Dogs supporters vs knights supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This might piss some people off but after seeing how terrible the knights have been the supporters keep turning up, if our team was in the same position on the ladder, would we still turn up?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This might piss some people off but after seeing how terrible the knights have been the supporters keep turning up, if our team was in the same position on the ladder, would we still turn up?
There are a few fans who will always turn up to see the Knights,
Newcastle is a big city with just 1 team,
The hunter is a massive area

Doesn't take much to get people to games,
Trust me though,
Fans have stopped going,

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one here has stopped supporting the dogs we're just sick of the same shit every year. The knights club is a basket case and has been for some time, our club is rich and we have no excuse unlike them.

The Hunter area is pretty big, remember they had 2 teams (Hunter Mariners) at one point so they have allot of league supporters.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The question is IF our team was in the same position. Ofcourse we have no excuses, im just as sick of the 4th tackle Tolman, die with the ball on last tackle and everything else thats not working at the moment.
Basically if we had nothing like the knights would we still turn up?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a club, we have had our share of lean times and there was also the year we were stripped of all our points and playing for the spoon..fans still showed up. Fans will always show up to games, but it's horses for courses.. I guess it goes back to the point raised by a fellow Kenneller, how does one define a fan? We're all in this forum because we give a sh!t about our team...as fans do.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Newcastle have averaged 16695 per game so far this year at Hunter stadium ( 5 games)

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As a club, we have had our share of lean times and there was also the year we were stripped of all our points and playing for the spoon..fans still showed up. Fans will always show up to games, but it's horses for courses.. I guess it goes back to the point raised by a fellow Kenneller, how does one define a fan? We're all in this forum because we give a sh!t about our team...as fans do.
Good point.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If we had a shithouse team of young guys like the Knights I reckon fans would still turn up but have little expectation. I reckon if we had a team like we do now with overpaid plodders not performing and we started to string a losing streak together the fans might be more likely to stay away.

As a fan base we are a pretty resilient and defiant bunch so who knows. We're likely to turn up just to say fuck you to everyone else

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some fans keep turning up. But being from the Hunter myself and having my girlfriend works at rebel sport and they run promos and offer free tickets every now and then... which most of have been declined. Some of my mates have hardly ever attended games this year either.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
mate 80% of this site doesnt even attend games and they call themselves supporters, so i would say no
I'm a Kennel member and haven't been to 1 game this year and i can only see myself getting to the local Newcastle clash. Its just not affordable anymore and i don't blame people for not going. However i will always make the extra effort when Semi's come around.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The question is IF our team was in the same position. Ofcourse we have no excuses, im just as sick of the 4th tackle Tolman, die with the ball on last tackle and everything else thats not working at the moment.
Basically if we had nothing like the knights would we still turn up?
idk, we had a knights year in 2008 but that changed quickly the following year. Considering we don't have a proper home ground unlike the knights, crowds would probably be pretty poor at ANZ if we were shit for years.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless what the fake figures say, its is very noticeable that the attendances are way down this year for the dogs..

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most would stay away and watch from home cause u cant see shit at that bastard anz stadium anyway
10% Would be the families of players
10% Would rock up because they have free tickets
10% would be those refugees
20% would be season tickets holders
50% would be these mongrel whingers attending just so they can whinge their faces off to everyone else at the game.

I don't know what I'm talking about but I think the answer is yes and no.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TBH, the knight supporters expected their team to be shot this year. They're clearly rebuilding.
We expect more of the dogs because they're one of the best resourced teams in the comp.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't the dogs have the highest average crowd of the Sydney teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.