2014 Auckland 9's Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

No doubt des will pick perret week after week and anyone who criticises des wi get bagged lol
I know we fielded a team that was far from our best, but it still sucked watching them get beat
Very impressed with Mbye, hope he finds a spot in the 17
I still got just as annoyed as usual. I hate seeing us lose! I'm getting worried about our fullback position again. Moses is a gun & will do well for us

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Titans vs warriors final
Yet to see how the Panthers will go, they must surely have some big young guns ready too go due to their large recruitment area

Beaver playing this should be good haha!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye was very very impressive and so was ohanlon to be perfectly honest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why is everyone already on Tony Williams's arse?

We didn't have the bloody ball! What did you want him to do?
They expect him to bloody strip the ball and then run over every player in the team then do a triple backflip over the cross bar and slam the ball down into the bonus zone so hard that it rockets into the earths core and blows up the planet!!!

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye was very very impressive and so was ohanlon to be perfectly honest.
Oh yeah! Mbye looked real good out there, I hope Des can find room for him this year because he's ready for first grade this year - future dogs star and captain.

Did Tyrone Phillip s play?
Didn't even see him, heard his name called though.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They expect him to bloody strip the ball and then run over every player in the team then do a triple backflip over the cross bar and slam the ball down into the bonus zone so hard that it rockets into the earths core and blows up the planet!!!
I still reckon Des told him not to do much since he had to be there according to the rules.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was hard to see Barba in that Jersey but it hurt a lot more when he scored that try and hugged his team mates.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol @ Williams bashing. Give him a chance at least.

Perrett on the other hand has shown enough suckiness at FB to confirm that he sucks at FB.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cowboys already lost their new fullback?

Also how did our boys pull up?

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm glad I went out of my way to watch our first match. NOT.

While we were never going to challenge for the title, I at leased wanted some entertainment from our guys, but the reality is, possession is paramount in these reduced numbers comps, and we made too many basic errors. Maybe this is a sign we're only there because we have to be? Then again Canberra had stuff all ball but still managed 3 tries, with mostly no names.

I didn't see much from Mbye tbh or anyone really but O'Hanlon and Burr were good as expected. Brown and Perrett simply don't have the skill and pace for this sort of footy. Inu would be very good, as would guys like Lafai and Low. I don't remember if Lafai was meant to play before getting injured but it's obvious Des couldn't care less about the tourney.

I watched the Warriors pre-season show the other day and was thinking what a potent attacking team they have. Tomkins, Johnson, Hurrell, Locke and some good forwards. They should be a force in the season proper and will probably win the nines.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised we didn't go after chase Blair tbh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The bonus zone should be an NRL inclusion. I like it!

But only if you enter under the posts. And make it 6 points.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
scoring under the posts is reward enough with an easy conversion, no need for bonus point

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bonus zone should be an NRL inclusion. I like it!

But only if you enter under the posts. And make it 6 points.
No way, it would inhibit the style of play teams go with late in the game if they're down by 7 instead of 6, you'd hardly see any of the last minute spectacular tries because teams would be too busy trying to score under the posts and it would make defending easier since they would know they want to score under the posts

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It'd give chance to a team just behind to snatch victory in closing moments with potentially 8 points.

So a 6 point lead woukdnt have you safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.