Ben Barba’s Broncos career in the balance - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/be...-anthony-milford/story-fndv2w3r-1227072543846

BEN Barba’s Broncos career is at the crossroads with incoming coach Wayne Bennett to axe him as five-eighth in favour of star recruit Anthony Milford.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Barba has officially lost his grip on the No.6 jumper as Bennett looks to forge a title-winning union between Milford and halfback Ben Hunt.
Barba charged to the Dally M Medal in 2012 with his magical bursts at fullback, but Bennett views Darius Boyd as his preferred No.1 if he brokers a deal in the coming weeks.
That leaves Barba walking a tightrope at the Broncos. It is understood the Maroons hopeful has been quietly shopped around by the Broncos, but NRL rivals have baulked at picking up the final two years of Barba’s Brisbane deal.

Ben Barba has officially lost his spot as Broncos’ No.6 after a disappointing season. Source: News Corp Australia

Should he remain at the Broncos next season, Barba faces the prospect of a utility role off the bench or, worse, languishing in the Intrust Super Cup.
The impending relegation of Barba is another crushing blow for the 25-year-old, who endured a roller-coaster first season at the Broncos after his move from the Bulldogs.
Milford has largely played fullback in the past two seasons at Canberra, but Bennett made it clear he will wear the No.6 Broncos jumper next season, leaving Barba in limbo.
“I’ve seen what Anthony can do at fullback but that won’t be where he plays right now,” Bennett said.
“The club doesn’t have a five-eighth so we need one of those more than we need a fullback.”
BENNETT: ’BRONCOS MORE THAN A FOOTBALL CLUB’

[h=3]Wayne Bennett's return to Brisbane brings rare excitement[/h]
<svg width="150" height="150" viewBox="0 0 150 150" class="countdown"><circle cx="0" cy="0" r="75" transform="translate(75, 75) scale(0.97)" stroke="#FFFFFF" stroke-width="2" fill="rgba(0,0,0,0.6)" style="display: block;"></circle></svg>

Asked where the Milford-Hunt scrumbase alliance leaves Barba, Bennett said: “That’s all to be determined. Right now I have no firm view until I get to training and see what they do well and don’t do well.
“But the halfback and five-eighth … I am very clear on that.”
If Bennett signs Boyd, as expected, the Broncos will almost certainly have to offload one backline star to accommodate the Maroons ace.
Josh Hoffman has been linked with Canberra and the Warriors and his possible departure could give Barba the opportunity to fight his way into the starting side.
KNIGHTS STEP ASIDE AS BOYD NEARS RETURN

Anthony Milford has already ousted barba before even playing for the Broncos. Source: News Corp Australia

After starting this season at fullback, Barba showed more promise in his nine games at five-eighth and Bennett insists he is not turning his back on the Mackay product.
“Ben is an exciting talent, but he just hasn’t had his best year,” he said.
“I hope we get to work with him and I can get some confidence in him.
“People look for these deep answers but Ben only needs regular footy, some confidence and he can blast off again.’’
Barba said a fortnight ago he was enjoying his move to five-eighth and was determined to develop his game under Bennett.
“There’s been a lot said about my future here, will Wayne want me and that sort of thing, but I have another two years here and I want to finish my career here,” he said.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If rival nrl clubs have bulked at picking up his last 2 years I wounder what coin the broncos had him on ? Either way EAT SHIT lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ainsley taking the family again and moving to northern england for some unknown reason

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
what a waste of talent

Malla

Reaction score
As much as I hate what he did to us, I still gotta feel for him. It's shit how Bennett can come in and clear the roster for his neph Boyd.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
**** barba, **** the broncos, **** the NRL, **** the rest of the comp, then **** the rabbits, we gonna take out this muther****ing comp

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As much as I hate what he did to us, I still gotta feel for him. It's shit how Bennett can come in and clear the roster for his neph Boyd.
I don't feel for him at all.

I only feel for his kids having a little rat **** as a dad.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Still thinking it was best for him personally to leave Sydney, he was hitting the jack and Jill's with his EBC mates and the piss pretty hard and gambling a lot.

Professionally I don't feel for him he left us and broke so many younge fans hearts and also left the club that stuck by him

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i think griffin fcked his career up more by making him fat, putting him at 5/8 was never his position.

He won Dally M at fullback ffs! how can you make him play a different position 12 months later?

having said that... who the fck cares anyway about barba.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Boyd these days is a better player than Barba, so not really unfair on Barba. He should play better. I saw every match he played this year (i tend to watch all NRL matches on Fox, live or replays). He hasnt been horrible, as in hes an ok, average half. Definitely a bad buy by Broncos. Didnt see barba score 1 try this year from a break he made. Hes NSW cup level without his 2012 ability

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Barba flourished under Des and floundered under anyone else. His career is done and dusted, sooner or later he'll regret his decision to leave us.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Karma is an absolute bitch isn't it. Goes to show that the grass is not always greener on the other side or in this case the other side of the border .I have no sympathy for him, he has made his bed and he has to now lay in it. I feel for the children though as they are innocent parties in anything that happens to him.I love my club dearly but morally they did the wrong thing in covering for him in the incidents of 2013, although legally they did nothing wrong because police cannot charge someone with a crime unless the other party wants to press charges or the person is caught in the act.Barba may still have a place in league but unfortunately his poor form this year and poor behaviour which was not only restricted to last year has made it that much more difficult for him. No doubt some club will pick him up but whoever mentioned that the money aspect of this being a problem was absolutely spot on. Clubs still need to get value for money whist operating within the salary cap (maybe except a few that we know of) so a big asking price or part payment to the Broncos for his remaining contract may be a sticking point.....or he could just go to England.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Barba flourished under Des and floundered under anyone else. His career is done and dusted, sooner or later he'll regret his decision to leave us.
lol were in the grand final and barba is gonna end up out of first grade. can't be happier

A

Alexander the Great

Id take him back and play him in the forwards in hope he breaks his legs.

That is all

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many clubs want four fullbacks so no one else can have one?
Bloody wankas..

Status
Not open for further replies.