doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't and we lose could be final straw for the board to say bye bye des

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
agree, it was des decision to let him not play, if he is getting paid the same money and not serveley discounted, he has to go
His contract is heavily discounted

Still though all finals should be non negotiable

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't play. Put Bmoz at FB finally. And get him as much ball as possible. I want this backline

1. Bmoz
2. Rona (left)
3. Holland (left)
4. Jmoz (right)
5. Phillips (right)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morris at fb is so much better my only concern is our lack of depth in the backs ,I'd have Rfm in centres and ty Phillips or McNally on wing,holland can't be there he is so bad

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
do we know this? it has not been made public about his contract
It was made public only a few months back in one of the papers. Though I heard from a very reliable source

Too give you an idea his contract is below 300k per year which is discounted greatly from what he was on at Parra

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
why dont they all become mormon for a week so we dont have to watch any of them.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so this is what I think Hoppa's "Get out of religious sacrifice for the finals" contract clause should/could or might be -

"As it is against my religious beliefs to work on Sunday's, I will not be payed for any games during the NRL finals games that may fall on a Sunday as I refuse to work on these days. Rather, I will play these games not as work but simply as an offer to help my good friends that require 2 hours of my time and assistance on these days."

What do you reckon?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its madness the club would sign a player who would play first grade in an important position all year only to not play come finals time.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed purely for "good" publicity.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This is working out so well for us. Hopefully he doesn't play and we get flogged. So much pressure is going to be on all involved at the club.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if we pick him and he sits on the bench and the game goes into extra time and goes past midnight he could play and not upset the church cause it will be Monday

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's already confirmed he's not playing

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/6ed6db37c0309919d2748dfc9cf4e905

WILL Hopoate has withdrawn from Canterbury’s elimination final against Penrith next Sunday on religious reasons.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Hopoate broke the news to his coach Des Hasler this afternoon when the NRL revealed the Bulldogs had been scheduled to face the Panthers on Sunday.

Hopoate is a Mormon, who missed three Sunday games earlier this year for his religious beliefs.

Hasler will move NSW State of Origin winger Brett Morris to fullback for the do-or-die game against the Panthers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.