Matty Johns show on our halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone see Jaelen Feeney kill it for newcastle in the NSW cup preliminary final vs mounties? got a hat trick in the first half. Used to be with us in 20s if i remember correctly?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd knock the door of Kane elgeys manager down ASAP. Play Chisholm there next year and then pounce of elgey hard

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hodko was playing for a contract, thus the increase in form.

Cook and Chisholm MIGHT be options, and that allows Lichaa to slot back in at hooker.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Those ***** aren't geniuses. A blind man in Turkmenistan can see our halves are shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hodko was playing for a contract, thus the increase in form.

Cook and Chisholm MIGHT be options, and that allows Lichaa to slot back in at hooker.
Seriously, we aren't going to win shit for another 4-5 years if we are lucky. So throw all the young guys together and leave them in their positions

1. Cook
4. Mbye
6. Graham
7. Chisholm
9. Lichaa

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
our halves would look 100% better if our backs got deeper, with this flat style you can't really throw a cut out ball or hit a guy with the ball who has a head of steam up because there's 8 or 9 other guys standing between you and him....with the backs deeper Reynolds has no need to run sideways either or throw a big harbour bridge pass up high and over the sideline trying to cut out a few players to hit an outside team mate in space

I want this and line speed in defence.... I'm sick of our defensive line just standing there waiting for the opposition to come to them, we put no pressure on teams with our defence

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm willing to give these guys the off-season to get their shit together.

Reynolds had a disrupted season with injuries and suspensions and never really got to string a large number of games together, while Mbye is still freaking young and experienced. Mbye is going to improve out of sight come Round 1 next year... only thing that worries me with Mbye is all this contract talk.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm willing to give these guys the off-season to get their shit together.

Reynolds had a disrupted season with injuries and suspensions and never really got to string a large number of games together, while Mbye is still freaking young and experienced. Mbye is going to improve out of sight come Round 1 next year... only thing that worries me with Mbye is all this contract talk.
There is nothing that i want to see more is that our halfs to kill it but the truth is there not good enought ,we need a half that can kick and put the pressure on the other teams get repeat sets

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbyes contract ends next year so he's going to have to play out of his skin to get a renew. Reynolds is kinda like that alcoholic relative, whens he's sober he's great but when he relapses you dont want him around.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The problem is that both Reynolds and Mbye are 5/8's who rely on a halfback directing the team while they both play off that. We need an actual halfback to play in the 7 with either Reynolds at 6 with Mbye in the 1 or to put Mbye in the 6 and release Reynolds.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who the **** would agree with the shite that dribbles out of Matty Johns's gob.
He's a Johns for **** sake.
He probably also agrees that his allleged pill popping, alleged enhanced drug testing dodger brother should be an immortal.
Johns (M) sells media and sensationalism and the first thing that springs to his comical mind.
They'll probably turn out the best combination of the season and Johns will say - they have improved.
Bring back the biff Matty - and start with an uppercut to yourself !!

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He probably also agrees that his allleged pill popping, alleged enhanced drug testing dodger brother should be an immortal.
Johns (M) sells media and sensationalism and the first thing that springs to his comical mind.
They'll probably turn out the best combination of the season and Johns will say - they have improved.
So you disagree and think that our halves are not the issue?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Andrew Johns is already an immortal

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs are in the same situation like the NSW Blues have been for the last 10 years.

Shit halves with only 1 series in the 10 years. If only we fluked a premiership over the last 10 years

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the only series win was thanks to Hayne and we almost did it with Barba in 2012 but it was not ment to be

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you disagree and think that our halves are not the issue?
Everyone has their views in the Bulldog halves. Not long ago people thought Mbye was the new messiah and they were calling for Hoddo's head.
People listen to Matty Johns like peple listen to Ray Hadley and Alan Jones. Some people hang on their words.

I'm not sure what you mean by are halves are not the issue. John's has made them the issue yet it is easy to make them so.

I don't think they are the issue and believe they will stand up next year. Their combination has been hardly tested for peats sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.