Mbye wants Reynolds’ No.6 shirt — but how long will he wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Mbye will play in the halfs it's only a mater of time I don't think Hodko will last he is not performing and there has not been any changes in his contract his time is up

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
+1
Hokko re-signs and Moses won't be here long term. he will get an offer when he comes off Contract that will come with a starting half position.
This is Anasta v JT all over again.
Does this mean we are winning the premiership this year? Fck yea

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Take form out of it, hokkos knees are shot, lucky to play for another 3-4 years in my opinion, give mbye the nod in the halves long term
And that's what the Bulldogs should be looking at also. His longevity. He's been injured from the day we signed him and I. Thinking his next serious knee injury could see the end of his career.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the all the talk about mbye in the number 7 jersey. He is not a half back

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
+1
Hokko re-signs and Moses won't be here long term. he will get an offer when he comes off Contract that will come with a starting half position.
This is Anasta v JT all over again.
I dont think so, Des wont let a better player leave. Remember the club only gave ennis a year extension and let him go for a younger talent. He also started reynolds off the bench and reynolds said he didn't like it but accepted it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not Reynolds vs Mbye, its Hodko vs Mbye.

Hodkos in the crosshairs at the moment and if he doesn't start to perform / hit form soon, I'd say its goodbye to him.

I like the bloke, but he's just badly out of form, with suspect knees, and with time they will only get worse.

I see it like this. There are quuite a few sides needing a #7 at the moment. If Hodko was truly that good, Manly and Titans (and others) would be chasing him, and he'd already have fielded offers. At the moment it sounds like he is hanging onto hope that the Bulldogs re-sign him. In the meantime you have Mbye who has served his apprenticeship and deserves a starting spot somewhere.

Sign Hodko and lose Mbye
Lose Hodko and sign Mbye.

Not a good call to have to make by someone, but purely from a business and future premiership perspective, Mbye and Reynolds remain our best bet at present.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why is the spotlight on Reynolds when Hodkinson has clearly been the underperforming half of the 3? Seems likely that unless Hodkinson picks up his form these next few months he won't or shouldn't be re-signed.

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't get the all the talk about mbye in the number 7 jersey. He is not a half back
J.T was a half back and they switched him to 5/8 because of origin...its essentially the same shit just opposite end..

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will be squeezed out,
Josh and hodko will eventually fail,
Mbye will be the next big thing,
We will be left complaining,

That's posibility number 1

On the flip side,
He gets his spot and Reynolds becomes a utility?

Hummm,

What's the more likely senario?

This thread will get mighty interesting,
Don't know if its a more likely scenario Skippy but it could be Reynolds at 7 & Mbye at 6. I'm only suggesting this because I dont trust Hodko's knee to go the distance.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
bloody gen I. want everything now

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retaining Mbye should be a priority, unfortunately Hodko has to go.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon he will replace Hokko before he replaces Reynolds, the big number seven just doesn't seem to think quick enough under pressure to pull some tricks out of his bag, tonight will be the perfect opportunity for him to try some things.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bloody gen I. want everything now
I think that's a bit harsh on Mbye - he's served his time and its not as if he hasn't proven his worth.

He's also right in that it's a halves market as he'd have no issues getting a starting spot with a number of other clubs. He's not holding a gun to the club......yet

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
moses mbye is not the answer to the dogs problems, he offers no more they the other 2 do, everyone keeps saying hes so much better, but did he do anything when we played the dragons, we were down on the try line set after set after set with nothing.....no result
when he still kicks its not to open ground, its direct to opposition players

id let all 3 go we need halves we need better then what we have

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.