Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs since signing des
Lol. If Mbye signs to 2019 and des is retained for that period, then its obvious more than ever that our admin have no control over our players.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The really sad thing about the current situation is that the people whinging and bitching like we're in wooden spoon contention right now are probably going to turn around and claim they initiated change with their negative attitude when our attack starts to click.

I never thought i would say this but I am starting to envy the Roosters for having fairweather fans. At the moment it's like we have a group of people screaming out for lunch. When lunch finally arrives they won't thank the cook, they'll congratulate themselves on how their screaming finally made lunch arrive.

The psychology of humans means that even when we don't want to read into the opinions of others we are always very curious to know what others think of us. I would hazard a guess that a large portion of the team have by this stage worked out that a vocal portion of fans think they're not up to standard and have allowed that negativity to influence their natural confidence. How many of you can honestly say that when you didn't read your report card at school that you were supposed to not read. I'd guess that most people would have taken a sneaky glance.

I think that part of being a supporter means that we have to help the team build their confidence, and judging by what i read on here i would hate to think that any of our players ever finish reading their facebook updates knowing that they've lost the respect of the fans. Human nature focuses on negativity and most of the team use some form of social media, so they're in a position where they're going to encounter the negative feelings that are around it's going to reflect poorly in their self belief levels. If you really want to help the team then send the club a message telling them you are withdrawing your support ubtil things change. It's not really helpful to create a negative attitude on sociual media.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The really sad thing about the current situation is that the people whinging and bitching like we're in wooden spoon contention right now are probably going to turn around and claim they initiated change with their negative attitude when our attack starts to click.

I never thought i would say this but I am starting to envy the Roosters for having fairweather fans. At the moment it's like we have a group of people screaming out for lunch. When lunch finally arrives they won't thank the cook, they'll congratulate themselves on how their screaming finally made lunch arrive.

The psychology of humans means that even when we don't want to read into the opinions of others we are always very curious to know what others think of us. I would hazard a guess that a large portion of the team have by this stage worked out that a vocal portion of fans think they're not up to standard and have allowed that negativity to influence their natural confidence. How many of you can honestly say that when you didn't read your report card at school that you were supposed to not read. I'd guess that most people would have taken a sneaky glance.

I think that part of being a supporter means that we have to help the team build their confidence, and judging by what i read on here i would hate to think that any of our players ever finish reading their facebook updates knowing that they've lost the respect of the fans. Human nature focuses on negativity and most of the team use some form of social media, so they're in a position where they're going to encounter the negative feelings that are around it's going to reflect poorly in their self belief levels. If you really want to help the team then send the club a message telling them you are withdrawing your support ubtil things change. It's not really helpful to create a negative attitude on sociual media.
Hear hear.

The Kennel should change its name to "The Whining", because that's about all I see these days.

BTW, I like your lunch analogy.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

you know what im sick of .... People trying to tell me that im overacting and that everything is fine and that it hasn't been groundhog day or Déjà vu for the past 3 years... and they are a better supporter than me ......... That's what im sick of.........

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
you know what im sick of .... People trying to tell me that im overacting and that everything is fine and that it hasn't been groundhog day or Déjà vu for the past 3 years... and they are a better supporter than me ......... That's what im sick of.........
Purely speaking for myself here.

Firstly, I'm not going to tell people how to be a fan but it just seems that in general, the kennel (in general) has become 24/7 of negativity (even the lounge topics seem to have that vibe). Not directed at you - just a general feeling.

There must be some positives in life? :grinning:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Right with you.. considering we are one of the most successful teams In the last 4 years it would be hard to imagine what would be if the bulldogs were like or in the same position as any other sydney team.

i congratulate the administration for having the bulldogs in such a strong position on and off the field. Yes we may be struggling with cohesion on field SOMETIMES this season but im sure the team will come good under hasler. If they struggle than obviously the axe will fall but right now I'm happy we have a team that is more than competitve and a chance to win the comp.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Right with you.. considering we are one of the most successful teams In the last 4 years it would be hard to imagine what would be if the bulldogs were like or in the same position as any other sydney team.

i congratulate the administration for having the bulldogs in such a strong position on and off the field. Yes we may be struggling with cohesion on field SOMETIMES this season but im sure the team will come good under hasler. If they struggle than obviously the axe will fall but right now I'm happy we have a team that is more than competitve and a chance to win the comp.

Guys, I know most of you don't agree with the above (no, you're not less of a supporter etc etc), but don't flame the guy for adding some positivity :grinning:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, I know most of you don't agree with the above (no, you're not less of a supporter etc etc), but don't flame the guy for adding some positivity :grinning:

Firstly, I'm not going to tell people how to be a fan but it just seems that in general, the kennel (in general) has become 24/7 of negativity (even the lounge topics seem to have that vibe). Not directed at you - just a general feeling.

Unfortunately (and im not referring to you) certain people are to self righteous to realise that their comments are just as negative and inflammatory as the people they chastise.. Its actually quite funny .. Telling people not to express themselves is pretty much as negative as it gets!!! Last time I checked this is a public forum for public opinion.... If people want to make comment thats great (yay or nay) but they should not be singling others out because their opinions differs to that of their own..............

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

mate i have been the one of the most positive guys on the forum, over the years i have defended Des, Ennis, cook, inu, and all those kennels favorite pet hates of this forum.

I had complete faith in Des when we coming against the knights which happened to be our last game of the season, despite knights thrashing us twice that year in 2013 already.
I was super positive and in support of Des when we lost 7 out of last 9 games in 2014 to scrap into the top 8 in 2014.
When Des let go Ennis , despite my brain telling me that how can Des prefer a rookie over a seasoned campaigner, our captain, heart and soul of our deefence over and un proven talent, yet i believed in Des.
Despite our pathetic style of play for last 4 years , despite our no clue 5th tackle options for last 4 years, despite our worst kicking game of the comp for last 4 years, despite all that repeated , pathetic bullshit, i trusted.

But there comes a point, when you realize that the notion "if at first you dont succeed , try try and try again" doesnt work if you keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Des has been repeating the same BS over and over again and in the process burning our valuable talent and roster. Ennis is a living proof that Des can kill your career if you are coached by Des.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately (and im not referring to you) certain people are to self righteous to realise that there comments are just as negative and inflammatory as the people they chastise.. Its actually quite funny .. Telling people not to express themselves is pretty much as negative as it gets!!! Last time I checked this is a public forum for public opinion.... If people want to make comment thats great (yay or nay) but they should not be singling others out because their opinions differs to that of their own..............
I do take what you're saying.

Yes, I don't think people should be getting angry/self righteous about the anger of others at the team etc.

But logging onto the Kennel has become a bit of a downer of late, when I used to actually enjoy it.

Hopefully things will improve on the field so they can improve on the forum.

Sorry, just trying to be a positive kinda guy. I come to the kennel for some entertainment :p

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do take what you're saying.

Yes, I don't think people should be getting angry/self righteous about the anger of others at the team etc.

But logging onto the Kennel has become a bit of a downer of late, when I used to actually enjoy it.

Hopefully things will improve on the field so they can improve on the forum.

Sorry, just trying to be a positive kinda guy. I come to the kennel for some entertainment :p
Totally understand .. but some people just feel the need to vent with other supporters .. I just cant afford the amount of TV's and remote controls im churning through and the misses isn't that fond of the holes in the gyprock either LOL

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
mate i have been the one of the most positive guys on the forum, over the years i have defended Des, Ennis, cook, inu, and all those kennels favorite pet hates of this forum.

I had complete faith in Des when we coming against the knights which happened to be our last game of the season, despite knights thrashing us twice that year in 2013 already.
I was super positive and in support of Des when we lost 7 out of last 9 games in 2014 to scrap into the top 8 in 2014.
When Des let go Ennis , despite my brain telling me that how can Des prefer a rookie over a seasoned campaigner, our captain, heart and soul of our deefence over and un proven talent, yet i believed in Des.
Despite our pathetic style of play for last 4 years , despite our no clue 5th tackle options for last 4 years, despite our worst kicking game of the comp for last 4 years, despite all that repeated , pathetic bullshit, i trusted.

But there comes a point, when you realize that the notion "if at first you dont succeed , try try and try again" doesnt work if you keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Des has been repeating the same BS over and over again and in the process burning our valuable talent and roster. Ennis is a living proof that Des can kill your career if you are coached by Des.
And I respect your right to your opinion (not withstanding I don't really agree with your last sentence - Ennis playing well at another Club doesn't necessarily mean it was all Des' fault... well it could be but I think its not quite "living proof").

As I mentioned elsewhere, its a general observation that people are just being so negative with very little positive being said - even outside the the Bulldogs discussion area (and in some threads with nothing to do with Des, Raelene etc soon turn into a hatefest, and mods have to close them). As much as those posting negative things defend their rights to do so and complain bout people cutting them down (and this probably used to happen a lot), I think the pendulum has swung the other way, whereby people trying to be positive get shouted down even more.

Anyway, i'll leave it there and go out and enjoy a beer in the Queensland sunshine. Next Sunday seems so far away. Go Dogs...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally understand .. but some people just feel the need to vent with other supporters .. I just cant afford the amount of TV's and remote controls im churning through and the misses isn't that fond of the holes in the gyprock either LOL
Yeah, i understand your point. I hope some are leaving there frustrations here and not smashing their TVs, yelling at the missus or kicking the Dog!

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I thought Ennis played great at the Dogs, every time he was missing we seemed to lack some real grunt. He wasn't exactly winding down towards the end of his time with us so to see him be successful with a club that is in top form isn't too much of a surprise to me

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not telling you you are over reacting. I'm not saying I'm a better supporter. I'm trying to get people to hit a point where they realise that is beyond a joke.

If I posted this in every thread I'd gladly give you the right to call me out about it. As it is I maybe post something like this one a week lately.

I'll do you a deal though. How about we make a bet. If you read every page if this thread and find more people posting about wanting fans to be positive I'll sit out the rest of the football season from the kennel. If there are more people bench negative in this thread you ask the miss for a season long ban. This is just so you can put things in perspective.

Do we have a deal?

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not telling you you are over reacting. I'm saying I'm a better supporter. I'm trying to get people to hit a point where they realise that is beyond a joke.

If I posted this in every thread I'd gladly give you the right to call me out about it. As it is I maybe post something like this one a week lately.

I'll do you a deal though. How about we make a bet. If you read every page if this thread and find more people posting about wanting fans to be positive I'll sit out the rest of the football season from the kennel. If there are more people bench negative in this thread you ask the miss for a season long ban. This is just so you can put things in perspective.

Do we have a deal?
First of all I have no idea what you were alluding to LOL.. And second of all, I wont be betting anything! especially when I cant even determine if your speaking English??? ..

All im saying is, if you want to be positive that's great,, make your points why you feel the need to have such a great outlook on the dogs .. But don't dump on others for having an opinion .. If others are excessively having a go at you for your positive out look on things,, let the mods know and we will take care of it ..

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro trust me we won't need either of them.Give these 2 at least the whole season.Things will improve.
How will things improve? Our system is fucking rubbish and i can't see any improvement until that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.