James Tedesco Management not happy with Tigers offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Tedesco was signing with the Tigers, we'd already know about it.

Lead up to the first home game of the season at Leichardt was the perfect time to announce it. It's already been covered in many media outlets that the Tigers can't afford to get in a bidding war with the Bulldogs. The Tigers Leagues club only has spare change to give the club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes it is. Sam Perrett.
While Sam has been OUTSTANDING in defense he just lacks that killer punch in attack.

I think he is doing a fine job and Des has probz made the right call not rushing to buy someone for the sake of it because Perrett has done an admireable job. Though if we pick up a player like Hayne or Tedesco (long way to be compared to Hayne though promising signs) then it gives us that attacking ability we lack and also allows Perrett to strengthen our wing positions!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
While Sam has been OUTSTANDING in defense he just lacks that killer punch in attack.

I think he is doing a fine job and Des has probz made the right call not rushing to buy someone for the sake of it because Perrett has done an admireable job. Though if we pick up a player like Hayne or Tedesco (long way to be compared to Hayne though promising signs) then it gives us that attacking ability we lack and also allows Perrett to strengthen our wing positions!
You are still expecting him to score tries like Barba 2012. The fullback isnt really the top tryscorer in any team in recent times. Mini is the fullback of the current premiers. Perrett is a lot like him.

We are the best attack in the league so far this year, so we dont really need a try machine fullback, just a safe, solid one who runs the ball back well. Perrett ticks all the boxes he needs to. I predict we wont sign ANYONE else for fullback. I personally dont see the big deal with Tedesco. Perrett is much better in defence and that is more important, so we arent leaking too many tries. Nothing is worse than a fullback who cant tackle or gets caught out of position a lot. Perrett is getting better every game in the role, and i dont want us to hire anyone else.

Forget Hayne. Yeh hes a fantastic player, but no way hes leaving the Eels. They will sign the club over to him before they let him go. He is the heart and soul of the team.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Perrett is reliable and dependable. That's how I'd describe him. But (from memory) turns 29 this year, and will be 30 when he finishes his contract in 2015.

Now is the perfect time to shop for a replacement, whilst Perrett is still going well.

These days a fullback who supports in attack and looks for the offload (i.e is able to inject himself in attack anywhere at anytime), is invaluable.

In those close games like last night, it could be the difference between winning or losing.

I'd say the Bulldogs will never stop looking, but just wait, make offers, and see who comes along.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watching Tigers vs Manly?

Tedesco is doing some great ball running, but he seems to get up from most tackles in pain, holding his knees and ankles

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watching Tigers vs Manly?

Tedesco is doing some great ball running, but he seems to get up from most tackles in pain, holding his knees and ankles
Yeh very fragile. Maybe our hyperbaric chamber and training staff will make him overcome his injuries lolll.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Granted he is talented but fmd has he finished a game this season?

Cant believe im saying this but after 5 rounds I prefer Hiku.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
...and now he's out for the rest of the game. Pain killer injections didn't work

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gould the Hutt reckons it's the way hey runs and steps.

Don't get me wrong, the boy has skills but I don't think he is worth buying.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hiku has always been my preference and i'm really hoping we get him, still cant believe manly played wolfman over cheyse blair

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also that dallin watene-zelezniak had a pretty good debut for panthers on the wing, scored 2 tries

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hiku hasn't really impressed me. I don't understand the hype. He looks strong, but not all that quick. He seems to drop a few too many balls as well.

However, I must confess that I haven't watched every game he's played this year

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiku hasn't really impressed me. I don't understand the hype. He looks strong, but not all that quick. He seems to drop a few too many balls as well.

However, I must confess that I haven't watched every game he's played this year
I know right.

Who would have thought back when Barba left that we would be sitting here right now talking about Hiku or Tedesco as our major fullback signing?

It's depressing really.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perrett is reliable and dependable. That's how I'd describe him. But (from memory) turns 29 this year, and will be 30 when he finishes his contract in 2015.

Now is the perfect time to shop for a replacement, whilst Perrett is still going well.

These days a fullback who supports in attack and looks for the offload (i.e is able to inject himself in attack anywhere at anytime), is invaluable.

In those close games like last night, it could be the difference between winning or losing.

I'd say the Bulldogs will never stop looking, but just wait, make offers, and see who comes along.
Perret's emergence at fb has helped the Dogs dodge a big bullet but let's not kid ourselves on the chances lightening will strike twice.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we should keep perret for fb and get a winger

Status
Not open for further replies.