What the **** is going on , like really????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
actually des shouldn't have to consider what barba is worth because barba has signed a piece of paper agreeing that he is worth x over x years

he shouldn't have to deal with it for another 18 months
x2

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
PM's should be sent in order of join date ;-)
Now someone hook me up please!

Topdog30

Waterboy
Reaction score
actually des shouldn't have to consider what barba is worth because barba has signed a piece of paper agreeing that he is worth x over x years

x3

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
never seen so much nancying. The blokes that know have respectfully said they will divulge info once it's kosher to do so, which is cool.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score

x4

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

x5 ... haha rodzilla for ceo :slick:

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

although I completely understand this and is in reality correct I can't help but think that if he signed for x then went on to be worth x then we should look at the new picture rather than the old one.

i.e - if his form is gamebreaking now whereas it wasnt before then the goalposts have obviously changed and his value is worth more than it was. If we are stubborn then we lose because at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what he signed for but what he is actually worth. Which is more than what he is on now and probs more than Trex ever.

Players like him don't come along very often.
I realise that this is irrelevant now because of the damage done but imo if you want to compete in the NRL 'business' you need to pay blokes their worth otherwise they **** off. Club loyalty is dead.

N

Natboy

although I completely understand this and is in reality correct I can't help but think that if he signed for x then went on to be worth x then we should look at the new picture rather than the old one.

i.e - if his form is gamebreaking now whereas it wasnt before then the goalposts have obviously changed and his value is worth more than it was. If we are stubborn then we lose because at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what he signed for but what he is actually worth. Which is more than what he is on now and probs more than Trex ever.

I realise that this is irrelevant now because of the damage done but imo if you want to compete in the NRL 'business' you need to pay blokes their worth otherwise they **** off. Club loyalty is dead.
Based on his performances, attitude, rehab, behaviour, associations (and other alleged activity), conflict with other players and injury this year he isn't worth anywhere near as much as he was asking though...

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Based on his performances, attitude, rehab, behaviour, associations (and other alleged activity), conflict with other players and injury this year he isn't worth anywhere near as much as he was asking though...
he's worth as much as someone is willing to pay. If the Broncos pay him 600k then he's worth 600k. He's certainly shown me he's worth more than what he signed his current contract for.

all the other stuff(attitude,behaviour) is relevant but not a deal breaker imo. People **** up and get back on track all the time.

N

Natboy

he's worth as much as someone is willing to pay. If the Broncos pay him 600k then he's worth 600k. He's certainly shown me he's worth more than what he signed his current contract for.

all the other stuff(attitude,behaviour) is relevant but not a deal breaker imo. People **** up and get back on track all the time.
So you would sign idiots and pay them a million a year just because another club said they would?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

if the post moved in the other direction and barba became hopeless, would he agree to a downgrade?

i guarantee not

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Most players in the NRL know what he has done the bloke is a dog he can run but he cant hide and I can assure some Broncos players are not happy he is going there I hope to god the truth comes out

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
So you would sign idiots and pay them a million a year just because another club said they would?
nup. I said that if they pay him that then that is what he's worth.

I would top him up because he is a gamebreaker and a marketing tool.

I don't buy into the fact that he can't defend, I think he defended great last year. This year is a strange year which could potentially be one year he sorts shit out and then spends the next 10 tearing teams new ones.

N

Natboy

nup. I said that if they pay him that then that is what he's worth.

I would top him up because he is a gamebreaker and a marketing tool.

I don't buy into the fact that he can't defend, I think he defended great last year. This year is a strange year which could potentially be one year he sorts shit out and then spends the next 10 tearing teams new ones.
I think you are confusing the words "worth" and "cost"

If I pay 100k for a holden barina. The barina cost 100k but it doesn't mean it's worth that

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the upgrade contract should only ever be granted if the player is incredibly underpaid and it must have an extension on the end of it, for example if we gave it to barba he would sign for 2 extra years so the club gets something

also the rest of the team must understand the circumstances and agree with the upgrade

this is not the case, barba definitely fails on the final hurdle plus probably isnt incredibly underpaid

i think barba was overpaid then underpaid and now simply paid

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
RE

If I pay 100k for a holden barina. The barina cost 100k but it doesn't mean it's worth that
its the same as Bellamy saying that Smith is worth what a Club is willing to pay and the Real Estate ethos of a house being worth what someone is willing to pay. The worth of a player is exactly that - if a Club is willing to pay Barba a million a year than that is what he's worth. maybe not to everyone but to that Club. I personally think if we paid barba 600 a year it would be reasonable considering his talent. His current contract is unders imo. Not saying it's the Clubs fault or anyones really that he signed for what he did but in reality he is worth more than e.g trex who is on 600.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

if you pay 100k for a Barina then to you it is worth that otherwise you wouldn't do it.

N

Natboy

if you pay 100k for a Barina then to you it is worth that otherwise you wouldn't do it.
But I would be a ****ing idiot, especially if the car is a lemon like Barba
He has so many issues. I can't wait until they come out and everyone will listen

Status
Not open for further replies.