Please help me understand!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
I joined this discussion group as a 35 year Bulldogs supporter! I understand that everybody on here has there own personal opinion and that we as supporters won't always agree.

However I am bemused by the lack of respect on this forum by some "you know who you are" for other doggies supporters who come on this forum for a chat and an exchange of views only to be belittled!

I love the doggies and always will and support the exchange of views and opinions however I deplore the way some on this forum criticise and ridicule the view of other forum members!

Let's exchange ideas and opinions without ridicule and abuse!

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Bring it up to the moderators in each future instance.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bring it up to the moderators in each future instance.
Don't really won't to be one of those members, just thought it be better for members to think before they speak.

We won't always agree however we will always be doggies, blue and white forever!!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Plenty of keyboard warriors around here mate. Always has been and always will be. We need more people like you. But to be honest if everyone was all nice then most of the entertainment would be gone. It's not all about having a cup of tea and a chin wag about footy. Sometimes it's good to have tinny or 6 and give it to people like Mr I instead. It's what makes this place what it is.

Some of my fondest memories on here came from people that have been banned!

Most people don't mean it. They just want attention.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I joined this discussion group as a 35 year Bulldogs supporter! I understand that everybody on here has there own personal opinion and that we as supporters won't always agree.

However I am bemused by the lack of respect on this forum by some "you know who you are" for other doggies supporters who come on this forum for a chat and an exchange of views only to be belittled!

I love the doggies and always will and support the exchange of views and opinions however I deplore the way some on this forum criticise and ridicule the view of other forum members!

I think the mods are pretty good at picking up on these type of posters but I guess there will always be the ones that escape detection.
I can think of a couple of posters on here that constantly post negative opinions , they shit me but I've learnt to just scroll past their posts

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

And welcome to the kennel

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Hi CD,

I think I can help you here. I note you've been here a little over a year. A transient poster who reads much and contributes occasionally. I was a bit the same when I started here. Took a bit for me to dive in feet first after an introduction that had me feeling a bit similar to you.

You see, in order to understand The Kennel and how it operates, a few ground rules of thought need to be laid down to prepare your brain for what it's about to be subjected to.

1st : Lets get to grips with what we're dealing with : From humble and good-intentioned beginnings, The Kennel is now a 24hour, non-stop, living, breathing, BEAST with it's own pulse and hunger demands. It's been alive for 10 years. It's been a battle-ground for a dozen scandals of varying size. When shit hits the fan, approx 1500 signed-up users will flood this place at any given time. On a slow day, 300 might 'sign-in'. Add 3-4 times as many lurkers.

It's not an 'official' site. It does not report directly to anyone.
That being said, we are all equally passionate (good or bad) about the same cause. We love the Bulldogs.

At any tick of a clock, if the Bulldogs so decided, they could start their own forum (and over recent years they kind of did, ie: Facebook pages, etc), but for 10+years now they've been happy to allow us our space to exist.

The mods here, are unpaid volunteers who take it upon themselves to proactively extinguish spot-fires that could land the club in trouble via the media. Compared to other forums, we allow the reign to be 'very' loose.

2nd : Throw logic out the window. Logic and tact, by and large have NO place here. I can save you months (if not years) of irritation, if you simply allow yourself to begin on the right foot. So from now, expect masses of illogical rantings from a multitude of sources. It's just a 'given'. For some this is an information source, for others it's a giant playground. Some come here to consume info. Some come here to escape.

Don't get me wrong. It's not all shitfights and outrage. There's plenty of posters here who have the ability to debate and converse with a level of civility, and you will see it from time to time. There's also a handful of posters who's content will have you giggling for days. But you'd be guaranteeing yourself an aneurysm if you come here with the mindset that you can expect sanity all the time here. Simply put, not everyone comes here with the same motivation or agenda.

3rd : The best analogy I can come up with is this - The Kennel is like 10pm on a Friday night at the local pub, but for people who don't have the ability to see. Loads of people, but no one can see each other. Lots of loud voices, in lots of directions, all trying to be heard or carry on their individual chats, who ALL sound like they've had a skinfull of beer.

Some voices you recognise immediately and gravitate to.
Some voices will get on your nerves and you'll wanna avoid.

Eventually, if you come here enough, you'll learn what works for you. You come here, find a nice stool to park yourself on and keep an ear out for those voices you like.

Finally : I'm not sure how often you traverse the interwebs, but I'm gonna take a punt and say this is probably one of the first 'forums' you've attached yourself to. 13 or so years ago I began my journey online into music forums. There I was with my egalitarian attitudes and forthright opinions, but what I've learned is that these types of places are better if you simply treat it like a giant ball-pit for adults.

Your well considered arguments can (and will) be shot down in flames for no other reason than "TL;DR" (and I'm willing to bet some smart arse will post exactly the same in the next 10-12 posts after I've done this). Your sexuality, intelligence and honesty will be questioned without reason. And when all else fails you might get told something like "Tits or GTFO !".

Welcome to The Kennel

Toilets are up the hall on the left ... :thumb:

Regards
CK.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Hi CD,

I think I can help you here. I note you've been here a little over a year. A transient poster who reads much and contributes occasionally. I was a bit the same when I started here. Took a bit for me to dive in feet first after an introduction that had me feeling a bit similar to you.

You see, in order to understand The Kennel and how it operates, a few ground rules of thought need to be laid down to prepare your brain for what it's about to be subjected to.

1st : Lets get to grips with what we're dealing with : From humble and good-intentioned beginnings, The Kennel is now a 24hour, non-stop, living, breathing, BEAST with it's own pulse and hunger demands. It's been alive for 10 years. It's been a battle-ground for a dozen scandals of varying size. When shit hits the fan, approx 1500 signed-up users will flood this place at any given time. On a slow day, 300 might 'sign-in'. Add 3-4 times as many lurkers.

That being said, we are all equally passionate (good or bad) about the same cause. We love the Bulldogs.

At any tick of a clock, if the Bulldogs so decided, they could start their own forum (and over recent years they kind of did, ie: Facebook pages, etc), but for 10+years now they've been happy to allow us our space to exist.

The mods here, are unpaid volunteers who take it upon themselves to proactively extinguish spot-fires that could land the club in trouble via the media. Compared to other forums, we allow the reign to be 'very' loose.

2nd : Throw logic out the window. Logic and tact, by and large have NO place here. I can save you months (if not years) of irritation, if you simply allow yourself to begin on the right foot. So from now, expect masses of illogical rantings from a multitude of sources. It's just a 'given'. For some this is an information source, for others it's a giant playground. Some come here to consume info. Some come here to escape.

Don't get me wrong. It's not all shitfights and outrage. There's plenty of posters here who have the ability to debate and converse with a level of civility, and you will see it from time to time. There's also a handful of posters who's content will have you giggling for days. But you'd be guaranteeing yourself an aneurysm if you come here with the mindset that you can expect sanity all the time here. Simply put, not everyone comes here with the same motivation or agenda.

3rd : The best analogy I can come up with is this - The Kennel is like 10pm on a Friday night at the local pub, but for people who don't have the ability to see. Loads of people, but no one can see each other. Lots of loud voices, in lots of directions, all trying to be heard or carry on their individual chats, who ALL sound like they've had a skinfull of beer.

Eventually, if you come here enough, you'll learn what works for you. You come here, find a nice stool to park yourself on and keep an ear out for those voices you like.

Finally : I'm not sure how often you traverse the interwebs, but I'm gonna take a punt and say this is probably one of the first 'forums' you've attached yourself to. 13 or so years ago I began my journey online into music forums. There I was with my egalitarian attitudes and forthright opinions, but what I've learned is that these types of places are better if you simply treat it like a giant ball-pit for adults.

Your well considered arguments can (and will) be shot down in flames for no other reason than "TL;DR" (and I'm willing to bet some smart arse will post exactly the same in the next 10-12 posts after I've done this). Your sexuality, intelligence and honesty will be questioned without reason. And when all else fails you might get told something like "Tits or GTFO !".

Welcome to The Kennel

Regards
CK.
BTrainBen? ;)

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Used to be a lot worse. but there are still a few that cant help themselves. prob roid rage, or small penis syndrome

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi CD,

Welcome to The Kennel

Regards
CK.
I'm sure this is a good novel but I think I'll wait for the movie.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time, a quote just within this post has high lighted exactly your point.

Cheers CD

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly it's a mix of things. There are many troublesome people who you can ignore or avoid, or report to the mods if they're too abusive.

Other times it's just a case of us playing with each other 'cause we know each other so well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Used to be a lot worse. but there are still a few that cant help themselves. prob roid rage, or small penis syndrome
But i don't take roids and i no longer have a small penis after i saw that add that states "18 year old learns shocking secret to monster cock growth"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There are some morons but the clear majority are good, no wait great people.

My thread proves it.

PS many of us are passionate about our team, of course there will be disagreements here and there.

PPS I love ripping into trolls, not normal members lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fkn classic rant CK. And right on the money. Should be in the site's T&Cs.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Learning who the Kennellers are helps - eg: the trolls, the nice ones, the jokers.

Two Kennellers might start arguing with each other about something, absolutely bagging each other out, but actually be good friends - either in person or over the internet. But then other Kennellers get drawn in, defending one or the other and they don't realise they are being played.

And in this thread - JacobShade made a post after CK, indicating he couldn't be bothered reading CK's post. But JacobShade (in my opinion) is a decent Kenneller, and he was just joking. I have no doubt he read everything CK wrote. But then there might be someone else who writes TL: DR who is less than pleasant and couldn't be bothered reading a long post (more fool them, because CK writes decent stuff).

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There are some morons but the clear majority are good, no wait great people.

My thread proves it.

PS many of us are passionate about our team, of course there will be disagreements here and there.

PPS I love ripping into trolls, not normal members lol
Haha that's for sure just read Assassin's post for a bit and you will work out pretty quickly who is serious and who is a troll. The phrase potty mouth was created with Assassin in mind haha.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Learning who the Kennellers are helps - eg: the trolls, the nice ones, the jokers.

Two Kennellers might start arguing with each other about something, absolutely bagging each other out, but actually be good friends - either in person or over the internet. But then other Kennellers get drawn in, defending one or the other and they don't realise they are being played.

And in this thread - JacobShade made a post after CK, indicating he couldn't be bothered reading CK's post. But JacobShade (in my opinion) is a decent Kenneller, and he was just joking. I have no doubt he read everything CK wrote. But then there might be someone else who writes TL: DR who is less than pleasant and couldn't be bothered reading a long post (more fool them, because CK writes decent stuff).
You guys have been more then helpful and I appreciate your input I will ensure I taken onboard all your advice.

Cheers

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Also pro tip. Don't pay attention to the thumbs up/down system.

I usually view this forum from my phone so I can't see them but I remember the first time I logged on through a PC and saw I had 40 something thumbs downs.. I was like whaaaa? You bastards I'm usually pretty beige in here. I got all personally offended and then realised it was the same bloke that had found everyone of my posts to that point in time and for whatever reason down thumbed them all.

And this is the part I learnt my lesson:

I got to about the 16th past post of his that I had tracked down and down thumbed and my missus asked me what I was doing on the laptop. I looked up at thought about the question for a second and said "as I closed the laptop" Nothing.!

Status
Not open for further replies.