The Will Hopoate Thread - 200k or 200nay

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You've got no clue buddy. I guess you can rate players better than NSW selectors. Hoppa was very ordinary this year and still made origin. Very smart and Great signing for the dogs. Guarantee you'll eat your words of him in 2016!
lol no clue right, how did origin work out for hopoate this year?
why has he only scored 7 tries 2 years whilst on 850k
why has he been listed as being on his last chance in the nrl by many judges in the nrl
ffs parra offered him 200k and thats saying something seeing as though theyve got watmough on 900

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
lol no clue right, how did origin work out for hopoate this year?
why has he only scored 7 tries 2 years whilst on 850k
why has he been listed as being on his last chance in the nrl by many judges in the nrl
ffs parra offered him 200k and thats saying something seeing as though theyve got watmough on 900
To be fair, Parra having Watmough on massive overs is the same story.

Sandow, Hoppa, Watmough (potentially Scott/Foran) they do it over and over.

Hoppa isn't old like Watmough. He won't be on ANYWHERE NEAR 850k if he signs with us.

He also won't be fighting with management about his money being owed like a lot of Parra players have.

So he would be mentally happy at least.

Hopefully played in the right position and surrounded with far better players as a roster and staff.

Not saying he's a gun. He's been pretty average for Parra at best. He was a gun at Manly.

If we can get the Manly days out of him on the wing for 200-300k I'd take a punt. Least you know he has it in him. Perrett is only getting worse (was a good player before age and size caught up).

That said Phillips looks pretty handy too.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
instead of wasting money on hoppa we should just put a little faith in tyrone phillips in first grade way cheaper and wants to be here.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
instead of wasting money on hoppa we should just put a little faith in tyrone phillips in first grade way cheaper and wants to be here.
Would be nice to have both options. Thus far Hoppa has shown far more in his career and he is 2 years older and had time out of the game...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des loves Perrett. I would say Lafai is the biggest chance of being dropped if Hoppa comes. Honestly I think people are way too harsh on Perrett as well, most of the problems that look like Perrett problems are actually caused by Lafai.

I think Lafai is way too concerned with his physique and hairstyle and it effects his form. I like the guy, but fark me, he is so vain. Just check out his social media.
Perrett's biggest problem isn't mainly his decision making, it's just the simple fact that almost every single other first grade winger outclasses him physically and in terms of skill. Lafai was horrible this year but he deserves another chance whereas Perrett's only way is down from here on in, he has no potential to get better and can only get worse, he isn't physically cut out for the NRL anymore considering the size and skill of most wingers these days and we are basically the only club who would have him. He hasn't got speed, nor silky ball skills nor is he a battering ram. There isn't a single winger that has less potential than him in the NRL and yet we apparently re-signed him for 2 years, it's beyond stupid when players like Daniel Tupou were on the market earlier this year. I don't buy into the belief that we couldn't fit another Rona-esque winger into our team considering we haven't made a major marquee signing for years minus B.Morris, whereas other teams like the Warriors have snapped up RTS and I.Luke for next season.

Not to mention we've lost Pritchard, Hodkinson this year and we never truly replaced our only superstar in Barba after 2013.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah good points. Hard to argue with that. He probably doesn't have any potential to improve but he's not totally shit house.

I agree that resigning for two years is way too long. I wish we hadn't done that.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des loves Perrett. I would say Lafai is the biggest chance of being dropped if Hoppa comes. Honestly I think people are way too harsh on Perrett as well, most of the problems that look like Perrett problems are actually caused by Lafai.

I think Lafai is way too concerned with his physique and hairstyle and it effects his form. I like the guy, but fark me, he is so vain. Just check out his social media.
Haha so true. It's not about how good you play but whether your hairstyle stays in tact after each tackle!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone on fb said they saw hoppa walking around in a dog's hat.
Could be a troll, but don't think I've seen him training with the Eels

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone told me they saw Hoppa patting a bulldog at Paul Keating Park

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was hoping the rumours of Hoppa coming over weren't true but it seems more likely that he will be joining us since there isn't any news of him signing with any other clubs. Im one his biggest critics but i'll be happy to be proven wrong if he comes over and performs beyond expectations. Just pissed that there are gun players like Dylan Walker available but we'd rather go after a dud like hoppa.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was hoping the rumours of Hoppa coming over weren't true but it seems more likely that he will be joining us since there isn't any news of him signing with any other clubs. Im one his biggest critics but i'll be happy to be proven wrong if he comes over and performs beyond expectations. Just pissed that there are gun players like Dylan Walker available but we'd rather go after a dud like hoppa.
Its very frustrating how we ignore the good players like wAlker/elgey/roberts

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're not gonna hear anything legit until the court case is resolved. Until then take everything you see on the Internet as hearsay.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone told me they saw Hoppa patting a bulldog at Paul Keating Park
His fathers solicitors daughters ex-boyfriends nephews dog once got mounted by a british bulldog.

He has definitely signed

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
hoppa has been having sex doggie style...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go for Dylan pill popper walker first
can play multiple positions and got attacking flair in him

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Hoppa signs with you blokes, I'll be happy to fly down, hire a vespa and drop him off to your club myself:-)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Hoppa signs with you blokes, I'll be happy to fly down, hire a vespa and drop him off to your club myself:-)
Youll be saying the same about foran after your club ruins him as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.