Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We were very hard done by in the first half,
I conceal our completions were poor,
But we came within 1 try of wining the game despite being ****ed over by the officials,

Facts are,
The fat lady ain't singing yet,
We are not done yet,

We are still in the 8,

We have players coming back and need a few games for the team to gel,

If you want to give up, fine do so if you please,

Me on the other hand, I gunna move on and look forward to next week,

I still have hopes for this year, we ain't best till we are beat, no matter how grim it looks,

Who's with me?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We farked over ourseleves because we are so farking dumb and can't hold a bloody bal, Lack any structure and communication in defence and attack, there has to be an issue.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think if we dont make the top 4 its over, now we are sort of looking at results to go our way although manly play penrith, we play souths, souths play manly and souths play the roosters so it is still in our hands

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm already over the loss. Nobody revs me up like my Dogs the pricks lol.

I'd like to see how we go with Tolman and Morris back.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We farked over ourseleves because we are so farking dumb and can't hold a bloody bal, Lack any structure and communication in defence and attack, there has to be an issue.
Yeah the reason is cohesion is low due to players coming back from injury, lacking match fitness, and in this particular game the refs did screw us over,

Give is just one of the 2 try's they took off us, entire new game,

After the first half you could tell the players were frustrated, and playing catch up, that led to errors,

If we were up as we should have been, we would have been more patient with the pill,

Panthers were desperate for a win, and they had all the 50 50 calls and a few dubious calls go their way and only won by 1 try,

I ain't rolling over dead just yet,

I got more fight than that left in me and so do our team,

Blue and white till the death,

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No matter what, I'll still cheer them on next week. That doesn't mean that I'm blind to the fact that they are not even worthy of being called a top eight side.

They're my team. But they are not a threat to anyone in this comp.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No matter what, I'll still cheer them on next week. That doesn't mean that I'm blind to the fact that they are not even worthy of being called a top eight side.

They're my team. But they are not a threat to anyone in this comp.
But they are worthy of being a top 8 team,

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if we win 2 out of 5 we are in the finals, the only thing that makes a side worthy of being a top 8 side is if they are in the top 8

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we win 2 out of 5 we are in the finals, the only thing that makes a side worthy of being a top 8 side is if they are in the top 8
Man i wish i had your optimism i really do :-(

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah the reason is cohesion is low due to players coming back from injury, lacking match fitness, and in this particular game the refs did screw us over,

Give is just one of the 2 try's they took off us, entire new game,

After the first half you could tell the players were frustrated, and playing catch up, that led to errors,

If we were up as we should have been, we would have been more patient with the pill,

Panthers were desperate for a win, and they had all the 50 50 calls and a few dubious calls go their way and only won by 1 try,

I ain't rolling over dead just yet,

I got more fight than that left in me and so do our team,

Blue and white till the death,
You cant really use that as an excuse. Penrith had simmilar problems to us and they did not dish up the same crap we did. I never though we had the squad to challenge anyway, we have way to much money in the forwards and not enough in the backline.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We won when no ine expected us to win against manly and storm .
We lost when everyone expected us to win, last 3 games.
Good that everyone expect us to lose from now on.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You cant really use that as an excuse. Penrith had simmilar problems to us and they did not dish up the same crap we did. I never though we had the squad to challenge anyway, we have way to much money in the forwards and not enough in the backline.
Panthers had all the 50 50 calls and a bunch of dubious ones go their way, that got them on the front foot and had us playing frantic catch up and frustrated footy resulting in errors,

I blame the refs for our loss tonight,

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Man i wish i had your optimism i really do :-(
ffs 2 wins against the likes of the titans, brisbane, eels and tigers is being conservative

there is still brisbanes season to end next week woot woot

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Panthers had all the 50 50 calls and a bunch of dubious ones go their way, that got them on the front foot and had us playing frantic catch up and frustrated footy resulting in errors,

I blame the refs for our loss tonight,
Seconded.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We won when no ine expected us to win against manly and storm .
We lost when everyone expected us to win, last 3 games.
Good that everyone expect us to lose from now on.
Lol, too right,

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok my turn. I've read all comments etc.. And sort of calmed down now but please people answer me this. Why is it that most teams with good coaches always are able to read our attack. Why? Cause it's one dimensional. The era of barba made us look so good because he was always the player to finish off good set plays and also play his own game at the same time.

Watching the past 3 weeks opposing teams have read our defence to the tee. If anyone noticed idris was reading all our plays since the days he was here which suggests one thing. Nothing has changed. Yes we win some games but only when our defence is up to scratch. As soon as that crumbles our attack just isn't there to play catch up. Lets be real here we only scored those final try's because we threw the plan out the window and threw the ball around. I have no idea what des is doing but to me is seems like he sticks to the same old crap and 2012 grand final is prime example of it. I personally don't think we have any hope or chance if we stick to what we are doing or not sign a quality ball player.

One final thing. Why does our team always make opposing teams look like premiers. Honestly panthers have so many injuries and ones that occurred during the game and we still couldn't keep up. Refs or no refs this game was there to be won against a weak panthers outfit

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok my turn. I've read all comments etc.. And sort of calmed down now but please people answer me this. Why is it that most teams with good coaches always are able to read our attack. Why? Cause it's one dimensional. The era of barba made us look so good because he was always the player to finish off good set plays and also play his own game at the same time.

Watching the past 3 weeks opposing teams have read our defence to the tee. If anyone noticed idris was reading all our plays since the days he was here which suggests one thing. Nothing has changed. Yes we win some games but only when our defence is up to scratch. As soon as that crumbles our attack just isn't there to play catch up. Lets be real here we only scored those final try's because we threw the plan out the window and threw the ball around. I have no idea what des is doing but to me is seems like he sticks to the same old crap and 2012 grand final is prime example of it. I personally don't think we have any hope or chance if we stick to what we are doing or not sign a quality ball player.

One final thing. Why does our team always make opposing teams look like premiers. Honestly panthers have so many injuries and ones that occurred during the game and we still couldn't keep up. Refs or no refs this game was there to be won against a weak panthers outfit
Agree our attack Is the most predictable attack in the comp, but we dont always make our opposition look like world beaters.. ask manly and storm 3 weeks ago.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't know FFs, but who cares? We are winning more games than we are losing, do something is going right,
Soon as we get a few wins on the board, everyone will be calling Des a master coach and jumping on the bandwagon again,

When that happens I will be sure to bump your post and rub it in

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
CBDoggies, your calmer assessment rings clear to me. Even though I have calmed somewhat I'm still annoyed that we didn't have the ability to rise above the difficulties tonight. That's what we need to do if we are to be taken seriously.

Predictable is the word I have been using for weeks. I can call what we will do three moves out; so I'm sure that the opposition can too. I no longer get the feeling that we are likely to score with the ball. Neither does the team by the look of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.