Hayne wanted to come to the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moeybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
So I was at work talking to the builder of the site about Hayne leaving and he told me that one of his nephews is close friends with Jarryd Hayne and that the reason why he went to nfl is because parra won't give him a release to come to the Bulldogs!!

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah well end result is he still won't end up at the Bulldogs, so it doesn't matter now anyway.

Even if he does choose to come back to the NRL, he's only allowed to sign with the Eels.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So he signs a lifetime agreement with them instead.

Yep. Makes sense.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah well end result is he still won't end up at the Bulldogs, so it doesn't matter now anyway.

Even if he does choose to come back to the NRL, he's only allowed to sign with the Eels.
That may be the legal status quo now but who knows what might happen in the future? Big money has beaten values and principles plenty of times. eg: If Sonny Bill wanted to come back to the NRL it was only to the Bulldogs wasn't it? So instead he had two seasons with the Roosters and now he's back on the Rah Rah gig.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That may be the legal status quo now but who knows what might happen in the future? Big money has beaten values and principles plenty of times. eg: If Sonny Bill wanted to come back to the NRL it was only to the Bulldogs wasn't it? So instead he had two seasons with the Roosters and now he's back on the Rah Rah gig.
I'd say once he is outside the duration of his eels contract he is free to do whatever he wants.

One of my friends cousins was playing Jersey Flegg at parra back in the day around the time Hayne was going through. He doesn't like talk to Hayne or anything anymore (the only player he reckons he still talks to that really broke into the NRL is feleti mateo) so I'm not pretending to have any real inside gossip but he seems to think Hayne is genuinely an Eels lifer.

moeybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
What some people don't know or probably do is that there is a rule regarding players not granted a release from their club, the only way they can get a release of not granted one is that they have to leave nrl for 1 year and play a different sport then come back and be allowed to play for any other club. Same shit happened with Soward and I think sonny bill too when he dogged us!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What some people don't know or probably do is that there is a rule regarding players not granted a release from their club, the only way they can get a release of not granted one is that they have to leave nrl for 1 year and play a different sport then come back and be allowed to play for any other club. Same shit happened with Soward and I think sonny bill too when he dogged us!
But we also have no idea what exactly Haynes agreement he signed before the eels granted his release was. We are only guessing.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I believe he did want to come here at some stage yes . His 11min youtube video is unbelievable

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wanted to sleep like a ant and thats why i went to the fridge.

Malla

Reaction score
Beginning of this year he wanted to come to the Bulldogs. So much so that we actually thought he was signed and he reneged at the last minute. His get out clause were his 3rd party deal payments not being met at the time and we had enough to offer.

Probably better off he didn't come. Hayne is all about the $$$. Understandably he would have earned millions here, but if he becomes successful in the NFL (highly unlikely) he will earn 10 times the amount in the NFL. Worst case scenario he will end up in French Rugby where he will earn 5 times the amount (this is in my opinion the most likely scenario).

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
If Jason Taylor had of got the job at Parra , Hayne and Hoppa would have been Bulldogs.
We dodged a bullet with Hayne , it could have easily been us he left in the lurch

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Jason Taylor had of got the job at Parra , Hayne and Hoppa would have been Bulldogs.
We dodged a bullet with Hayne , it could have easily been us he left in the lurch
Dodged a bullet? we would've won the GF this year if we had Hayne at FB.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I was at work talking to the builder of the site about Hayne leaving and he told me that one of his nephews is close friends with Jarryd Hayne and that the reason why he went to nfl is because parra won't give him a release to come to the Bulldogs!!
Makes sense.. If he was happy at the eels he wouldn't be leaving for NFL ...

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$bw contract was paid back by Mundine and he was gone till the life of his contract that he signed with us expired so he couldve signed with whom ever he wanted.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I have always disliked Hayne....one of those dislikes you get of people who you don't know but judge anyway. Over the last couple of years I have begun to respect his stance on a couple of things. A while ago when it was reported he was looking at coming over they published that story about his mum and housing commission etc and his loyalty really started to change my opinion. I thought his press release a couple of days ago was really good also, somehow sounds like an average thinking bloke mixed with a high end athlete. He comes off as arrogant but to play sport the way he does I guess you need that sort of confidence. I for one would have loved to have seen him at the dogs, I reckon had he come over he would have finished his career with us and we probably would've had 2 premierships with him. I actually wish him really well over there, a chance to show the yanks what aussies can do!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have always disliked Hayne....one of those dislikes you get of people who you don't know but judge anyway. Over the last couple of years I have begun to respect his stance on a couple of things. A while ago when it was reported he was looking at coming over they published that story about his mum and housing commission etc and his loyalty really started to change my opinion. I thought his press release a couple of days ago was really good also, somehow sounds like an average thinking bloke mixed with a high end athlete. He comes off as arrogant but to play sport the way he does I guess you need that sort of confidence. I for one would have loved to have seen him at the dogs, I reckon had he come over he would have finished his career with us and we probably would've had 2 premierships with him. I actually wish him really well over there, a chance to show the yanks what aussies can do!
Very well said

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Too old to learn a new sport. Good luck to him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As soon as he said he was leaving I knew someone would make one of these threads, I'm surprised it took so long. I doubt Hayne ever wanted to come to the dogs and if he stayed in the nrl any talk of him going elsewhere would have been to bump his price. I wish him the best of luck in the NFL if he can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.