Auckland Nines squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1) Brett Morris 2) Corey Thompson 3) Jacob Loko (assuming he is not sacked) 4) Moses Mbye 5) Curtis Rhona 6) Josh Reynolds 7. Josh Jackson 8. Michael Lichaa 9. Frank Pritchard

Reserves: Adam Elliott, Chase Stanely, Sam Perrett, Tim Browne & Jarrod McNally
B Morris is injured!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh reynolds and josh morris both def not playing nines.
Look for mcinally, levi dodd, mcgrady, thomo to be def starters
beast and jacko also are out due to last years long season plus 4 nations
loko is hanging onto his career by his finger nails
i also believe trex and bmoz will play

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It'd be a missed opportunity to not take Mbye and Lichaa I reckon.

People can bag the Nines, and obviously Des doesn't care one bit after last years display (not to mention those hideous jerseys) but a lot of good can come out of it too. Last years tournament unearthed quite a few young players who went on to have promising seasons in First Grade.

Lichaa needs to play to take control of anything he can get his hands on. Cronulla didn't make the finals, so he'd be raring to go and needs to establish himself not only as the primary 80 minute hooker but the main playmaker as no one else in the team naturally assumes that role! So taking all of that into account, why wouldn't he be there to get used to running a team, of any kind, which is what we need of him in First Grade each week.

With Mbye, he has no clear role or position in the team but definitely has potential and played well in limited opportunities last year. He could even be a threat by the end of the year to take a halves spot if the disappearing act of both Reynolds and Hodkinson from the second half of last year continues.... Either way, he should be in or around the 17 each week, and needs any type of footy again after a disrupted first season of First Grade.

Hopefully Des doesn't completely take the piss like he did last year and actually use this tournament as an opportunity for certain players rather than something you completely disregard.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Way to go Des!! I wouldn't go either.....boring!!!
It was more entertaining than I thought it would be. Better than most test matches.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id love to see Lichaa in the 9s it would be good for him, but I can't see Des risking him being our primary no.9!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken Nagas returns for Canberra bloody he'll he look fit can't believe it's been 12 years since he played

Status
Not open for further replies.