Neil Howsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope that this is in order for me to post this here.

For anyone who attends NSW Cup and junior league games, some very sad news regarding the passing of a young man by the name of Neil Howsen .

Neil an avid Bulldogs fan had been in very poor health over the last few years and today after a long fight finally succumbed to the cancer which had led to him being bedridden for the last month and a half of his life.

I first met Neil many years ago at Belmore and our paths crossed on numerous occasions at both NSW Cup and Premiership games. I suppose you could say he was a close neighbour at ANZ sitting about half a dozen rows in front of me and my family at all home games. His absence this season was certainly noticeable.
Neil rarely missed a game in all the time I had known him and he would travel far and wide to see as many games of football featuring the Bulldogs as he could and in all grades.

He was a likeable fellow and keenly recorded stats and the like for all games. His greatest love in life was the Bulldogs, a fact that anyone who knew him would attest to. I shall miss his laugh and his smile and his love for the game. Such a sad time but I know that he will be certainly watching over his beloved Bulldogs hoping that they can bring home a Premiership in 2016.
The final picture of him was taken last week in his hospital bed, smiling and wishing the boys all the best and giving a huge thumbs up to the boys ahead of their game against the Titans. Guess they heard you champ.

Neil you will be missed.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So very sorry to read this. Breaks your heart to see someone taken so young.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cancer is a horrible disease. Condolences to his family and friends for their loss.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope that this is in order for me to post this here.

For anyone who attends NSW Cup and junior league games, some very sad news regarding the passing of a young man by the name of Neil Howsen .

Neil an avid Bulldogs fan had been in very poor health over the last few years and today after a long fight finally succumbed to the cancer which had led to him being bedridden for the last month and a half of his life.

I first met Neil many years ago at Belmore and our paths crossed on numerous occasions at both NSW Cup and Premiership games. I suppose you could say he was a close neighbour at ANZ sitting about half a dozen rows in front of me and my family at all home games. His absence this season was certainly noticeable.
Neil rarely missed a game in all the time I had known him and he would travel far and wide to see as many games of football featuring the Bulldogs as he could and in all grades.

He was a likeable fellow and keenly recorded stats and the like for all games. His greatest love in life was the Bulldogs, a fact that anyone who knew him would attest to. I shall miss his laugh and his smile and his love for the game. Such a sad time but I know that he will be certainly watching over his beloved Bulldogs hoping that they can bring home a Premiership in 2016.
The final picture of him was taken last week in his hospital bed, smiling and wishing the boys all the best and giving a huge thumbs up to the boys ahead of their game against the Titans. Guess they heard you champ.

Neil you will be missed.
Sorry to hear, so young ....RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.