The sapphires need a stylist..Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think removing the cheerleaders is a brave and great move. The world is changing, women don't have to be dancing around for 40 year old men to wolf whistle at anz stadium. I don't miss them.

Does it really detract that much not having some women dance around with pom poms to radio songs before a game?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I've said before I like how they look now, they look more like real girls you'd meet outside rather then cheerleaders with skimpy clothing.

Raleane has gone for a modern look girls use and made the cheerleader role into something more, a few of the old cheerleaders had the choice for a bigger role as women at the club but only wanted to dance around in skimpy cheerleader crap.

Good riddance to them, we have kept the girls who care and want to further the role as females in the NRL with outside skills not only dancing.

I find it much more suitable and other clubs should follow, girls in the NRL also need Rome models and the Saphires are starting to offer this with their roles at the club.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think removing the cheerleaders is a brave and great move. The world is changing, women don't have to be dancing around for 40 year old men to wolf whistle at anz stadium. I don't miss them.

Does it really detract that much not having some women dance around with pom poms to radio songs before a game?
I think we are in the minority here, but I agree with you.

To me cheerleaders are outdated, and are counter-productive to increasing the engagement of women in the sport - which is a well publicised strategy of the NRL's.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score

My workmates daughter is a cheerleader for the Broncos , is a big deal .

I think if girls want to dance and look hot - who are we to stand in their way

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
some one hook me up with one of our girls, ill be nice.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
some one hook me up with one of our girls, ill be nice.
Nah mate I called dibs on some first lol, they aren't bad sorts ey and they look normal/attractive with what they wear now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah mate I called dibs on some first lol, they aren't bad sorts ey and they look normal/attractive with what they wear now.
yh i rather them like this, look like real girls instead of some fake gutter rats aha

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yh i rather them like this, look like real girls instead of some fake gutter rats aha
Yeah I agree plus it shows that you don't need to show a lot of skin to be a young women involved in league or game day, also tight denim on a chick who can wear it is hot lol

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This whole cheerleader situation is a massive fail . For 50 years rugby league has had cheerleaders and I dont know why we dont ?
I'm with you mearsey!! this Sapphires BS is an embarrassment, the minority wins again!! who did we offend by having the Belles?? I would rather non at all to what we have been served up!!
I thought of all the Cheer Girls in the NRL the Belles were the most professional of all, they added a lot more colour to the event too!!
BRING BACK THE BELLES!!! then you could add the drums (only when the team runs onto the field) but keep the drums quiet during the game, would be very annoying during the game.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeah i agree plus it shows that you don't need to show a lot of skin to be a young women involved in league or game day, also tight denim on a chick who can wear it is hot lol
bs

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah they don't Mate, here we have the minority EY!! are you one of the drummer boy's?? do like what they wear playing the drums?? EY?

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If our girls dressed up like the panthers girls i think i would get kicked out of the stadium for jacking off
And if they also had tats you'd jizz in your pants lol

Love your avatars mate. Where do you get them and who's the girl you have now, plus the last one? She was JITP material!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And if they also had tats you'd jizz in your pants lol

Love your avatars mate. Where do you get them and who's the girl you have now, plus the last one? She was JITP material!
Lol I vote Marley director of cheer leaders give him free reign and watch the stadium fill up

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I vote Marley director of cheer leaders give him free reign and watch the stadium fill up
Make it happen soh! At least I wouldn't be bored when the game isn't on. I don't care about the current cheerleaders. The previous more naked ones were ok but didn't really watch them either.

N

Natboy

I don't think it's Raelene's fault. When the club are receiving complaints about how the women are dressed to a female CEO of a very multicultural club it's a tough situation. Now we have annoying drums & arabic comedians as entertainment.
Maybe the sapphires could learn bellydancing? lol :grinning:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know what you are on about Qld-Dog, I just prefer what our cheerleaders have become now due to what they do, how they dress, their further responsibilities and wider role at the club instead of only dancing at games once a week.

Also its a step in the right direction, we are now seeing normal girls who are doing their part to help in the NRL/our club if you want to only see girls dancing around in small clothing there are a few websites I can link ya buddy.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's Raelene's fault. When the club are receiving complaints about how the women are dressed to a female CEO of a very multicultural club it's a tough situation. Now we have annoying drums & arabic comedians as entertainment.
Maybe the sapphires could learn bellydancing? lol :grinning:
I think the whole thing with the drums and wog comedians is to connect with our large ethnic supporter base and get them more involved or something. I don't mind it but sometimes Tahir and Rob are cheesy lol

N

Natboy

I think the whole thing with the drums and wog comedians is to connect with our large ethnic supporter base and get them more involved or something. I don't mind it but sometimes Tahir and Rob are cheesy lol
Yeah just to get them to put their hands into their pockets and come to more games.
I don't have any problems with it really as I go to the games to watch the game and support my team.
Like I've said before I would put my beats in if I wasn't with mates and wanted to talk to them
It's hard to talk with drums beating though.
As long as the club remembers that just because the bulldogs are based in such a mono-cultural area there are supporters from other backgrounds too. Beer might be banned soon if enough people complain lol

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The sapphires desperately need a stylist .. They look just like a bunch of skanky chicks from sunnyvale that have gone out to the footy..

It looks ridiculous to have these girls dressed in their skinny black jeans waving pom poms around .. Truely ..

Raelene get these girls a proper stylist ( preferably not the one you use) but seriously they look like extras in housos .. they are meant to represent our club.
go to a strip club if you want to see half naked/naked chicks

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
God some of you guys are fussy.

I'd happily eat thier asses out (srs)

Status
Not open for further replies.