Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL / NSWRL / NYC Team Lists and Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We were fûcking atrocious tonight. We were our own worst enemies as usual and its fûcking infuriating watching us beat ourselves.
The basic problems were
KLEMMER ORIGIN HANGOVER:
Klemmer was responsible for the game turning and we never got back in control. After weathering the early Broncos onslaught we were on top and Reynolds just missed out on scoring from a chip and chase. Enter Klemmer with a terrible cutout pass which leads to a mistake. He then gives away a defensive penalty and Thaiday scores next set. Game over.
There was also one moment in the 2nd half when there was a loose ball after a charged down kick and he didn't even attempt to dive on it, he literally waited for them to pick it up.

STUPID MISTAKES AND PENALTIES:
How often are we going to kill ourselves with dumb mistakes. Knock on from a scrum, Mbye blocking Morris from getting back in field of play, running sideways and getting forced out, running on the last with nothing doing and expecting Morris or Jackson to kick. When is Des going to beat this shit out of them?

GRAHAM DILEMMA:
I love him to death and he is our best player but ffs dude, stop trying to be a playmaker every ****ing time. He threw about 4 terrible passes that just went behind his support player. Yes that was effective a few years ago but our form over the past few weeks was on the back of steering alway from our forward dominated playmaking and tonight when we needed a spark it wasn't going to come from him. I feel he hindered us a lot tonight.

LAFAI NEEDS A NSW CUP STINT
Has not had much this year. Has lost his attacking instinct and all lateral movement. He cost us 2 tries. One where he rushed up in defence for their first try and when he couldn't ground it with an open line.

KICKING
Our kicking game is shit. I genuinely believe they have been told not to try for repeat sets due to risk if 7 tackle set.

BMOZ WASTED AND NO SECOND PHASE PLAY
Can anyone remember one play where Morris was used on the end of a backline movement? I can't remember one. I also can't remember one effective offload.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were fûcking atrocious tonight. We were our own worst enemies as usual and its fûcking infuriating watching us beat ourselves.
The basic problems were
KLEMMER ORIGIN HANGOVER:
Klemmer was responsible for the game turning and we never got back in control. After weathering the early Broncos onslaught we were on top and Reynolds just missed out on scoring from a chip and chase. Enter Klemmer with a terrible cutout pass which leads to a mistake. He then gives away a defensive penalty and Thaiday scores next set. Game over.
There was also one moment in the 2nd half when there was a loose ball after a charged down kick and he didn't even attempt to dive on it, he literally waited for them to pick it up.

How often are we going to kill ourselves with dumb mistakes. Knock on from a scrum, Mbye blocking Morris from getting back in field of play, running sideways and getting forced out, running on the last with nothing doing and expecting Morris or Jackson to kick. When is Des going to beat this shit out of them?

GRAHAM DILEMMA:
I love him to death and he is our best player but ffs dude, stop trying to be a playmaker every ****ing time. He threw about 4 terrible passes that just went behind his support player. Yes that was effective a few years ago but our form over the past few weeks was on the back of steering alway from our forward dominated playmaking and tonight when we needed a spark it wasn't going to come from him. I feel he hindered us a lot tonight.

Has not had much this year. Has lost his attacking instinct and all lateral movement. He cost us 2 tries. One where he rushed up in defence for their first try and when he couldn't ground it with an open line.

KICKING
Our kicking game is shit. I genuinely believe they have been told not to try for repeat sets due to risk if 7 tackle set.

Can anyone remember one play where Morris was used on the end of a backline movement? I can't remember one. I also can't remember one effective offload.
Spot on ,our players look over paid and lethargic ,we fired up against the storm,where was that energy??

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The basic problems were
KLEMMER ORIGIN HANGOVER:

GRAHAM DILEMMA:

KICKING

Like i said before, Graham is back so we revert to a forward dominated game plan. It is nothing but clunky, sideway play. Just shit footy, Des needs to go back to developing a game with our halves running the show and bit sitting them on an edge all game

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Speedy I owe you an apology mate....Lafai is shit house lol

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
We need our big ****ing monster props to run as hard as they can into the defensive line...like pretty much every other team in te NRL. For such a huge pack, they play like ****ing pansies half the time.

I did notice that every other team attacks/rushes our kickers...yet we never pressure the opposition. I feel it's fear from the Bad Friday game...

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To much forwards getting there hands on the ball in bad position. Every forward is in position to catch the ball but no was running decoys or anything forcing the play sideways and leaving halves and backs with zero space

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How we played against Canberra in attack was amazing

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think some of our big name players are overrated, I dare not mention names as it would be seen as treason

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of our big name players are overrated, I dare not mention names as it would be seen as treason
Graham overplays his hand. Every man and his dog could see when the halves are in control, we're a better team.

Mbye can't develop if he has to play second fiddle to forwards.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graham overplays his hand. Every man and his dog could see when the halves are in control, we're a better team.

Mbye can't develop if he has to play second fiddle to forwards.
Bingo

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Settle down that's the team coming first, with a mountain of possession and we only lose by one try... Wow some people very hard to pls, take a chill pill it's one game, lost by 8 pts they offered nothing we couldn't handle.. The dogs are right in this, just need a fair share of possession which we didn't get tonight, at home mind you......

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
We CANNOT keep going with tolman and graham on at the same time they are exactly the same player and teams are just smashing them because they run one out and arent big enough to bend the line like kas and have zero offload ability like a parker. They need to sub for each other and have kas klem and browne rotating.
Maybe then we will only burn 1 or two bullshit hitups per set instead of 4

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
L
Settle down that's the team coming first, with a mountain of possession and we only lose by one try... Wow some people very hard to pls, take a chill pill it's one game, lost by 8 pts they offered nothing we couldn't handle.. The dogs are right in this, just need a fair share of possession which we didn't get tonight, at home mind you......
It's going to be very hard from 7 th or 8 th that's why we are pizzed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
L

Im pissed because we were terrible, not because we lost lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of people making threads for half the team complaining about them.. yea we were bad tonight but the preparation was bad . My concern is , is that 2night was a trial for our halves and they failed pretty badly, which means hokko walks straight back in.. I'm not sure what is the best way forward... But blaming every individual player is not gonna achieve anything...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
L

It will be.. But the game against Souths is whats hurt our season most not tonight.. Our play wasn't that bad we just came up against a purely defensive coach in Bennett and his team had more ball, if we had more possession different story

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt get to watch the game as I had other commitements.

Looks like I saved myself from some serious pain and agony.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
watching this after nsw got flogged made this week pretty shit
I usually dont care about nsw losing, but having 5 bulldogs player In the team and getting arse raped was really embarrasing as a dogs fan. .....and now this.

Status
Not open for further replies.