Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Could he make it as a top flight winger with us or no? Seems a little quicker than Rona but lacks a bit of size. Is he any good under the high ball?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His hands look a lil sus from the times i seen him play..but he as some real pace. Might get better after a solid stint in firstgrade? Doubt he will get the chance though.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible under the high ball....

Fiji game was a dog's breakfast
Roosters game was bad.

Sezer will psychologically damage him.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He is playing good just needs more first grade games .

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was worried each time the ball was in his hands. Cant believe i wanted him at fullback years ago lol. In saying that Barba had high ball troubles to, so I'm sure Phillips is just a confidence/pressure issue. I don't see him getting a regular position anytime soon though, will most likely move on if a decent offer comes along.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His attack is great but defense which includes catching bombs, he needs to develop further in that avenue Coz smart halves will target him and fuk him up

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same exact comment as 5 other people, but same exact secondary comment as 5 other people.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Top flight winger - Potentially... he had good wraps on him coming through Souths system.
Quicker than Rona but lacking size - Yep, faster than Rona off the mark and in bursts although Rona has a massive stride so covers distance quicker. Is definitely shorter than Rona.
Under the high ball - He's not too bad. Has played fullback when at Souths before Johnston knocked him off that position. Can be a bit of a lotteray at times with his handling.

I think he realises this is his chance to prove (now) he can be a decent first grade player. When Bmoz/Hoppa are back he'll be like Holland and battling for a first grade spot in the future.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doing ok only a few games into his career.. deserves his chance in FG as hes done the hard yards in reserves and named in NSW cup team of year ..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's more a confidence thing then anything with him.

He played first grade last year and went on a scoring blitz in nsw cup.

Has definitely improved every game this year, and finished well against the roosters.

His hands are bad (struggles under the high ball, but also can drop passes that hit him straight on the chest). That shows maybe a lack of concentration.

The kid has speed (he seems like a poor mans Dylan walker/James Roberts) his flaws can be ironed out though. So can he make it as a winger in first grade? He probably can (based on his speed and try scoring ability). But in saying that his size can be an issue (when getting dragged back or smashed) and he will need lots of work with positioning under the high ball and how to attack bombs rather then standing there with his feet planted. He is a great fill in for us with hoppa out, hopefully he has another solid game against the raiders so he can take some confidence back to nsw cup.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love this guy , he's keen as mustard and put in an outstanding performance on Sunday.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He's taking his opportunity and scoring tries, what else matters?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's clear he brings some much needed speed in the team though has feet for hands and is suspect in defence... Still though, it may be a confidence thing and perhaps more time in the top grade helps him in those areas.

Brett Morris is going to be a massive inclusion for us in a month or two's time. His speed, support play and tackle busting ability will compliment our style of play..he's our X factor .

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People wanted him to replace Perrett lol.

Reactions: DT

Malla

Reaction score
He's good - but keep in mind he went up against Tupou who is atrocious. Des clearly drew up plays to find out Tupou's shocking edge defence. But still - there were a few nice finishes from Tyrone.

Either way he is a great back up.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has good potential and is quick. He needs work on taking high kicks but that can be taught. I wonder how much time is spent on those things in Nsw cup considering the team is near the bottom of the table. He also plays alongside a centre who doesnt hog the ball giving him more opportunity to score.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
we all no hes only there because of injuries / religious reasons... has some pace but thats about it
perrett stanley bmoz are all infront of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.