Now I understand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe the hatred people have for the bulldogs fans..

On Saturday afternoon I went to work and put on my sons football club jacket, it has 'bulldog's' printed on the back , WOW, it got misinterpreted for 'please tell me about how bad the bulldogs fans are You're opinion is very important to me'

I can't imagine what it wouldve been like in the coffs Harbour days

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people love to hate us wolfie, im not sure the exact reason, think we are like the cool kid at school who just didnt give a fuk about who liked them or not cause they always had a million friends, lol they all just jelly of us.

nothing better than being a bulldog, sad thing for all others is they dnt understand.
the media have done their very best to continue to create a bad rep for the club and the simple minds of the world eat up anything in the papers or on the idiot box as gospel :D

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've come to realise your skin just gets a little thicker. The more they hate us the more united we become!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
awesome responses , sounds like you guys have been there .. can't thumb you up though as my thumb Thingy isn't active

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love it. its part of the sales speech, one of the best parts about following the club is that people hate you for it :grinning: the narrow minds of some makes for a small amount of entertainment at times.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I must admit I have had opposite experiences. Bulldog fans are everywhere. Having said that I am a big guy and maybe the haters prefer to confront a woman.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite response when people find out I am a dogs fan is the "but your not a lebbo!" dead set, at least 80% of the time this is what I get, I used to just laugh it off, but now, I get angry, and point out the club has been around for 80 yrs, has a wide array of supporters, and frankly it is just more than a bit racist to say those things.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We notice it because we wear the gear etc. But i'm sure fans of other teams cop it as well (as much as us? Probably not on average, but Manly and Roosters fans surely must cop a bit). Surely we have all heckled an opposing fan as some stage or another, especially at work.

Like Allan notes, I get more positive banter than negative. Last Friday, I popped out of the office wearing my members cap for about an hour and did the "nod" or smiled at at least half a dozen other dogs fans (and this was at Westfield Chermside, a suburban shopping centre in Brisbane).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite response when people find out I am a dogs fan is the "but your not a lebbo!" dead set, at least 80% of the time this is what I get, I used to just laugh it off, but now, I get angry, and point out the club has been around for 80 yrs, has a wide array of supporters, and frankly it is just more than a bit racist to say those things.
Yeah, i've had the "wog dogs" and rapists thing a bit in Sydney, but not really here in Brisbane. We don't really have the whole anti-lebbo thing up here.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
to be honest, living in Brisbane i thought it would be worst here, but its actually not.

majority hates all Sydney teams equally, BUT

EVERY ONE HERE HATES MANLY.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
to be honest, living in Brisbane i thought it would be worst here, but its actually not.

majority hates all Sydney teams equally, BUT

EVERY ONE HERE HATES MANLY.
One thing that actually surprised me up here was that, despite the blanket media coverage that i would estimate is 80% Broncos, 10% Cows, 5% Titans and 5% the rest, a LOT of Brisbanites don't follow the Broncos. They aren't really hated, but many just kept following the teams they always did before the Broncs were a boardroom idea.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Obviously in the past we have had a lot of grubs call themselves dogs fans when in fact they just hang out with dogs fans or live in the bankstown region and tarnished our club.

Now though I think we have cleaned them out don't really notice them at games anymore

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have best mates who won't come with me to the footy because "Bulldogs fans are violent".

Unfortunately I think a few have forever ruined it for everyone. Remember when our "fans" would vandalise trains after games? Every act of violence with doggies gear on gets tonnes of publicity too, this just goes to further the stereotype.

Plus throw in a bit of good old Australian racism ... I still get asked why I am a doggies fan because I am not lebanese all the time.

Seriously stuff them. We all know our club really is, and we won't let a few morons ruin it for us.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have best mates who won't come with me to the footy because "Bulldogs fans are violent".

Unfortunately I think a few have forever ruined it for everyone. Remember when our "fans" would vandalise trains after games? Every act of violence with doggies gear on gets tonnes of publicity too, this just goes to further the stereotype.

Plus throw in a bit of good old Australian racism ... I still get asked why I am a doggies fan because I am not lebanese all the time.

Seriously stuff them. We all know our club really is, and we won't let a few morons ruin it for us.

I never got asked "why am i a doggies fan because i am not Lebanese?" :(

I wonder why.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never got asked "why am i a doggies fan because i am not Lebanese?" :(

I wonder why.
I'm going to make the same suggestion here as I did on another thread yesterday. You would be amazed the responses you would get if one of you put up a 'Why I'm a Doggie', or something like that thread. I get asked why I put up with everything that I do with the Eels, why I don't change to another club that wins. For me it's easy. I was born and raised in the Eels district, so I'll always be an Eel. My wife was born and raised in Yagoona, so I married a Doggie.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lebos always carried a bad name and just cause they support the dogs the Bulldogs got a bad name it's the minority's that ruined it for everyone but how cares if people hate or like us we are the mighty bulldogs

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over the years if ive watched a game at a pub or public venue, you will always here some one say "wog dog terrorist rapists "
Now ive never raped , terrorized anyone .im guilty of being a wog though and I also couldn't give a fukk what ***** say best thing to do is ignore. Now saying that some people probably have been provoked to a point of snapping and cant really blame them for lashing out as there is a breaking point. We also have our fair share of fukkwit fans that go looking for trouble also like any club its just not restricted to us

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get it often in the office comments like "hope you guys lose cause I don't like your kind". Problem is if I said the same thing I would probably be charge with verbal abuse or get saked

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People are pretty unimaginative you get the rapist thing & the salary cap thing ALOT, for some reason though they forget about similar things like Melbourne, Matty johns, Ferguson etc..

gee it was fun back when the whole Coffs thing blew up as the mole who made the false accusations was originally from my town, you'd be out walking the dogs and have stuff thrown at you out of cars while crossing the road, endless abuse and who knows how many old women give you a lecture about how terrible the dogs were if you were unlucky enough to get stuck next to one at the super market.... Not to mention the constant smart arse comments from people behind the counter in shops and servos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.