Manly to bring Hasler home to Brookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fantastic coach..although he could've managed the Ennis saga better.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des can't take anyone besides Hodkinson with him as everyone else is tied up long term. Anyway most of our players were here before he even got here.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
problem with a des move is that he will bring everyone with him.

expect mbye, lichaa and potentially klemmer to go.
Klemmer loves the Dogs and will stay as long as they want him

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I use to think he was the best coach by far when he was at Manly. the style he has them playing in attack and Defence was the best iv ever seen in my opinion. players were in motion in attack and they use to rush up and hit you like they were a slab of cement in defence.
Then he came to our club and started having wet dreams about the props at his disposal and tried to change the game.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
problem with a des move is that he will bring everyone with him.

expect mbye, lichaa and potentially klemmer to go.
Nah I think klemmer stays as he loves the Bulldogs and Jammer

Also Rona would leave because a big reason he even came to the dogs was because of des.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The article is written by Tony Adams so not taking a lot of notice of it.

I do rate Des but I also worry about things like him not being willing to drop any players and the possibility of players like Hodko and trex being re-signed.

I think he also sees his role with us as just a job whereas he had genuine passion for Manly.

And no doubt he will take support staff with him although I doubt any of players would go tbh.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of losing players we will always be competitive if we keep the core of Lichaa klemmer mozzes mbye Graham lafai

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly could not even afford to up the ante by $50k to keep him before and at that stage I think he was on a lot less money than he is now.
We have made the semis each year Des has been at the club and two Grand Finals to boot, but does that mean the football we have been playing has been entertaining? Do we want entertaining football or do we want to just limp into the semis, dip out before the big day or on the big day be outplayed and outmuscled like we have been twice in the last three years?To be brutally honest we play a boring brand of football , very unimaginative even and at times I yearn for a return to at least something resembling a sweeping backline movement or a convincing and thorough win over another side. We just cannot seem to be able to do that.
Can't deny the fact that Des has the runs on the board though but with the side we have ( and have had) in the last few years we surely should have done better.Why is it that we have not done better, injuries at the wrong time, players badly out of form, wrong players in the side, officialdom gone wild or simply that other teams have a better structured roster that can perform consistently throughout the year?
Hope I have to eat my words come season's end, I really do, because like a lot of others I want nothing more than the satisfaction of a Premiership title. We are three years into our so called five year plan and I feel that our window of opportunity is fast closing. Our recruitment and retention will be very important over the next few years, will Des be here to oversee it?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some officials at Canterbury who are not enamoured by Hasler's abrasive style and would not stand in his way if he moved on...
Thank God..
This is absolute Rubbish and absolutely not true.

I like Jimmy Dymock too though cmon guys. Almost every club fires up when they are running like trash and coach gets the chop. The wheels usually fall off.

Am I the only one who rates Des as a top coach of the game with 1-2 others in his league?
I'm with you on that one...

The grass isn't greener on the other side, and our grass is not yellow... FMD people get a grip..

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article is written by Tony Adams so not taking a lot of notice of it.

I do rate Des but I also worry about things like him not being willing to drop any players and the possibility of players like Hodko and trex being re-signed.

I think he also sees his role with us as just a job whereas he had genuine passion for Manly.

And no doubt he will take support staff with him although I doubt any of players would go tbh.
I don't mind trex getting re signed if he takes a big payout if he doesn't he can get out of here

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't going anywhere, he is committed to the dogs and rebuilding the place..

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Manly could not even afford to up the ante by $50k to keep him before and at that stage I think he was on a lot less money than he is now.
We have made the semis each year Des has been at the club and two Grand Finals to boot, but does that mean the football we have been playing has been entertaining? Do we want entertaining football or do we want to just limp into the semis, dip out before the big day or on the big day be outplayed and outmuscled like we have been twice in the last three years?To be brutally honest we play a boring brand of football , very unimaginative even and at times I yearn for a return to at least something resembling a sweeping backline movement or a convincing and thorough win over another side. We just cannot seem to be able to do that.
Can't deny the fact that Des has the runs on the board though but with the side we have ( and have had) in the last few years we surely should have done better.Why is it that we have not done better, injuries at the wrong time, players badly out of form, wrong players in the side, officialdom gone wild or simply that other teams have a better structured roster that can perform consistently throughout the year?
Hope I have to eat my words come season's end, I really do, because like a lot of others I want nothing more than the satisfaction of a Premiership title. We are three years into our so called five year plan and I feel that our window of opportunity is fast closing. Our recruitment and retention will be very important over the next few years, will Des be here to oversee it?
Nice mate. very true.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use to think he was the best coach by far when he was at Manly. the style he had them playing in attack and Defence was the best iv ever seen in my opinion. players were in motion in attack and they use to rush up and hit you like they were a slab of cement in defence.
It took 8 years to build that...

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
been here for four years now, how long does it take to rebuild? 10years?
been here for 3 years mate, (this is the fourth)... We made 2 GF's and one of them with a busted roster where we came from the 8th spot (People underestimate that) Folks had on GF in 10 years with much better roster.

Seriously, if any of you doubting Des, and his coaching, then you honestly don't know football.

It takes time to rebuild.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
been here for 3 years mate, (this is the fourth)... We made 2 GF's and one of them with a busted roster where we came from the 8th spot (People underestimate that) Folks had on GF in 10 years with much better roster.

Seriously, if any of you doubting Des, and his coaching, then you honestly don't know football.

Folkes had 2 gf's. He made one in his first year.

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Everyone who puts dymock over des is retarded...wtf is this shit his staying this is all bs...plz close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.