These days do you care about Origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I kinda lost interest a while ago and was only following it just to see if NSW could win back the shield (and because of the doggies players involved), after that i find it hard to be psyched up about it like before. Maybe one day origin will lose its appeal, tbh id like to see international test matches overtake Origin.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I get into it. I was more into it a few years ago and I went to the games but it's too expensive now so I just watch at home.

It definitely gets me pumped though and if NSW lose I feel it.

I do not feel any such feelings in international tests. I couldn't give two shits when Australia loses. It's probably a combination of my hatred for Queensland (with so many of the bastards in the Aus team) and the fact that the Australian team tends to be stacked. See Semi Radradra farce for a prime example.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still really into it, something about it has always captured my imagination and tapped into my passion more so then any international RL fixture ever has. The past 10 years of getting beaten has only fueled the fire more.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i like Origin...
do i care if NSW lose - maybe a little... but not too fussed
i watch it more hoping that our boys kill it & hope they dont get injured

still think it should be stand alone games though...the draw is already unfair and the middle of the season origin fucks up the NRL for 2 months of the year...

i still think Origin would have the same appeal if it was stand alone

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I care because I can't stand Wally Lewis screaming like a 13 year old girl in the commentary box every time qld score

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But I would not care if NSW lose due to a Dylan walker error. In fact I'd find it really funny and I hope they give us a close up of Daleys face when it happens. I can't stand blatant selection favours/corruption

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah I like watching the games still. I have said this before I don't have Fox so what the f@@k else is there to watch on a Wednesday night??

Ps I may have had a little tiny Bulldogs pride tear when Reynolds and Hokko finally won it back for NSW after all those years of QLD winning it. My missus doesn't let me forget it either.. I said wait to we win a grand final I'll be pride balling like a baby..baby

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Zero interest at all haven't watched a full game of it in many of years. Like internationals though

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But I would not care if NSW lose due to a Dylan walker error. In fact I'd find it really funny and I hope they give us a close up of Daleys face when it happens. I can't stand blatant selection favours/corruption

Yep!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My interest had never been huge. I'll probably haver it on the TV, but not sure if i will actually sit down and glue myself to the screen the whole game. I just dont feel the connecion I feel watching the Dogs play.

Queenslanders are a bit nutty over it (actually many are very nutty). The Courier Mail has stories on it in January, so you can imagine what its like now.

But if you mention to a local that in general people in NSW don't take it too seriously, the usual response is it because QLD always wins.

There is definitely an inferiority complex north of the Tweed.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love origin
I look forward to it as much as I do grand final day.

I am enjoying it a little more knowing hopefully JT, Smith, Cronk, Slater, Thiaday, Parker, Myles will all retire soon thus hopefully ending the Queensland dominance

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same.
I hope walker has a "Merritt" type of debut.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im a Kiwi but loved the NSW team since the Geyer-Lewis series, 92 I think. But since NSW have been utter shit and I think it was about 6 in a row or maybe 7 I have lost all interest in it. Maybe if it were competitive i would still get into it but now its just another game. I think for me also the fact that it doesnt have the best vs the best like it once did. Years ago Origin was basically the best of the best, save a few players, NOW not so much.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I lost all interest in SOO when they continued to have Fulton and Co in charge. Selections based on cronyism doesnt cut it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't give a fuck about any rep game.

It's all about the Premiership for me.
I'm greedy
I want my cake and eat it to
I want blues to win 3 nill then dogs to go on to win the GF
that would be an awesome year for me
Then the kangaroos to smash everyone else

I'm not asking for much am I

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm greedy
I want my cake and eat it to
I want blues to win 3 nill then dogs to go on to win the GF
that would be an awesome year for me
Then the kangaroos to smash everyone else

I'm not asking for much am I

do you want a foot long to go with that too?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly it is not a tragedy if I miss watching the game. I live for the premiership if anything and SOO has become just another cash cow for the NRL. The series is talked about months before it is even played and it just devalues the middle part of the season. Maybe if it was a stand alone series I might have more interest in it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watch it but I don't really care about it that much. It's a combination of things including players that shouldn't be playing for Qld and as others have said duds being put in charge of NSW coaching and selection.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I lost all interest in SOO when they continued to have Fulton and Co in charge. Selections based on cronyism doesnt cut it.
^^^ This I can not stand Fulton.. Piece of C**t

Status
Not open for further replies.