Is anyone drinking booze ATM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats a bloody good idea. Get started!
It would help give my mum new ideas for food to cook, getting sick of the villager/peasant Lebanese food my old man likes to eat that are just weird wog greens

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would help give my mum new ideas for food to cook, getting sick of the villager/peasant Lebanese food my old man likes to eat that are just weird wog greens
Every culture has great food.

My neighbours are Sri Lankan / Italian & Portuguese.

Sri Lankans: Awesome curries with chilli & beer with a massive chuck of ice
Italians: Wood fire pizza with grappa
Portuguese: Awesome BBQ chilli chicken with home made wine

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure your mum makes BBQ sumac chicken, kibbeh nayeh, tabouli and the those home made pickles. Finish with a bit of Arak and those almonds on ice.

Now that is great food!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure your mum makes BBQ sumac chicken, kibbeh nayeh, tabouli and the those home made pickles. Finish with a bit of Arak and those almonds on ice.

Now that is great food!
Only on occasions or when she can be bothered haha

It's like when we have BBQs only a few times a month because it is hard work to prepare for her -_-

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only on occasions or when she can be bothered haha

It's like when we have BBQs only a few times a month because it is hard work to prepare for her -_-
Get in and have a crack yourself. You might just love it!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get in and have a crack yourself. You might just love it!
We try but she is like get the **** out of my kitchen even to my dad who isn't a bad cook haha

Me and my bro do all the BBQ cooking and sometimes we just buy meat and cook it up for ourselves if mum has made peasant food.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now that is great food!
Never had that but give me a recipe sounds kick ass

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that is great food!
Sumac chicken loaded with butter and chives under the skin is to die for. Hungry just thinking about it.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never had that but give me a recipe sounds kick ass
The BBQ chicken is as per how you would marinate it but you add sumac. Its a little ground berry & gives a middle eastern flavour thats a bit like lemon. Its is very nice.

I have never made kibbeh nayeh as it is essentially raw meat mixed with herbs & treated with lemon. Best leave this to the experts, ie. your lebo mates mothers. Its also very nice.

Tabouli is soaked crack wheat (burgal) and finely chopped parsley, roma tomatoes, spring onions seasoned with salt, pepper, little olive oil & lemon.

I always add finely chopped Lebanese cucumbers to build it up but its not the way its done, its my way. I reckon its the best salad every & very healthy (very little oil)

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm having a pabst right now checking out the view in my sisters new place. Amazing! Time for another beer ;)
So is pabst a beer? What kind & what does it taste like?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have never heard of it but I have seen its expensive.

What does it taste like & how much alcohol is in it?

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_708301/matso-s-ginger-beer.jsp?bmUID=kj7N0Rn
3.6% alcohol volume. Not as much punch as some of the others (I'm a big ginger beer fan), but being Matsos it's locally brewed in WA.

Lick Pier is probably the best out there but harder to find (in larger bottles).
Crabbies not far behind that.
John Hollows lacks ginger "bite".
Gingerbeard is too spicy.
Franks and Rose River are a bit meh.
Bluetongue is bland.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3.6% alcohol volume. Not as much punch as some of the others (I'm a big ginger beer fan), but being Matsos it's locally brewed in WA.

Lick Pier is probably the best out there but harder to find (in larger bottles).
Bluetongue is bland.
I gotta give it a shot.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The BBQ chicken is as per how you would marinate it but you add sumac. Its a little ground berry & gives a middle eastern flavour thats a bit like lemon. Its is very nice.

I have never made kibbeh nayeh as it is essentially raw meat mixed with herbs & treated with lemon. Best leave this to the experts, ie. your lebo mates mothers. Its also very nice.

Tabouli is soaked crack wheat (burgal) and finely chopped parsley, roma tomatoes, spring onions seasoned with salt, pepper, little olive oil & lemon.

I always add finely chopped Lebanese cucumbers to build it up but its not the way its done, its my way. I reckon its the best salad every & very healthy (very little oil)
Pretty much, sumac is also great with kaik (dry pastry topped with sesame seeds).

With kibbeh nayeh it is very very lean lamb mixed with a lot of burgal and seasoning which can be eaten raw with olive oil or cooked up (if you get sick of it it becomes awesome patties).

Tabouli is different with areas, some add spring onion some do finally chopped white/brown onion. My mums family use finally chopped white/brown onion and shredded lettuce with it at time or we eat it with Lebo lettuce like bread.

Lebo food differs with areas but it is mostly the same base food.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bluetongue is bland.
Many moons ago when I was I drinker was working in Broome and living about a two minute walk from matsos brewery I sampled a lot of things there and cannot for the life of me remember any of them

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I only ever one tried to brew my own.. it resulted in a number of small explosions one might say, and a ceiling and fridge full of exploded glass and gingerbeer #brewingfail

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever I think Lebanese food al I can think is bread and dips... the turks on the other hand..... :grinning:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever I think Lebanese food al I can think is bread and dips... the turks on the other hand..... :grinning:
Ah the good old mezza, we make better food than the Turks to be honest when you eat at a Lebanese house regularly don't expect the restaurant or BBQ stuff you'd be use to from outside haha. Our kebabs > theirs :o

Status
Not open for further replies.