Assuming Cook continues to play well, what happens to Reynolds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tough call ..
Reynolds brings experience and passion, but at the same time penalties and mistakes.
Reynolds brings attacking kicks, but at the same time brain explosions.

Hodko - needed for goal kicking.
Mbye - after last 2 weeks is hitting form nicely.

I think it's Cooks position to lose. If he has a shocker in the next 2 weeks whilst Reynolds is injured, we may see Reynolds enter the side.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep a four forward bench with Jacko being our utility and play the only fulltime hooker in the squad at hooker, which is Cook. Reynolds can wait until next year.

We ALL know that's not going to happen.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tough call ..
Reynolds brings experience and passion, but at the same time penalties and mistakes.
Reynolds brings attacking kicks, but at the same time brain explosions.

Hodko - needed for goal kicking.
Mbye - after last 2 weeks is hitting form nicely.

I think it's Cooks position to lose. If he has a shocker in the next 2 weeks whilst Reynolds is injured, we may see Reynolds enter the side.
Why does Reynolds always get injured when he is suspended?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok im not a reynolds hater but I don't think he should be an automatic selection. With his suspensions and what not im not really sure if he deserves a place in the top squad.
As others have stated if it aint broke......

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Graham and Tolman can both play big minutes, we don't need 3 props on the bench. Having a utility on the bench for the finals will very valuable. Last thing we want is to lose a finals game because a back got injured and we couldn't fill the void and recover.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cook has to stay , his energy and vision is the x-factor we've been looking for since 2013. Reynolds is similar but is maglined and targeted by refs and players .

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Graham and Tolman can both play big minutes, we don't need 3 props on the bench. Having a utility on the bench for the finals will very valuable. Last thing we want is to lose a finals game because a back got injured and we couldn't fill the void and recover.
I 100% agree with this.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jacko can cover most positions and Lane can take Jackos spot.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think its highly likely that Tim Browne will be rested. Reynolds can take his spot. He can cover for lock or 2nd row.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Except we don't need Graham and Tolman pumping out massive minutes. It takes away from our power game and intensity. Jackson is also a forward untility and he does a fair job. No need for Reynolds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think its highly likely that Tim Browne will be rested. Reynolds can take his spot. He can cover for lock or 2nd row.
Lock or second row? How the **** does Josh cover lock or second ****ing row? Serously?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol I'd like to know that also
I give up lol, unfortunately he will some how find his way into the team so ill just pray he does not have a negative impact on the side...

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah we cant risk that happening. All the hard work in the season comes to nothing when a player goes down. We've got players to cover the forwards and fullback but if one of our halves or hooker gets injured it will a have a bigger impact on our attack. Reynolds can cover 5/8, Half-Back, hooker even play on the wing if Rona or Perret leave the field. I still wonder what wouldve happened if Patten didnt get injured in the 2009 finals against the eels.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We all know the answer, Reynolds straight back into the side with Cook gone again. This is Des we are talking about. Even though Reynolds can't tackle and has errors through his game he would prance straight back in. Sorry to say!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Except we don't need Graham and Tolman pumping out massive minutes.
Just because they can, doesn't mean they will. And who says Klemmer, Kas and Browne will get less minutes with a 3 prop bench? If anything they'll play more minutes

We lose nothing with Lloyd out of the squad imo.

No need for Reynolds.
in your world maybe

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs have been playing great football since Reynolds was forced out through injury... I hope Des continues selecting Cook and leaving Reynolds out. Form over experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.