Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
ASSASSIN 'As I am an inquisitive **** I'd love to know everything lol'

Be careful bro saying this..remember when Colonel Doctor Spalko requested the same thing from the Inter-dimensional Beings in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?????????? Her head blew up.. Kaboom!

ps worst Indy movie ever!
Fkn lol

PS agree with you.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ASSASSIN 'As I am an inquisitive **** I'd love to know everything lol'

Be careful bro saying this..remember when Colonel Doctor Spalko requested the same thing from the Inter-dimensional Beings in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?????????? Her head blew up.. Kaboom!

ps worst Indy movie ever!
Never heard of that movie. Must be a rip off to Indian jones trilogy as they're the only Indiana movies I know of

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Never heard of that movie. Must be a rip off to Indian jones trilogy as they're the only Indiana movies I know of
It's the 4th movie and it's shithouse. If you're an Indy fan don't watch it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting questions. It's like the question they originally had about general relativity theory. The concept was that if a car is travelling at the speed of light and it turned its headlights on, would light shine forward.

The general response was no, because a car could not be travelling at the speed of light. For something to travel at the speed of light it needs to have no mass which means only light can travel at the speed of light.

But it did create some other interesting logic concepts. Professor Thorn talked about the concept of possible time travel. At the atomic level wormholes open and close. They're only open for a nanosecond and they only jump from one atom to the next atom so they're pretty useless, but if you used dark energy (a lot of dark energy) you could theoretically force the wormholes to stay open and expand them large enough for a body to pass through it. So if you took one end of the wormhole and placed it on a ship then sent that ship at 95% the speed of light for 2 years, the wormholes would still be linked so you could effectively pass through the wormhole to get home. But, when an object approaches the speed of light, time slows down due to the gravitational effect (same effect you get with a black hole). Basically the closer you get to the speed of light, the greater your mass. So while you couldn't reach the speed of light with any mass, when you are close to the speed of light your mass would become infinite.

Here's the time part. As time has slowed down while you are travelling near the speed of light, you have been travelling at that speed for 2 years and you look through the wormhole and you'll see that on the other end of the wormhole 10 years has passed.

The same concept works for black holes. The greater the gravitational force, the slower time moves. They proved this by placing atomic clocks on planes and found that if you spent your entire life on a plane you'd be living a few seconds ahead of everyone else. Increase the gravitational force exponentially (like a black hole) and you generations could pass in mere weeks.

That said, time is a constant which means it can't actually travel backwards but it can be slowed.

I agree with this statement, i also believe time travel can happen when you slow down the time with respect to your surroundings. you may travel well into the future with you aging very little in comparison, but can you reverse the time is yet to be proven. I doubt you can go into the past, if it was possible in the future then someone from future would have already travelled back into the past to fix worlds problem.

all theory of course.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
oh by the way as per Quran, on judgement day the time will stop, no one will ever age... death will be given to death.

so that is another interesting phenomenon i always think about.

when the time is still, how do you measure happiness, pain, speed?

another question for you...was there time before the big bang?

If so how did you measure it ?

every thing we see and feel in this universe has a beginning and an end... the one which doesnt have a beginning and no end is simply incomprehendable to human mind and that is who we call God/ Allah.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
God isn't restricted to the laws of physics or time.
Boss Is boss.

It's so hard to like understand someone so powerful like God.

But I read one of your posts about how science doesn't like the idea of God due the idea of a god contradicting science and what science has discovered.
Wellllll science hasn't discovered everything there is many things in the universe science cannot even explain due to it being far beyond our intelligence.
Don't think it would be hard to relate God to that.
Nah, you misread my post. I said that scientists don't tend to like the concept of God of the bible as it's written in the bible (creation in 6 days, Adam and Eve being 2 humans in the garden of Eden, etc), but my whole post was about how science can't rule out the existence of God just because it doesn't understand God. The reason that scientists usually rule it out is as Carl Sagan put it "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". The concept they take is that if there's no scientific evidence for God then they disregard the existence of God. Doesn't mean that God doesn't exist, just that he's not used as a basis for scientific calculation or concept.

I'd just like to know why people think the story of Adam and Eve is so hard to believe but can believe we essentially came from bacteria in the ocean according to common evolutionary theories.

Like even dinosaurs science says they became birds lol. How the fuk does something gain wings that genetically won't allow them too? The surroundings? A deformity? And that deformed dinosaur was a horny bastard and eventually all dinosaurs started to get wings and become smaller? Lol if that shit did happen there would of needed to of been an intervention by an intelligent designer or designer who knew back then how to manipulate genes and dna similar to what scientists do now with taking dna and genes from a certain fruit and injecting it in another fruit in order to gain the other fruits defence mechanisms and to be able to grow in its not natural season.
It's natural selection and survival of the fittest. People often misunderstand the concept of "Survival of the Fittest" as "Survival of the Strongest", but it's actually "Survival of the best fit". Basically the concept is that any creature which fits in best with its environment is the one that will survive. Natural selection and survival of the fittest are when species can't adapt to a changing environment, or they are beating by a better species. Modern extinction happened because humans hunted a species to death. It wasn't always that way. Most species before humans went extinct because they could adapt to the environment.

Take Dinosaurs for example. You have something like the T-Rex. One of the largest predatory dinosaurs there was. Occasionally there would be a few pygmy T-Rexes born. These dinosaurs were half the size of the other T-Rexes and were disowned by the rest of the pack because they were weak. The pygmy T-Rexes get together and mate and you have a new sub-species. These pygmies are a mutation and normally wouldn't survive except that unlike the main T-Rexes, the Pygmy T-Rexes need less food and could possible eat leaf matter unlike the T-Rexes who survive off primarily meat. Makes them pretty useless until a massive meteor crashes into the earth. This sends shockwaves around the earth, tidal waves, earth quakes. The sky burns and the air becomes toxic for any larger creatures. Smaller creatures like the Pygmy T-Rex manage to take cover in caves and such.

But that's not the worst of it. The debris and ash clouds have blocked out the sun for years. Crops die, animals die. When there's minimal resources around the only ones that are going to survive are the small creatures. Even the Pygmy T-Rexes struggle to survive but they're offspring may be small enough to survive and together they create another even smaller subspecies.

Travel forward a few million years and now the sea levels are rising. Creatures are trying to get to high ground. Low level vegetation is getting wiped out by constant floods. Only creatures that can reach the high up vegetation are going to survive. The Brontosaurus would be good in this concept but they were big and slow so they were wiped out by the meteor strike that killed off most of the large animals. Over millions of years these T-Rex sub-species have been slowly mutating. There's been hundreds of different mutations and the pointless mutations (smaller arms, three legs, etc) have all died out because they were useless, but some mutations (longer arms, ability to climb trees, wings) survived because they were useful.

Fast forward to today where the Sabre-tooth Tiger and the Wooli Mammoth have both gone extinct from humans hunting them and low food sources, and with animals being hunted and controlled by humans, the only animals that survive are the ones small enough for us to ignore.

That's evolution.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with this statement, i also believe time travel can happen when you slow down the time with respect to your surroundings. you may travel well into the future with you aging very little in comparison, but can you reverse the time is yet to be proven. I doubt you can go into the past, if it was possible in the future then someone from future would have already travelled back into the past to fix worlds problem.

all theory of course.
I agree. I like the way Stephen Hawkings did it. He said that time travel will never be possible and to prove it he held a party for time travellers. He had the party then he sent out public invites for the party the day after the party and said that no one turned up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree. I like the way Stephen Hawkings did it. He said that time travel will never be possible and to prove it he held a party for time travellers. He had the party then he sent out public invites for the party the day after the party and said that no one turned up.
Lol, I like that.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Well maybe the invitations didnt go out to the right people.

lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't think i have seen that movie since it first came out.

Launched Ferrell's movie career,a nd some interesting cameos (Richard Grieco for example).

Also, what happened to the other dude's career.....
The little monkey looking guy? Is he still alive?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't the original MILF in it too?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think i have seen that movie since it first came out.

Launched Ferrell's movie career,a nd some interesting cameos (Richard Grieco for example).

Also, what happened to the other dude's career.....
I think people realised he was nothing without Ferrell.

We had a friend's birthday at The Roxbury in Glebe the other week so I kept making Night at the Roxbury moving references and only one person knew what I was talking about.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nah, you misread my post. I said that scientists don't tend to like the concept of God of the bible as it's written in the bible (creation in 6 days, Adam and Eve being 2 humans in the garden of Eden, etc), but my whole post was about how science can't rule out the existence of God just because it doesn't understand God. The reason that scientists usually rule it out is as Carl Sagan put it "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". The concept they take is that if there's no scientific evidence for God then they disregard the existence of God. Doesn't mean that God doesn't exist, just that he's not used as a basis for scientific calculation or concept.

It's natural selection and survival of the fittest. People often misunderstand the concept of "Survival of the Fittest" as "Survival of the Strongest", but it's actually "Survival of the best fit". Basically the concept is that any creature which fits in best with its environment is the one that will survive. Natural selection and survival of the fittest are when species can't adapt to a changing environment, or they are beating by a better species. Modern extinction happened because humans hunted a species to death. It wasn't always that way. Most species before humans went extinct because they could adapt to the environment.

Take Dinosaurs for example. You have something like the T-Rex. One of the largest predatory dinosaurs there was. Occasionally there would be a few pygmy T-Rexes born. These dinosaurs were half the size of the other T-Rexes and were disowned by the rest of the pack because they were weak. The pygmy T-Rexes get together and mate and you have a new sub-species. These pygmies are a mutation and normally wouldn't survive except that unlike the main T-Rexes, the Pygmy T-Rexes need less food and could possible eat leaf matter unlike the T-Rexes who survive off primarily meat. Makes them pretty useless until a massive meteor crashes into the earth. This sends shockwaves around the earth, tidal waves, earth quakes. The sky burns and the air becomes toxic for any larger creatures. Smaller creatures like the Pygmy T-Rex manage to take cover in caves and such.

But that's not the worst of it. The debris and ash clouds have blocked out the sun for years. Crops die, animals die. When there's minimal resources around the only ones that are going to survive are the small creatures. Even the Pygmy T-Rexes struggle to survive but they're offspring may be small enough to survive and together they create another even smaller subspecies.

Travel forward a few million years and now the sea levels are rising. Creatures are trying to get to high ground. Low level vegetation is getting wiped out by constant floods. Only creatures that can reach the high up vegetation are going to survive. The Brontosaurus would be good in this concept but they were big and slow so they were wiped out by the meteor strike that killed off most of the large animals. Over millions of years these T-Rex sub-species have been slowly mutating. There's been hundreds of different mutations and the pointless mutations (smaller arms, three legs, etc) have all died out because they were useless, but some mutations (longer arms, ability to climb trees, wings) survived because they were useful.

Fast forward to today where the Sabre-tooth Tiger and the Wooli Mammoth have both gone extinct from humans hunting them and low food sources, and with animals being hunted and controlled by humans, the only animals that survive are the ones small enough for us to ignore.

That's evolution.
I don't know if you believe it or not but if we evolved from apes, how come there are still apes today?

Status
Not open for further replies.