Kent NRL 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't stand Kent nor Ikin and think the show is a waste of time for the most part and while he does hate Canterbury and always hammers us, for the most part he is right in this instance.

The club was negligent and didn't follow the rules with Josh, and it was especially dumb as there was less than a minute left in a blowout win. How the club can appeal and go on the grounds we are appealing is beyond belief really. We should put our hands up and accept the fine that we deserve, especially as video evidence proves that we're talking sh*t. It's not a good look for the game or the club. And we weren't exactly acting in the best interests of Graham and were flouting the rules in his incident also.

Now the bit that bugs me is that we get made out to be the only club doing it. Also, the whole rule of clubs judging this is fraught with danger as some clubs will try and hide concussions like we did with Graham and like Parra did with Hopoate etc. It should be an independent doctor. There have been many more instances and those clubs and incidents should have been highlighted and those clubs should have been fined. That's the one thing we can complain about in seeking fairness.

But the fine, media attention and ridicule for appealing a blatantly warranted fine with a weak excuse that's easily proven wrong.... I'm sorry but most of you have to take your Canterbury glasses off and call it for what it is. If this were Melbourne you'd all be calling them cheats and go on about how Smith and Slater are grubs and Bellamy a lowlife etc..

The club was in the wrong in the first place with it's inaction and negligence to follow the rule and made it worse by lying and appealing the fine. They should have accepted the fine, learnt from it and moved on. The club created this media storm by appealing in the first place, If they accepted the fine everyone could have moved on. Now we have to deal with giving Kent and co this on a platter.

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't beleive that every trash talking jurno can feel free to say what ever the eff they feel like make our proud club look like scum and our admins ALWAYS DO NOTHING disgraceful tbh When are they going to draw the line in the sand to these sneaky evil snakes and make an example out of them like common man srsly !!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are we officially appealing? Did we officially use the Tolman excuse? Or is this the dirty media talking shit again?

growler

New Pup
Reaction score
**** is a turd, he stumbles on his words when highlighting the video evidence. Question: why doesnt he present a case against other clubs who are being scruitinised? Deliberate ploy. Wanker!

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me the problem is we haven't done our homework before making the statement that we'd appeal. I'm concerned that Raelene Castle has made some pretty glaring errors of judgement recently (this and the Fifita issue) and I'm beginning to wonder whether she can cut it as CEO.....just my opinion. Time will tell I guess but I'd reckon Ray Dibb is watching and listening very carefully !

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sue the ****s for defamation!

Unfortunately we dont have eddie mcguire running our club who made tim payne publically appologise who was making fun of his club having no salary cap....

fruity

New Pup
Reaction score
**** is a turd, he stumbles on his words when highlighting the video evidence. Question: why doesnt he present a case against other clubs who are being scruitinised? Deliberate ploy. Wanker!
a - no other club has, as yet, been charged
b - no other club is trying to lie about what has happened

what a laugh some of you people are - talking about suing for defamation - you realise you can only do that if what is being alleged isnt true, right? And the video evidence is clear - the club lied, simple as that.

suck it up and realise - tried to lie, got caught out.

and no points will be deducted - that's just stupid talk.

A

Alexander the Great

[FKN-SIK];2754811 said:
People actually watch a show with Ikin & ****? I would rather get hit by a train
I would rather shit razor blades tbh

N

Natboy

Isnt part of the cognitive test they do involve asking the player if he is ok and knows where he is??? I do agree with u bcmf that jj should have been taken off as there was nothing to gain but if the trainer asks are u ok and the player can answer all the questions that what else can he do?
Based on the footage they showed it looked like Jackson didn't even answer him.
Look we were in the wrong & probably deserve the fine BUT so do the other clubs (investigations are still pending)
Paul Kent is a disgrace too. Just so biased against us. I hope he enjoys the email I sent him this morning. He went too far last night & will be getting a call to visit the boss.
Expect our club to make contact also

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Based on the footage they showed it looked like Jackson didn't even answer him.
Look we were in the wrong & probably deserve the fine BUT so do the other clubs (investigations are still pending)
Paul Kent is a disgrace too. Just so biased against us. I hope he enjoys the email I sent him this morning. He went too far last night & will be getting a call to visit the boss.
Expect our club to make contact also
The footage from the other angle which wasnt showed last night josh did nod when trainer asked him if he was ok..... thats not to say he shoulve been taken off. Trainer also did have his back to the play cos he left the field seconds before the josh's incident, so he didnt see him getting concussed.... wether he was attending to tolman or not is not shown in other footage.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know the details of this and I don't really care but honestly the game has got more to worry about. the longer they deflect from the real problems like corrupt refereeing, crowd numbers, draw scheduling , peptides, bias with TV games etc the more the game will swing away from public comciousness.

people don't care about this stuff, it's not a huge issue and tbh was always going to happen in a competitive sport. People want the game back to the things that set it apart from AFL and soccer not some wannabe never was first grade alcoholic hack lining his own biased agenda.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Surprise Surprise he's pushing for the dogs to get caned on the concussion incidents. Like a kid in a candy store
I watched the first episode this year, and was absolutely bored, and I haven't tuned in again. I don't intend to. My Grandmother has better views on the game then Kent and I will listen to her intently.

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has edited the footage! He has cut some bits out .

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score

what a laugh some of you people are - talking about suing for defamation - you realise you can only do that if what is being alleged isnt true, right? And the video evidence is clear - the club lied, simple as that.

Who are you?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know the details of this and I don't really care but honestly the game has got more to worry about. the longer they deflect from the real problems like corrupt refereeing, crowd numbers, draw scheduling , peptides, bias with TV games etc the more the game will swing away from public comciousness.

people don't care about this stuff, it's not a huge issue and tbh was always going to happen in a competitive sport. People want the game back to the things that set it apart from AFL and soccer not some wannabe never was first grade alcoholic hack lining his own biased agenda.
Spot fcking on.

But nothing shows you mean business like a good media crusade. The NRL really care about player's welfare after 100+ years.... They mean business...

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty much this.

Status
Not open for further replies.