Hayne wanted to come to the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As soon as he said he was leaving I knew someone would make one of these threads, I'm surprised it took so long. I doubt Hayne ever wanted to come to the dogs and if he stayed in the nrl any talk of him going elsewhere would have been to bump his price. I wish him the best of luck in the NFL if he can make it.
He did want to come and from what I heard asked multiple times to leave but the Eels wouldn't budge so there was no way he would be playing any other sport or for any other team with his legally binding contract still valid in Australia.

He has gone and done the next best thing to get away from the losing culture the Eels live by and that is leave the country to play sport, if he does come back which he might expect him not to talk to the Eels, that whole life time agreement thing is bullshit just to make the Eels look alittle creditable.

A player like Hayne is use to winning so the Eels are history, if we don't get a fullback for next year before 2016 or until the eels spend all that free cap just have a think what's happening lil

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What some people don't know or probably do is that there is a rule regarding players not granted a release from their club, the only way they can get a release of not granted one is that they have to leave nrl for 1 year and play a different sport then come back and be allowed to play for any other club. Same shit happened with Soward and I think sonny bill too when he dogged us!
JH did not walk out on his team mates in the middle of the night deserting his team mates in the time of need!! at least he is being up front with his team mates, the club and their supporters.
$BW was and still is the lowest form of team mate that you can get!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have always disliked Hayne....one of those dislikes you get of people who you don't know but judge anyway. Over the last couple of years I have begun to respect his stance on a couple of things. A while ago when it was reported he was looking at coming over they published that story about his mum and housing commission etc and his loyalty really started to change my opinion. I thought his press release a couple of days ago was really good also, somehow sounds like an average thinking bloke mixed with a high end athlete. He comes off as arrogant but to play sport the way he does I guess you need that sort of confidence. I for one would have loved to have seen him at the dogs, I reckon had he come over he would have finished his career with us and we probably would've had 2 premierships with him. I actually wish him really well over there, a chance to show the yanks what aussies can do!
I agree too!! well said GD.
It is also a shame the game of RL has lost another exquisite athlete, maybe now that he has moved on Izzy will return??

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be right. Give him the ball, don't get tackled and get it over the line.....same principle.
But the process you go through to get there is so different it isn't funny. Almost none of his skills are transferable. Hell he is even going to have to change the way he runs.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But the process you go through to get there is so different it isn't funny. Almost none of his skills are transferable. Hell he is even going to have to change the way he runs.
Don't see why, the general job will be very similar, run the ball and avoid being tackled...... upside being in that game, other players are blocking the defenders.

There has been a lot of talk in the media and here about how the NFL will be so much harder. I don't buy it, the only obstacle (and it is a huge one) is if he can learn the game fast enough, and then be that good that a team decides to go for him rather than someone else who is 5 or so years younger.

With the game stoppages, the crazy number of players in the team for every little job, and the protective gear they wear....... for the life of me I can't understand why people are so happy to see that as a harder game, it just isn't.

(being able to get through all the levels and find a place in a team within 1 year though, that will be tough I think)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am about to scream into a pillow very loudly,

shaking head,

this is going to be an extremely long offseason.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just heard orisi cavuilati wants to make a come back to league his 1 first grade game for the dogs in 1995 was not enough he is hungry to prove himself and who could doubt the smiling Fijian with a wonderful mustache.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well end result is he still won't end up at the Bulldogs, so it doesn't matter now anyway.

Even if he does choose to come back to the NRL, he's only allowed to sign with the Eels.
That may be the case however if they sign a big marqee player on big coin then there is no room for hayne. So the thought is possible for him to come to the dogs in due time!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just heard orisi cavuilati wants to make a come back to league his 1 first grade game for the dogs in 1995 was not enough he is hungry to prove himself and who could doubt the smiling Fijian with a wonderful mustache.
Makes sense .. We don't have any Fijians in our team so maybe he's the token one.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would be fresh also only played 3 first grade games in his life 1 for the dogs 2 for fiji lol
He sounds like a gun.. I think next year he'll probably put a lot of pressure on Morris if he doesn't sort out his 'leg issue'

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No idea how he's going to succeed in the NFL

Apart from his athleticism which isn't unique to him in the US none of the skills that made him so good in the NRL will work in the NFL, for one chip and chasing, one handed passes hardly ever exist because the NFL is such a technical game, neither do offloads or grubbers and etc. Strength isn't as important either seeing as how you score the touchdown the moment you make it past the end zone. Hayne will be back before 2015 is up.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't see why, the general job will be very similar, run the ball and avoid being tackled...... upside being in that game, other players are blocking the defenders.
The way he runs, back straight chest out chin up, is what he'll have to change. If he runs like that in the NFL, he will most probably get carried off every game.

Running through 1 defensive line where maybe half the guys are smaller than you is a tad easier than running at 10 guys, bigger and just as fast as you, with more knowledge of the game than you is (the kicker is the 11th player but Hayne would probably run straight over him).

He'll have to get used to catching the ball and running with Pads and a helmet on too.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way he runs, back straight chest out chin up, is what he'll have to change. If he runs like that in the NFL, he will most probably get carried off every game.

Running through 1 defensive line where maybe half the guys are smaller than you is a tad easier than running at 10 guys, bigger and just as fast as you, with more knowledge of the game than you is (the kicker is the 11th player but Hayne would probably run straight over him).

He'll have to get used to catching the ball and running with Pads and a helmet on too.
and the biggest problem he has is that the defensive line isn't straight basically man to man covering multiple players. The defence doesn't have to worry about the 5 players Hayne can pass to at any one time. The second he gets his hands on the ball they just have to tackle him.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

The way he runs is what gives him great balance, allowing his to get all the tackle breaks he did this season, and every other season.

Put that in a game where the tackling technique is totally different and they are really just battering into each other?

Hayne is already bigger/stronger than most of the kick returners in the NFL, and on the upper side of par for running backs. Physically he doesn't give up anything in the NFL..... it is just the usual American thing where they want to believe something different :p

The protective gear will add about 6 or 7 kg to what he is carrying, but then again..... the workload will be much, much less.

Still.... trying to break into a pro sport starting at 26 years old? that will be tough.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way he runs is what gives him great balance, allowing his to get all the tackle breaks he did this season, and every other season.

Put that in a game where the tackling technique is totally different and they are really just battering into each other?

Hayne is already bigger/stronger than most of the kick returners in the NFL, and on the upper side of par for running backs. Physically he doesn't give up anything in the NFL..... it is just the usual American thing where they want to believe something different :p

The protective gear will add about 6 or 7 kg to what he is carrying, but then again..... the workload will be much, much less.

Still.... trying to break into a pro sport starting at 26 years old? that will be tough.
The workload is different but not 'much less'.

It is much higher outputs for a shorter duration and fewer reps. Like comparing a 100m sprinter to a 1500 sprinter.

And if there is a kick returner that runs over 11 when not in pads I would be pretty surprised. These guys are legitimate speedsters. Hayne went an 11.2

He is still a good athlete no matter where he goes. But in the NFL he is not a special one. Just another athletic guy, only problem is he is an athletic guy with next to no experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.