Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see what Graham would go like at Lock (bit like Sam Burgess at souths).

Big mobile forward with rock solid defense and ball playing ability. Also mean you can keep Tolman as starting prop (he was a big money re-signing last year).

8. Tolman
10. Fifita
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Graham

Only bad thing with quick play the balls and possibly some other ridiculous rule change for next year will screw up our plans :p haha. Best thing would be reduce interchanges. Will benefit our pack which are fitter then most packs (Graham and Tolman can go 70 mins easily, Pritchad could get that out too).

Will mean our bench could look like

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Eastwood
17. Finucane, Jackson, Browne, Burr, O'Hanlon etc

Shame is our strength is our forwards and the fringe players are the ones with the most promise (Klemmer, Browne etc) who get limited mins to show what they have and to develop.

I will go out and say probably biggest forward pack ever, but a big forward pack can get torn to shreads if they dont slow down the ruck in defense and dont get quick play the balls in attack.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
In regards to Andrew Fafita's contract the supergrass on the Grill team said it was for $600-$650K and not the $850K reported and the Bulldogs aren't happy about the $850K figure being thrown around.

CheesyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
8. Kasiano
9.lichaa
10. Fifita
11. Pritchard
12. Trex
13. Graham
14. Klemmer
15. Finucane
16. Jackson
17. Eastwood/maitua

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unsure if this has been posted or not apologize if it has

@bluenwhiteau: Rumours now circulating that Reece Robinson may be a mid-season transfer to the Bulldogs as early as next week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
At 26, I'm not sure we'd take a gamble like that. Decent player (don't get me wrong), but starting to get on fullback wise.

Unless we are intending to sign him for 2 years whilst waiting for guys like Templeman to develop.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
At 26, I'm not sure we'd take a gamble like that. Decent player (don't get me wrong), but starting to get on fullback wise.

Unless we are intending to sign him for 2 years whilst waiting for guys like Templeman to develop.
?

Hayne is 26. Would you say he's getting on?

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In regards to Andrew Fafita's contract the supergrass on the Grill team said it was for $600-$650K and not the $850K reported and the Bulldogs aren't happy about the $850K figure being thrown around.
This makes a lot more sense, I never believed that 850 figure.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

@bluenwhiteau: Rumours now circulating that Reece Robinson may be a mid-season transfer to the Bulldogs as early as next week.
Faster and better than we have now.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I rate Reece! Has speed and can break the line!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reece is a very underrated player whom i have plenty of time for. Solid fullback but iffy defence.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take him but he is by no means a superstar fullback as the club seemed like they were intent on signing lol

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with the recent signing of Fifita the Fullbacks we were in talks with may actually consider making the switch.
Castle didnt rule out Hoff so we shouldnt rule out Fish,Robinson,Hiku & Locke either.
remember we have until the June 30th deadline for any mid year transfers like how we acquired Perrett and Inu.
I think most players now days will also consider whether the team can offer them an premiership as that will surely get your name in the history books and also open many doors in regards to life after footy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
?

Hayne is 26. Would you say he's getting on?
Stewart is 29 and currently broken every other week.
Slater is 30 and starting to have issues
Boyd is 26.
Gidley is 31 and always injured.

Just saying its a gamble if we are after Reece, but hes generally pretty fit.

Dieseldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It might be just me but I think Robinson has the same fullback style that Luke patten had same sort of angles and running style

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be just me but I think Robinson has the same fullback style that Luke patten had same sort of angles and running style
very fleet footed and once in space has some serious pace and can break the line if a hole opens just for a instant - Reece also is great at backing up forwards and is always snooping around the ruck i've noticed - I remember he was carving up when Dugan was injured a few years back.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In terms of salary cap Im very happy with Reece!

Status
Not open for further replies.