BMoz to #1, Hoppa to #3 this round - DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How are they equal? Hoppa has Brett covered in pretty much every area of fb play. Brett is a stronger ball runner and has some real pace but that is about it. Brett doesn't even come close to Hoppa.

Hoppa is a natural fb and can compliment the players around him due to his large skillset and footy sense...Brett can't do any of that and it will hurt the team overall.
Another thing is you don't know how much speed Brett has lost with this injury too.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
rather hoppa at FB... but we cant decide wot Des does...
is Jmoz definately out? i hate origin!

dont care if Holland gets dropped and Mbye has to kick...they r both shit goalkickers either way!
I don't know why Reynolds doesn't kick , he's pretty accurate with his kicking game.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the rich form Hoppa is in, I can't see him being moved from fullback.. BMoz to play on the wing, which, by the way, is his spot..,!if the brains trust has a brain they will stick with this format. The only query should be do we go into the game with a decent kicker in Holland dropping Perrett or do we drop Holland stick Rona in the centres and Perrett keeps his wing spot?
It's a good headache to have...the inclusion of BMoz is massive!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Both fit, both are pretty much equal at fb imo

bmoz is not game fit, he hasnt played a game the entire year.

Hoppa is one of our strike weapons, why play him out of position and jeopardize our attack?

Hoppa is pretty decent under the high ball too and one of our form players in the comp.

I will never play him out of position.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome .. I have a feeling nobody will be complaining about the reshuffle after Saturday.
LOL this is TK, Bmoz could score 7 tries and 8 try assists and someone would still complain.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Broncos have at least 2 good kickers. If we go into a match like this without a kicker we may as well not turn up!

Hoppa has been in brilliant form at the back. I say bring back BMoz on the wing for a couple of games until his match fitness returns.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he plays and plays at fullback he will get injured against sadly, leave him on the wing while leaving the clubs best fullback at fullback...

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Bretts' body can handle playing fullback anymore, just as Inglis has been taken out of fullback because his knee is rooted.

Put him on the wing, Hoppa leave at FB

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
bmoz is not game fit, he hasnt played a game the entire year.

Hoppa is one of our strike weapons, why play him out of position and jeopardize our attack?

Hoppa is pretty decent under the high ball too and one of our form players in the comp.

I will never play him out of position.
Yeh agree that bmoz at least isnt match fit, and des should at least rotate them or brett might get gassed. Bmoz is very capable and as good at fb as hop when fit, we have all just forgotten coz its been so long since he played

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brett has played his best footy on the wing and Hoppa has played his best at fb. Should be as simple as that.
I agree I would allow Brett more freedom on the wing so he can sniff around the ruck a bit more too. So we get the best of both worlds.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Hoppa at centre. One on one he will be unstoppable.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had no problems with moving one of the best wingers to fullback when we had limited options last year but now that we've discovered how well Hoppa can play there I've got no idea why all these moves have to be made.

If Bretts' career is to be prolonged he really needs to play on the wing otherwise he's going to be missing for long stretches throughout the season.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fullback playing Centre, And a winger playing Fullback? Des and his experiments Fuk me.

Hopefully it works out.. Doubt it.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moz is a better returner of the ball and has real speed, he's also a better support player and breaks tackles in traffic.
Hoppa has silkier skills and is a natural FB.
Pretty much a wash IMO.
But throw in the fact that hoppa doesn't play Sunday's and I can guarantee at least a couple of the TBA games will be Sunday and he still hasn't committed to playing Sunday finals, I prefer moz at FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.