• Hooker

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Alright so this is a thread for everyone who has ever played league, whether it's with a group of mates or actually in a comp, what position do you prefer to play/did you prefer to play?

I can play in the halves or on the wings, I made it multiple in case you can play more than one position effectively.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I only selected wing,
I had actually played many positions during juniors but ended up on the wing as I got older so that's why I picked wing,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Given my current weight though, I think I'd be a prop forward if I played right now lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Second rower (a very very very average second rower couldn't run or tackle) I would of been better suited to peeling oranges

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Played centre, but enjoyed the party's after the game more lol

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I originally started as a forward playing Prop, Second Row and then eventually as a more loose forward at Lock which I enjoyed a lot.

I then found a home at Centre as I got older in my juniors due to my speed and lack of going to my local fully sick gym every day (lol), where I enjoyed the space on the edges and the personal battles with my opposing Centres.

Damn, I miss playing footy... lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember one game for some stupid reason I had the task of trying to stop matt offord.i didn't get one hand on him but he sure as hell got around me a few times .Thanks to my dreadful defense he got a hatric that day.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Started in the forwards finished at Fullback.
Might have to give Des a call.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played as a utility could play any spot really

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2nd row or lock in my high school days. Now, waterboy.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played prop/front row the whole of my grade career, and the odd game at lock/2nd row in juniors. I'd get lost if I had to stand in the back line..... Lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When I started with touch footy (first form of footy I played), I was a player maker/dummy half but would shift out to the wing when needed and sometimes used as a utility from the bnech. When I played league for a short time I was a halfback or five-eighth but shifted around utility and hooker.

I currently play oztag as a play maker (halfback or five-eighth), hooker/dummy half runner when needed (like Josh Reynolds haha), on the wing when someone else wants to step up or as a utility off the bench. It has mainly been the same for me during all codes, a half, a hooker/dummy half runner, winger or utility and I have no problems when the coach asks me to shift around and do my best.

Only thing I don't like about oztag is the kicking rules, my kicking game is still there but it isn't used accept for grubbers or downward hard kicks to make is bounce up high.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Used to play hooker when I was a kid, hated getting my neck bent in the scrum so used to go in with a headbutt.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wing outside a champion centre who went on to play FG for Balmain - albeit only a few games.

edit: Champion in junior league.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I played for school comp in either centre or front row.

Much preferred centre but still love front row. Nothing tougher then running it off a kickoff with 13 blokes wanting to kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.