Manly to bring Hasler home to Brookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again I say... This is a BS article with absolutely no ground or substance..

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would he return to the club that ****ed him over....isnt he committed to the dogs...when does his contract end..has he renewed

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
been here for 3 years mate, (this is the fourth)... We made 2 GF's and one of them with a busted roster where we came from the 8th spot (People underestimate that) Folks had on GF in 10 years with much better roster.

Seriously, if any of you doubting Des, and his coaching, then you honestly don't know football.

It takes time to rebuild.
As I said before, rated him as the best coach when he was at manly.
But the style we play is the worst Iv ever seen.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Everyone who puts dymock over des is retarded...wtf is this shit his staying this is all bs...plz close thread
No one said he is better, but everyone starts as a rookie. So you never know, he could be the best, he could be the worst.
Why would they close thread if there is an article about it? This isn't North Korea

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why would he return to the club that ****ed him over....isnt he committed to the dogs...when does his contract end..has he renewed
This + Manly can't provide him what we can both for players and staff and himself.

I don't get the logic of we didn't win the title axe him.

I'll take 2 grand finals and a top 8 finish (in a nightmare year) and one gf with Perrett at bloody fullback over every other clubs bar Bunnies and Storm for taking us out.

Do you blame Des for that? No. Our halves let us down along with Ennis being out in last years.

The Storm had the best 1,7,9 in the game and made it after having all the others ripped off them for cheating.

Rabbitohs in the GF played some amazing football and took 60 minutes to put us away.

FMD if we didn't have Des and we finished 12th, 14th, 9th you lot would be begging to sign Des.

I am hanging and dreaming as much as any for us to hold the title up again though fmd two gfs in 3 year has given me a lot of pleasure and cheering to do.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly is considering a daring plan to go back to the future - by targeting former favourite son Des Hasler.
The Broncos, Sharks and Newcastle have all done it this year, with former coaches Wayne Bennett, Shane Flanagan and Rick Stone returning to their old stomping grounds to rebuild their respective clubs.
RLW can reveal that in a stunning new development, sections of the Manly hierarchy are investigating bringing back Bulldogs coach Hasler to restore the club to the glory days it enjoyed under his eight-year reign.
Under the Tooves regieme Manly havve won two out of eight so far this season. So... its only logical that manly would wany Hasler back. Maybe he would take Hodko with him?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously some of our fans makes it very hard to be a Bulldog... They turn on our club and players like phucking hyenas...

One of the highly achieved coaches in the league isn't good enough, so lets sack him and get a novice, and when that doesn't work lets sack that one again and get Ricky Stuart.

I remember before we signed Des, people on here were blowing their load daily on the prospect of signing Stuart to replace Moore..

We have solid Club, enviable coaching staff, good roster, great captain and one of the best coaches in the league. We were dealt a bad hand in injuries and suspension, and a couple of out of form players that were exposed from the injury and suspension. Before the south Game we were on fire when we had our full roster, we all cheered and celebrated.

We all knew this was going to be bad and testing times...The faithful of us stick together, the others just turn on the the club like hungry hyenas wanting a piece... (and I bet most of them, aren't even members or probably don't even go to the games)...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As I said before, rated him as the best coach when he was at manly.
But the style we play is the worst Iv ever seen.
That's not all Des.

It's also our roster. We have both our 6, 7 horribly out of form. Hodkinson as NEVER and will NEVER be like DCE/Cronk/JT etc though he has made do with what he has.

Hell our fullback other then Barba in 2012 has been an average player in attack to below average (solid defender for Sammy P) until B Morris came along and prior to injury he was making out attack somewhat exciting again.

We are mising Lafai, JMoz, BMoz, Klemmer, Graham and have had Kasiano out too. Throw that to the fact our spine is made up of Pez, Reynolds, Hodko who are either not much in attack or horribly out of form and you could understand why our attack has stunk.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow we have some fans that are hard to please.

In the last 3 years we have gone through the whole Barba debacle and are going through a rough period now with injury/suspensions.

In that period We have not missed the finals and played in 2 Grand Finals!!

Lol @ those saying Hasler should of done better in the last few yours. You're deadset kidding yourselves.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This + Manly can't provide him what we can both for players and staff and himself.

I don't get the logic of we didn't win the title axe him.

I'll take 2 grand finals and a top 8 finish (in a nightmare year) and one gf with Perrett at bloody fullback over every other clubs bar Bunnies and Storm for taking us out.

Do you blame Des for that? No. Our halves let us down along with Ennis being out in last years.

The Storm had the best 1,7,9 in the game and made it after having all the others ripped off them for cheating.

Rabbitohs in the GF played some amazing football and took 60 minutes to put us away.

FMD if we didn't have Des and we finished 12th, 14th, 9th you lot would be begging to sign Des.

I am hanging and dreaming as much as any for us to hold the title up again though fmd two gfs in 3 year has given me a lot of pleasure and cheering to do.
Agree with this..

On the 2014 GF.. That was designed for the SSFC to win... we were there just to complete the numbers.. They were celebrating SS before the ball was kicked tbh.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Has someone not told them that they are 26 days late for April Fools.

Speaking of fools though, it doesn't suprise me to see who the author of this article is.

I .. honestly don't know what else to say, so I let Rick James comment as well.

[video=youtube;udNHsk57f24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24[/video]

Oh and Des is contracted till the END of 2017... By that stage Tooves will have been sacked and replaced with Daniel Anderson already.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Seriously some of our fans makes it very hard to be a Bulldog... They turn on our club and players like phucking hyenas...

One of the highly achieved coaches in the league isn't good enough, so lets sack him and get a novice, and when that doesn't work lets sack that one again and get Ricky Stuart.

I remember before we signed Des, people on here were blowing their load daily on the prospect of signing Stuart to replace Moore..

We have solid Club, enviable coaching staff, good roster, great captain and one of the best coaches in the league. We were dealt a bad hand in injuries and suspension, and a couple of out of form players that were exposed from the injury and suspension. Before the south Game we were on fire when we had our full roster, we all cheered and celebrated.

We all knew this was going to be bad and testing times...The faithful of us stick together, the others just turn on the the club like hungry hyenas wanting a piece... (and I bet most of them, aren't even members or probably don't even go to the games)...
Never turn on the club, the club and the board has always been great.
Fans will turn on players if they play the way they have been. And even with this injury talk all teams get injuries and all teams lose. Only difference is we don't even look like we are trying. Fans will back their players if they lose but show effort.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There are some officials at Canterbury who are not enamoured by Hasler's abrasive style and would not stand in his way if he moved on...
Thank God..
lol - and by officials you mean 'Raelene' is not enamoured. This is true, but I can tell you Des is not happy with her lack of support for players and her being more focused on membership numbers and being politically correct than the performance of the first grade team.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
That's not all Des.

It's also our roster. We have both our 6, 7 horribly out of form. Hodkinson as NEVER and will NEVER be like DCE/Cronk/JT etc though he has made do with what he has.

Hell our fullback other then Barba in 2012 has been an average player in attack to below average (solid defender for Sammy P) until B Morris came along and prior to injury he was making out attack somewhat exciting again.

We are mising Lafai, JMoz, BMoz, Klemmer, Graham and have had Kasiano out too. Throw that to the fact our spine is made up of Pez, Reynolds, Hodko who are either not much in attack or horribly out of form and you could understand why our attack has stunk.
Laf looked hopeless this year, jmoz hadn't scored a try in a year and if these are not the players he wanted contracts normally go for 3 years and I all our players were on 3 year contracts he has now been here for four years. If he doesn't have faith in the cattle let them go why re-sign them

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never turn on the club, the club and the board has always been great.
Fans will turn on players if they play the way they have been. And even with this injury talk all teams get injuries and all teams lose. Only difference is we don't even look like we are trying. Fans will back their players if they lose but show effort.
Well by that token, SSFC have lost 4 out of 5 with their roster which includes Keary, Inglis, Stuart, Burgess etc... maybe they should also sack their coach..

You fail to see that the players that we have out are the heart and soul of the team, and the best attacking players we have.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
lol - and by officials you mean 'Raelene' is not enamoured. This is true, but I can tell you Des is not happy with her lack of support for players and her being more focused on membership numbers and being politically correct than the performance of the first grade team.
That was from the article. And by officials I think they mean people on the board

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laf looked hopeless this year, jmoz hadn't scored a try in a year and if these are not the players he wanted contracts normally go for 3 years and I all our players were on 3 year contracts he has now been here for four years. If he doesn't have faith in the cattle let them go why re-sign them

Are you kidding yourself?? Seriously?? Laf been hopeless?? Go watch the games again son..
And J Moz has scored this year

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
RLW is toilet paper, just trying to put the boot in while we are down.

They are always anti Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.