Matty Johns show on our halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They believe with mbye and Reynolds as halves we are ****ed. Sad to say it's true. One tries to kill people and the other is a guy who has no idea what to do.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Have to agree with what they said. next year is going to be a long year.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What happened to Reynolds he was a great player and now his gone down hill and mbye well under presure he failed

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
What happened to Reynolds he was a great player and now his gone down hill and mbye well under presure he failed
He was never a great player mate. just plays with a lot of energy, he has the worse kicking/passing game of any half in the nrl.
you cant even really call it a passing or kicking game, its just embarrassing.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He was never a great player mate. just plays with a lot of energy, he has the worse kicking/passing game of any half in the nrl.
I'm talking about 2012/13 He was involved in everthing created a lot of line breaks try assists our second phase play was killing every other team

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I already said Mbye is nothing more than a glorified centre.

Josh is a better 6 but you need a really good 7 to match him up.

I am also of the opinion with the game moving forward we cannot have Tolman, Lichaa & Graham playing together. There is no go forward or impact and it's just all defence. Makes it alot easier to nullify your impact players like Kasiano & Klemmer especially if they are not on the field at the same time.

It will definitely be a veryyyy long season next year

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I'm talking about 2012/13 He was involved in everthing created a lot of line breaks try assists our second phase play was killing every other team
you just answered your own question. we don't play with that style of play anymore because teams worked out how to defend that easily.
in 2012 there were lots of offloads and tip on that let him run into gaps, he NEVER had a good kicking or passing game. He is a runner.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We are going to rue the loss of hodko next year,
And all the haters will now turn their attention to mbye
Truth is, i am beginning to agree with those looking at des as the issue,
I still want him as our coach, but he has to not be so stubborn. And look at other playing styles

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
you just answered your own question. we don't play with that style of play anymore because teams worked out how to defend that easily.
in 2012 there were lots of offloads and tip on that let him run into gaps, he NEVER had a good kicking or passing game. He is a runner.
I know we changed our style of play but he was a good player even if he didn't have the best kicking game

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We are going to rue the loss of hodko next year,
And all the haters will now turn their attention to mbye
Truth is, i am beginning to agree with those looking at des as the issue,
I still want him as our coach, but he has to not be so stubborn. And look at other playing styles
Hodko had his chance to prove his worth resigning but look at what happened he played shit for the first 16 rounds and when he signed with newcastle he started to play better

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all know. Even the ones who don't want to admit it.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I know we changed our style of play but he was a good player even if he didn't have the best kicking game
what do you define a good player? how can you be a good half yet you have the worse kicking/passing game in the whole Nrl.
passion can only get you so far, you need to have skill in the basics of the half position. Other than his running game he has nothing, even his running game has gone down hill because he isn't playing direct anymore.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how hard can it be to kick a ball ? bloody hell I see 11 year olds do it .. and do it very well

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
how hard can it be to kick a ball ? bloody hell I see 11 year olds do it .. and do it very well
at 26 years of age, kicking and passing fulltime at training and still shit at it. go figure.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We got two 5/8's and everyone knows it. Moses always said he wanted to be a 5/8, he only changed that when Hodko signed elsewhere. But in the first half of the season Mbye/Reynolds was the combo most people wanted to see. Anyway Moses may not even sign with us so it could only be a one year combo.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
what do you define a good player? how can you be a good half yet you have the worse kicking/passing game in the whole Nrl.
passion can only get you so far, you need to have skill in the basics of the half position. Other than his running game he has nothing, even his running game has gone down hill because he isn't playing direct anymore.
I put him with Blake Austin

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they both can improve though we are going to find out next year no arguments as many as there will be our starting halves next year round one barring injury will be Reynolds n mbye.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blake is a much stronger runner, passer and kicker.
Blake and jack bird are pretty much bigger stronger and more skilled Josh Reynolds. It's like Josh Reynolds mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.