How many years can Des Hasler survive as our coach without winning a title?

How long?

• End of 2014

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • End of 2015

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • End of 2016

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • End of 2017

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • As long as he wants

Votes: 59 59.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Really?? We have lost 3 on the trot and people are calling for his head?! Beginning of the year some of you guys were predicting the doggies to finish just outside the 8 without a fullback and an explosive back line yet we are now in the top 4 (just dropped off) with 5 games left in the season.

Look around you and see what some other teams are going through. Canberra. Newcastle. Sharks. Tigers.
No one is calling for his head. I said he deserves another 2 years after this year.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No one is calling for his head. I said he deserves another 2 years after this year.
His current contract gives him 3 more I believe, so till then any debate is academic anyway I guess

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
If we lose next week we are out of the top 8 and I think our season will be done.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Head coach like des run the football department at a club. Dont just look at first grade. 2012 we were minor premiers in 3 grades. Reserves won 3 in a row up until then i think and 20s won a couple years earlier. 2014 we are last in 20s and near last in reserve and did our flegg win a game this year? our 1st are batting overs . My point is big picture doesnt look to good. If des is investing so much to win a title and we dont win one but finish in the 8 every year and our lower grades are bottom 3, is des a success. Big picture to date is 50/50 so far. Remember how bennett left the saints and he won a title.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, sack des. Absolutely hopeless. Got no clue. Sign up potter instead.

You guys are crazy.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit early for this stuff yet, I thought moore was hard done by!! But I think hasler is here to stay for a while, and I want him to stay too!!!
Moore hard done by??? the Guy was an embarrassment having him as a Coach in the first place, I was absolutely stunned when the gave him the Gig. He had no credentials as a Coach at all.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
making the eight means stuff all. Half of the comp makes the eight.

I'd like to see des get at least five years, if we are still in the same position every year after now until then (inconsistent as hell) then i'd say we have to move on.

But if we consistently get top four finishes and legitimately threaten the premiership, even if we don't win i would like to see him stay.
"this"

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not saying I want him sacked. Just wondering how long each poster thinks he should be given.

He made the GF in his first year but we've been going backwards since. Kevin Moore nearly made the GF in his first year and we know how that turned out.
Not sure how you can even compare the two. Even if you discount Hasler's outstanding record at Manly he craps on Moore whilst a Canterbury. Hasler got us to a GF in his first season, semis second and likely semis third. Moore didn't.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
lol you're indirectly questioning Des Hasler's coaching.

To say we are going backwards is a ridiculous statement.

In 2012 we were minor premiers and made the GF. In 2013 we finished 6th, in a season where in the first 10 weeks we weren't even sure if we would make the top 8. It was a year full of drama.

In 2014 we have been one of the most consistent teams in the comp up until 3 weeks ago. We were top place for 6 weeks straight and we are in a good position to still make the top 4 and make a play for the comp.

Des Hasler is a brilliant coach and to say we have been going backwards is ludicrous.

End of story.
Your best post since joining the Kennel.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler should be our coach until we find someone better.

Which I dont see happening anytime soon, seeing as he's pretty much the premier coach in a sport that is filled with absolutely dreadful coaches.

Im scared to death of what is going to happen when he goes tbh.

This thread is an insane knee jerk after we lost a few games in row. Not anything to argue really, if you feel like this about hasler I think I can safely disregard your opinions on this club and the sport in general.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy and Bennett are both hoaxes. They're both like two rich kids who inherited a lot of money and claim they worked hard for it.
It's funny cause Bennett will prob have success at broncos again as they have a good team, just like the dragons did. People will say he has "restored his legacy". Such a load of sh*t.
What ever happened to not negotiating for a coaching job when they already had a coach in place? It hardly counts when broncos say we are going to punt griffin so that it makes it seem like there is no coach in place!

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that this topic and the reaction of many here is just knee jerk as a result of disappointment over the last month. I would bet my last $ that at the final siren of the storm match that the doubters would have happily had des sign a 10 year contract straight after the press conference.
Let's not panic people

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Another classic thread brought to you by Robbie Fowler

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really?? We have lost 3 on the trot and people are calling for his head?! Beginning of the year some of you guys were predicting the doggies to finish just outside the 8 without a fullback and an explosive back line yet we are now in the top 4 (just dropped off) with 5 games left in the season.

Look around you and see what some other teams are going through. Canberra. Newcastle. Sharks. Tigers.
Tigers are overachieving given they were written off at the start of the year (plus they beat us).

The other three... well they're hardly something to aspire to.

We might be just out of the top 4, but on current form were to be carried to the end of the season, we'll be making up the numbers if we make the finals at all.

Des deserves some criticism TBH, but it's a but early to be discussing his future, even as a hypothetical...

Malla

Reaction score
Tigers are overachieving given they were written off at the start of the year (plus they beat us).

The other three... well they're hardly something to aspire to.

We might be just out of the top 4, but on current form were to be carried to the end of the season, we'll be making up the numbers if we make the finals at all.

Des deserves some criticism TBH, but it's a but early to be discussing his future, even as a hypothetical...
With Tigers it was in reference to their situation with the coach.

On that point you made regarding tigers over achieving, do you not consider us as over achievers this year? A lot of people on here were giving us little hope to even make the finals. Even critics and footy experts thought the same. I think given the circumstances, Des has coached us to where were are this year. The season where we have no player unrest (Barba last year and Ennis this year) will be the season we win the comp.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny cause Bennett will prob have success at broncos again as they have a good team, just like the dragons did. People will say he has "restored his legacy". Such a load of sh*t.
What ever happened to not negotiating for a coaching job when they already had a coach in place? It hardly counts when broncos say we are going to punt griffin so that it makes it seem like there is no coach in place!

My Christmas Wish this year will be that the Broncos don't make the 8 next year. That would be so delicious.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So you wouldn't care if we don't win the title in the next 5 years?
Yes I would care you dimwitt.

No I wouldn't be blaming Des for it. Are you not able to think outside the square with that pea-sized blob of mucous you call a brain for 10 seconds? Have you not seen what Des has done at Manly, and done for the Dogs in the last 3 years?

Would you sack Des for Ricky Stuart? Steve Price? Anthony Griffin? John Cartwright? Ivan Cleary? Mick Potter? Bring John Lang out of retirement? Are you retarded? Will you thumb down this post also?

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Yes I would care you dimwitt.

No I wouldn't be blaming Des for it. Are you not able to think outside the square with that pea-sized blob of mucous you call a brain for 10 seconds? Have you not seen what Des has done at Manly, and done for the Dogs in the last 3 years?

Would you sack Des for Ricky Stuart? Steve Price? Anthony Griffin? John Cartwright? Ivan Cleary? Mick Potter? Bring John Lang out of retirement? Are you retarded? Will you thumb down this post also?
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.