Jacob Loko charged with 'high range' DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Drink driving is completely unacceptable. What if he had killed a kid (or anyone) by smashing into another car. He is putting other lives in danger and should be sacked in my opinion.

There is no excuse for getting into a car when you are drunk and putting strangers lives at risk. I have a relative who was killed by drunk driver when she was just 22 and I will never have any respect for anyone who drives drunk

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate idiots that drive whilst drunk. Im just glad he didnt kill anyone.
Me too. The guy was hammered at that point. That drunk that he left his own headlights off. So we had an absolutely hammered football player driving the streets with no lights on that night. It's just not on, I don't care what jersey he wears. Needs serious help at the very least, wouldn't care if he's sacked

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dud signing anyway, he is injury prone and plays like others from his ethnicity, just uses his physical advantage and has no skills or brains.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reading through these posts there are a lot of "IF's" been thrown around but "IF's" don't cut it boys!!! At least not in a court of law. We do not live in a world where psychic technology is used to arrest and convict people before they commit their crimes. Nor should we!!!!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dud signing anyway, he is injury prone and plays like others from his ethnicity, just uses his physical advantage and has no skills or brains.
Wtf does his ethnicity have to do with anything.

Besides, some really good players have been fijian. Noa Nadruku and Petero Civoneceva (right up there with the best front rowers i have seen). And i bet there have been good tongans as well i just dont know who is tongan off the top of my head.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate idiots that drive whilst drunk. Im just glad he didnt kill anyone.
I am right there with you, having lost people close to me as a result of drink driving.

You are an IDIOT if you get behind the wheel with alcohol in your blood - NO QUESTIONS ASKED

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If it is high range he should cop a 12 game ban and pay docked. Should be handed put by the NRL and not the club.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think ALL suspensions should be handed down by the NRL, not the club, not to diminish club responsibilities, but to increase them, the onus then falls on the club to advise the NRL early and in FULL of any incidents, and abides by the NRL's decision.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no excuse getting in a car pissed. No one has the right to put people's lives at risk with that rubbish unacceptable at any level

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs statement on Jacob Loko

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm that Jacob Loko has been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) after he was pulled over in Manly at 1.15am on Friday morning.

The club finds Loko's actions unacceptable and the incident will be dealt with under the player Code of Conduct and the punishment applied will be completed in consultation with the NRL Integrity Unit.

Loko has been issued with a court appearance notice for Thursday, 26 February.

The club will make further comment once Loko has appeared in court.

http://www.nrl.com/bulldogs-statement-on-jacob-loko/tabid/10874/newsid/83351/default.aspx

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 times the limit is ridiculous. That's no accident. We were warned he is a loose cannon and now we've been burned.

On new years day too. Must be a fixing imbecile. Cops just waiting for dopes to drive.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every man is entitled to his day in court without a kennel posse passing judgement on him before the case is heard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that if we release him Parra will take him back with open arms after our medical team did all the hard work to get his knee right and ready to play.
Not trying to contradict you Vlasnik, just wondering. ;) Has Loko's knee recovered enough to have him in full pre season training? I've got a gut feeling that this DUI could be good news if we release a gun who is never going to play to his ability.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wtf does his ethnicity have to do with anything.

Besides, some really good players have been fijian. Noa Nadruku and Petero Civoneceva (right up there with the best front rowers i have seen). And i bet there have been good tongans as well i just dont know who is tongan off the top of my head.
You're right on the money with "Six Cents A Litre". Not only was he real good at what he did hut the length of his career was incredible.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not trying to contradict you Vlasnik, just wondering. ;) Has Loko's knee recovered enough to have him in full pre season training? I've got a gut feeling that this DUI could be good news if we release a gun who is never going to play to his ability.
Only time will tell but he looks in better condition than when joined us. I don't have a crystal ball and just like you I can not see into the future but I would hate to have him come back and bite us in the end whether you rate him or not.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet to play a game for us yet will forever be known as a bulldog.

tisk tisk tisk..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Driving without your lights on is a sure way to get yourself pulled over. Maybe he would have gotten away if he had. Not that i condone drink driving.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loko has been issued with a court appearance notice for Thursday, 26 February. We shall know more after this date so until then everyone should just chill. What ever happens I have always said that I support the team not the player and with today's happenings I stand by that but I am willing to give the player the benefit of the doubt over media enhanced speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.