Bulldogs after Josh Hoffman #NoSurprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Hoffman and Milford are forced to stay at their respective clubs, at least it makes the Dogs look compassionate and Brisbane and Canberra look like bastards just for forcing players to hold up their contracts.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hoffman and Milford are forced to stay at their respective clubs, at least it makes the Dogs look compassionate and Brisbane and Canberra look like bastards just for forcing players to hold up their contracts.
Or makes us look soft and a club where you can easily break a contract anytime you get a better offer elsewhere.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im guessing:-

*Milford to Brisbane in 2014
*Locke to Canberra
*Hoffman to Canterbury
That looks about right... I guess next week well get a final answer and then we can finally enjoy our holidays knowing exactly WTF is going on.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Or makes us look soft and a club where you can easily break a contract anytime you get a better offer elsewhere.
I don't think it's as bad as that, we are building a culture of a team where everyone wants to be there (dare I say like Manly). Who knows if Brisbane force Hoffman to stay what effect that will have on them over the year? especially with his old man having a go at Hodges for his shit call about his son.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's as bad as that, we are building a culture of a team where everyone wants to be there (dare I say like Manly). Who knows if Brisbane force Hoffman to stay what effect that will have on them over the year? especially with his old man having a go at Hodges for his shit call about his son.
If Brisbane force Hoffman to stay the chances of him stuffing up there season are very high

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If Brisbane force Hoffman to stay the chances of him stuffing up there season are very high
Wouldn't be surprised if the donkeys held onto Hoffman until mid season next year just out of spite!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
And as a result Hoffman stuffs up all together haha
Hoffman has heart in buckets unlike our last waste of oxygen, he wouldn't allow himself to fail if kept at the donkeys and thats why I like him. Something we need at our club!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoffman has heart in buckets unlike our last waste of oxygen, he wouldn't allow himself to fail if kept at the donkeys and thats why I like him. Something we need at our club!
Well if he wants to come to Canterbury and join Pritchard and the others let him come :grinning: he seems happy hanging out with them.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL need to step in and stop the broncos pinching under contract players then refuse to let go of Hoffman....

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But the Bulldogs didn't want Barba, where the Raiders wanted to keep Milford and Broncos wanted to keep Hoffman.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if the donkeys held onto Hoffman until mid season next year just out of spite!

No they will keep him for the entire season. He has had 3 years to cement the FB spot & hasn't done so.

Hope they put him on the wing, just to p!ss him off. hehe

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoffman can deny it all he likes on twitter but it is fairly obvious he has asked for a release. First there was talk from his manager that he was not happy, than hoffman himself said he would sort his future out when he returns from the WC. If he hadn't asked for a release, what is there really for him to sort out? Although he just palms off all of pritchard's photos with him and only bulldog players in it and says he didn't post them, does anyone really think pritchard would do that to him without his blessing? Brisbane can deny it all they like, hoffman wants out and he wants to be a bulldog.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoffman can deny it all he likes on twitter but it is fairly obvious he has asked for a release.
His manager asked for a release the day the Broncos signed Ben Barba. The Broncos said NO.

Hoffman has been out of favour at the Broncos for about a year for comments he made.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...fall-from-favour/story-fniabm4i-1226771700755

He compounded that with some brutal honesty about the imminent arrival of Stephen Kearney as an assistant coach that ruffled feathers at Red Hill.

"We weren't really putting in (at the end of last season)," Hoffman said at the time. "We weren't looking each other in the eye and being honest about our efforts. I know myself, I wasn't digging in like I could have.

"I think he (Kearney) will really help bring the team closer."

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Do you really think it was compassionate grounds by the bulldogs? If it was compassion we would of released him a lot earlier and for purpose of media relations we say it was compassion, what I believe rightly or wrongly is Barba couldn't handle the heights of stardom, he thought he was bigger then the club and the game, could no longer demand respect from all teammates and couldn't handle the disappointment of grandfinal defeat and for the combination of these factors it was his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.