately.

We lack in every single department in my opinion.

Our spine is woeful. We don't have a genuine fullback or playmaker. Mbye may well go alright at hooker and Woolford looks promising though is a kid (hopefully he can be like Clearly and make the jump at such a young age though he would have an awful lot more defensive involvement then a half).

Reynolds/Mbye could make serviceable 5/8's though not with the current spine.

Our backs lack although I feel we will be reasonably satisfied from Kennar on the wing (if true and confirmed) I think he will be a good buy. Brenko Lee carved up for all the below grades and may well turn out to be a good centre though the lack of a fullback and the fact B Moz hasn't had a good run with injuries and along with J Moz are both getting a bit older worries me.

The forward pack was once our biggest strength and a massive advantage against almost any team. Now it's barely average in my opinion. Jackson & Klemmer are fantastic. Perfect to build our pack around. Eastwood & Kasiano are both serviceable for our squad and provide something.

Graham has either lost his desire (which is hard to believe when you see him spraying the team) or age and other issues are catching up on him. He is no where near the beast he was for us. Pritchard left a massive void. No one has filled or come close to filling that void. Williams was the biggest flop we have ever signed. Finucane would of been so good to have still. Fine & RFM show promise and could well prove to be something for us though our pack is lacking in several departments now and I wouldn't even rate it in the top 4 (Raiders, Sharks, Storm, Cowboys) are all easily better and you could make arguments for several more like Roosters, Broncos, Titans etc.

We truly need a 2008 like clean out. Won't be to long till the Morris bro's retire, Graham no doubt heads back to UK, need to piss off Tolman and Lichaa. If Hoppa won't play Sundays he can go too. Go hard in the market for 2018 for a quality fullback (Holmes, Ponga, Trbo, Munster, Tedesco etc) fuck I'd even try Barba ffs.

Go hard for a quality half Adam Reynolds would be fucking perfect though any of (Taylor, Elgey, Cleary, Sezer, Johnson, Pearce, Foran) etc would be a massive upgrade.

Some quality wingers some wouldn't command massive money (Feki, Rapana, Vunivalu, Winterstein, Semi, Guthertson, DWZ, Gray, Tupou, Nofaluma any of the Warriors abundance of backs.

Some forwards with some mongrel to build around Jacko, Klemmer, Kas and Eastwood. Blokes like Matulino or Ma'u etc would be perfect. Though you could go for some stars like Taumalolo or even average first graders that run hard like Matagi and that fucking McLean. Bloody Cowboys going hard for him FFS.

Fuck me I'd even go hard and go try and get blokes who know the Dogs. Barba, Sezer, Finucane, Taupau, Latu would go along way to helping our mess. Just need a decent centre and winger.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every day in the "real world" people get their employment terminated and I'm sure if we had decent KPI's in place for Des he could get dismissed (but I'm doubting this) due to lack of performance and they work out a payout figure in the background if need be, thus stopping negative press.

What they are doing now is trying to "manage" him out of the club, hoping he will walk, if he doesn't it will be worse than a "very disappointing season" coming up, it has the ability to linger with us for many more seasons afterward due to poor recruitment/retention/morale etc.

Our board needs to cut their losses and work with him to come to an agreeable settlement and both parties move on.

They can put a media spin on it, both parties walk away happy and hopefully our board develop a spine and step up, become accountable, connect with the fans and not let another egomaniac take control of the club.

They should then be working hard in the background developing an exit strategy for Castle.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if we sack des theres not suddenly going to be something in the pipeline

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I thought we were a rich club? So we are not getting rid of Hasler to save a buck? The BOARD are willing to have ANOTHER turd year because they are misers. Got it. Fuck the board.
He went 1.5mil over budget last year. They are sick of wasting good money on bad.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm not as keen as sacking Des as I am as sacking Raelene. She needs to go. Now.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What gives you the idea he has lost the dressing room?

Status
Not open for further replies.